It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This dumbo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Dude this guy wants to claim self defense LOL.
I’m sorry I’m not one to make a mud pit forum but WOW.
How can you claim this when enclosed in a vehicle traveling at a speed that can and did kill.
Left or right aside this guy definitely deserves a Darwin Award.

Good fing god some people are just that freaking stupid.

Anyways here is the link.
the hill

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Here's how:

The attack on Reginald Denny was an incident in the 1992 Los Angeles riots in which Reginald Denny, a white construction truck driver, was beaten nearly to death by a group of black men who came to be known as the "L.A. Four". The attack was captured on video by a news helicopter, and broadcast live on US national television.

When I drove a truck, had I ever been surrounded by a mob like that I would have plowed through leaving greasy spots. Better tried by 12 than carried by 6.

I'm not defending him; the guy may be guilty and needs to be prosecuted if so. But it is possible for enough of a mob to overtake a truck, much more a car, and kill the driver. Let's see what the jury has to say about it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I get that but wasn’t another street available for use to this guy? Or he just could have stayed in his car and waited for the mob to move on.
But ya I should hold judgment until the jury does.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I won't be surprised if Trump defends this guy saying..."It's just disgraceful that this man is being persecuted when these Obama protesters were standing in the street! What was this upstanding guy supposed to do? Slam on his brakes? Believe me, this guy is being persecuted just because the prosecutor is a friend of crooked Hillary!" LOL.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It won't fly.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I don't know; I wasn't there.

Just pointing out that the defense is possible, not just "dumb."

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

wait till you atre in a vehicle with the spectre of a mob attack looming - " defensive driving " FTW

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Road = cars
Pavement = pedestrians

Car vs « Reeeeeing » pedestrians on road = disaster.

Moral of the story = respect boundaries

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Most will not be detained by a mob so this is only going to get worse if it continues. If this happens to me I will move my vehicle slow to prevent injury. And if they escalate their violence when I am peaceably trying to pass, leaving evidence of their intent to harm me, I will floor it and check in at the Local Police precinct. Yes it is better to be judged than carried limply.

ETA

Using my phone camera to prove what it was like will be smart too.
edit on 27-11-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

So you're bashing Trump now about things you fantasize he might do?

You may want to go seek counseling for that.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Wasn't there an antifa professor bragging about how he chased him with an ar-15 before he drove into the crowd?

Edit. This guy

“I take perverse pleasure in having carried this Spike’s lower in the defense of Justice Park on August 12th. I used this rifle to chase off James Fields from our block of 4th St before he attacked the marchers to the south. Spike’s needs a good lesson in ethics and antifascism.”

edit on 27-11-2018 by Flatcoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

liberals mobs don't move on, they attack.

being out numbered by a righteous riotous mob, i can see how that can have someone fearing for their lives.

but that guy also has a history of attacking people, so i would take that into consideration
but
1/3 of black men have felony convictions. So how many black men were there? If 1/3 have felonies, that is also a good reason to fear that group.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

being out numbered by a righteous riotous mob, i can see how that can have someone fearing for their lives.

but that guy also has a history of attacking people, so i would take that into consideration
but
1/3 of black men have felony convictions. So how many black men were there? If 1/3 have felonies, that is also a good reason to fear that group.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

but

How would you react if tons of people started banging on your car on the middle of the street where a car is supposed to be?

Bollocks tp their colour... they bang and smash the crap out of your car...

How would you react?

I would personally worry big time and then try to escape when threatened.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If he is pleading self defense in the UK, he can only use equal and reasonable force, I am pretty sure he would be convicted in the UK, lets see what happens in the USA

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Except that I've watched the video, as most have, and hesped up toward the crowd rather unprovoked and from a good distance away from the crowd. The only time that I think that he actually feared for his life was AFTER he plowed intentionally into the crowd, they swarmed him, and then he realized that he needed to flee so he put it in reverse and hit people while escaping.

What I'm unclear about is if the murder charge stems from him driving into the crowd, or escaping from it. If it's the latter, I suppose that he may have a case considering the people who swarmed him with bats and other weapons. Of course, some states have laws that note that if you intentionally put yourself in a life-threatening situation and basically start the fight, you cannot use self-defense as a defense for your actions.

I don't know enough about the VA laws to know if that applies here.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The comments section is a hoot. a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

We can start with this "This wasnt a mob but a group of peaceful protesters."
He was not defending himself against anyone.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

And he will say Heather threw herself in front of the car to make white nationalists look bad.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join