It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This dumbo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No. The narrative that the Nazi lovers have been running with is that Heyer just so happened to die from a heart attack at the exact same instant she was struck by Fields' car.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
a reply to: Allaroundyou

If 1/3 have felonies, that is also a good reason to fear that group.

Or even a better reason to avoid the group altogether...and not to speed into the group with your car, for certain.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: TheRedneck

I get that but wasn’t another street available for use to this guy? Or he just could have stayed in his car and waited for the mob to move on.
But ya I should hold judgment until the jury does.

You didn't see the above. It's possible for enough of a mob to break into your car and pull you out if you sit around waiting on them. That's what happened to Denny in his truck.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Obviously on this there is a fine line. Go too far one way and you let people simply run over others in the street. Go too far the other way and you allow mobs to terrorize motorists and disrupt the passing flow of traffic. Either one is dangerous.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

No. The narrative that the Nazi lovers have been running with is that Heyer just so happened to die from a heart attack at the exact same instant she was struck by Fields' car.

I am guessing you meant the Patriot side. The Nazi lovers ARE indeed ANTIFA members.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Obviously on this there is a fine line. Go too far one way and you let people simply run over others in the street. Go too far the other way and you allow mobs to terrorize motorists and disrupt the passing flow of traffic. Either one is dangerous.

I would say 'who has the right of way', if i am the Judge? And did the driver have a gun pointed at him by ANTIFA?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If I am surrounded by a screaming gang of nuts, who don't know what a blaring horn means, I am putting pedal to the metal.
It's your own damned stupid fault if you get smashed.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Unite the Right was literally organized by neo-Nazi, neo-Confederate, and white supremacist organizations. The first place the heart attack narrative appeared was the Daily Stormer.

So yes, Nazi lover is a very apt term for those people.

Do you really consider those kinds of people patriots?
edit on 11/27/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

To be honest, I don't remember much about the video. It's been a while back. I remember I condemned the guy after watching it when it happened, and that pretty much lines up with your description. I am only stating that the defense is not "dumb" as a general rule, not that it is applicable or reasonable in this one case.

It all boils down to the jury. If they believe him, he'll likely get off; if they don't, he'll go to prison. If, as you say, he floored it before he got to the crowd, his defense is not going to go well, even if he committed the crime backing out. He put himself into the situation and he gets to bear the consequences. Not many people have compassion for someone who looks for a fight and finds one.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

We can start with this "This wasnt a mob but a group of peaceful protesters."

No, we can't. It was a mob, and an unruly one at that. That much I remember. Still no excuse to intentionally drive a car into them, though, if that's what happened.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

It doesn't take a gun to cause you danger when you are in your car. Determined mobs with large rocks or blunt objects like bats or sledgehammers or crowbars can smash your windows and drag you out into the street.

I don't think a gun needs to be a qualifier for a motorist to feel justifiably threatened.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Fantasize? You Trump supporters are just as thin skinned and can't take a joke! Most of you Trump supporters fantasize that Trump is some kind of genius. Most Trump bashers don't make excuses every time Trump puts his foot in his mouth. So before you claim that Trump bashers are fantasizing about reality you should look in the mirror, lol. I live in a reality and don't follow Trump like a pied piper. Ignoring Trump's ignorant rhetoric, his self glorification, incompetency, attacks on our democracy and daily brainwashing of his supporters is certainly signs of needed counseling.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Well , in his Defense , He could have been Killed by one of those Bodies he Ran Over coming through his Windshield and Terminating his Life ! ........Yeah , I know , I would be a Lousy Lawyer ..........

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: watchitburn

Fantasize? You Trump supporters are just as thin skinned and can't take a joke!

We took a joke for 8 years.
Now it's your turn.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Actually the crowd he plowed into were not unruly. They were protesters walking down a walking mall from one location to another.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If so, that is going to make his defense a lot harder. He has to prove he was in fear of his life.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

We can start with this "This wasnt a mob but a group of peaceful protesters."
He was not defending himself against anyone.

You mean those peaceful protestors that just happened to have sticks and bats at the ready to beat on the jackass' car with when he drove into that "peaceful" crowd?

Look, it's safe to assume that not all of them were looking for a fight, and certainly many of them were peaceful, but let's not paint the entire group with a rose-colored broad brush, okay? Otherwise, it's impossible to explain the bats at the ready and still keep any personal integrity intact.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The argument could be made that they only showed up with those items because the UTR crowd showed up with weapons and shields. Not to mention they had attacked peaceful protesters the night before.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

That is irrelevant, maybe even helpful to the defense, in this case. The question is, was the driver in reasonable fear of his safety. Saying the mob had a reason to have weapons really strengthens the drivers case in my mind, because that would be all he saw at that moment.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

No, it couldn't, because the Antifa element of that crowd had such weapons from the start--it's not as if they showed up, saw weapons and shields on the other side, called a timeout, ran home or to their local wood line or sporting-goods store to get themselves some sticks and bats, returned hurriedly, and called time-in.

But sure, I suppose that the weapons and willingly violent people were just spontaneous happenings that there was no call to counter the Unite The Right group prior to them showing up, and if there was, it certainly wouldn't have groups known for violence at their protests (and even riotous behavior) as part of the group calling for the counter-protest ahead of time. And if that happened, they certainly wouldn't call for counter-protestors to "bring your friends, bring your skills, bring your voices, we are deeply grateful for every offer of support."

Oh, wait...

Let's not hold these Antifa and violence-inspired people to a standard that they fail to meet every time one of these counter-protests breaks out. I mean, I know that they would never publish any flyers calling for violence against Unite The Right and other alt-right groups, but I mean...yeah, they do.

Image source

Again, I'm in no way saying that this asshole was justified in any way for harming this crowd and killing someone the way that he did, but let's not sugarcoat the group of thug jackasses that existed in that crowd, too. Go peddle that nonsense somewhere else, because I'm not the gullible fella for whom you seem to be searching.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join