It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may have just royally screwed himself

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I wouldn’t put it past the folks at Wikileaks to make some insane wager like that to make themselves look more credible.

Yeah wikileaks has a history of being incredibly incredible.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

IF, If, If, If, ... From 'EmptyWheel': "Mueller spent the hour and a half delay in arraignment doing … something. It’s possible Manafort even presented the key parts of testimony Mueller needs from him to the grand jury this morning.
"Doing... Something. It's possible..." "Paulie can’t help himself. According to Mueller’s team"...
"Just about the only explanation for Manafort’s actions are that — as I suggested — Trump was happy to have Manafort serve as a mole in Mueller’s investigation."
"as I suggested", "Just about the only explanation"???? Freaking REALLY! Celebrate Good Times COME ON Libs...
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa, so the OPINION of a libtard journalist, who is already associated with this investigation, her
words are the TRUTH? I love this, it may ruin ATS and the USA, but you gotta admit, it's entertaining. There is only one Truth, and her OP ED is probably not it.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well you see Silly, this young generation of liberals has a proclivity for instant gratification, hence they get their hopes up very easily, and then are quickly disappointed when they don't get what they want.

Then it's a lot of whining and crying and name calling until the next "nail in the coffin" come's around.

But by all means, follow suit and get your hopes up.
edit on 11/27/2018 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

Well you see Silly, this young generation of liberals has a proclivity for instant gratification, hence they get their hopes up very easily, and then are quickly disappointed when they don't get what they want.

Then it's a lot of whining and crying and name calling until the next "nail in the coffin" come's around.

Like Obama's birth certificate and Benghazi and Pizzagate and the e-mails.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So... Trump DID collude with Russians to steal the election from Hillary? Or, was this investigation started for no reason?

The investigation is to find a reason for the investigation. It's the most rediculous thing in the world. They are investigating to see if there is anything to investigate.
Just in case.

Maybe we should just do that from now on. If you win the presidential election, you and all of your associates are immediately put under investigation for the duration of your first term. If you can survive that, you automatically win a 2nd term and the opposition, media included, has to shut the hell up and let you do whatever you want for your 2nd term.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: scojak

Like Obama's birth certificate and Benghazi and Pizzagate and the e-mails.

Well it dont matter IF the Certificate was fake he was still president and they will not retroactively remove anything he did even if it was a fake.

And honestly 9 peices of information match exactly to another persons Certificate who was born that year. And i mean type and angle of the letters. It was a digital composite.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Oh goodness. You guys.

Let me emphasize the key words that are the cornerstone of fake news:
"But Mueller’s team appears to have no doubt that Manafort was lying to them. That means they didn’t really need his testimony, at all. It also means they had no need to keep secrets — they could keep giving Manafort the impression that he was pulling a fast one over the prosecutors, all while reporting misleading information to Trump that he could use to fill out his open book test.

Which increases the likelihood that Trump just submitted sworn answers to those questions full of lies"

I mean, I guess congrats on submitting a conspiracy theory to a conspiracy theory website, but other than that, it's a big fat fail.

First, as much as you want it to be illegal for manafort to be a "mole" it simply isn't. I mean, he isn't a mole. He's a cooperating witness (or maybe not cooperating?). Any violation of that cooperation has absolutely zero to do with trump.

Second, to expand. Imagine your buddy robbed a store and the police/fbi think you may have been involved. They take in your buddy and he agrees to a plea deal. Then your buddy tells you everything he knows they know. What law is he violating? Maybe his plea deal, but that's about it. What law are you violating? None.

Third, no one even knows what questions mueller asked, which again makes it highly unlikely that there is any real information that this "reporter" has.

Fourth, if the scenario in the OP happened (mueller knew manafort was letting trump in on their intel), the play the prosecutor would use would be to give manafort the impression that they knew more than they did in order to coax a confession or something similar to a confession.

Fifth, I'm still trying to imagine what questions mueller could have asked that he could have then fed false info to trump through manafort and trump would have used those answers and those answers would be viewed as a problem.

Sixth, the scenario you have described, if even possible (see #5), would be entrapment. The government cannot induce a crime. Would this crime have existed if the government hadn't interfered? No. That's entrapment and that's illegal.

I could go on and on, but I'm going to stop now. Some of you need to view things with a little more critical thought before you get so excited you pee your pants.

ETA Bonus thought:
The whole idea that they could provide answers to the questions mueller was asking trump, through manafort is just hilariously incorrect and would be sniffed out 10 miles away. Miraculously manafort has all of the answers to the questions that mueller is asking trump? LOL if this is the strategem employed by our "best and brightest" we are in serious trouble. I'm literally laughing out loud right now as I write this. I mean, there's just no way that this kind of operation could work if you're not dealing with a common criminal with a sub 80 IQ.
edit on 27-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Paul Manafort is On his Own If Found Guilty of Any Crime . The President's Interests in his Fate are Irrelevant .

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Do liberals really want Trump to fail for their Christmas present?

That is really depressing

Like prozac and life re-evaluation needed depressing.

I want the truth to come out, thats all I care for. My hunch is that Trump is guilty based off how he acts but for all I know he could be innocent. I just want the investigation to conclude, America deserves to know whats going on. But that is even in danger because Trump has installed a loyalist to oversee the investigation and still may fire Mueller. Both of those are not the actions of a man who isn't guilty.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Paul Manafort is On his Own If Found Guilty of Any Crime . The President's Interests in his Fate are Irrelevant .

He won't serve more than 4 years at most worse case scenario, if that. After 2022's Midterms Trump would probably issue a pardon if need be.
edit on 27-11-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I want the truth to come out, thats all I care for.

Such empty words. What's the truth? Is it what Mueller says? Why did you feel the need to hedge with this statement, if so?

But that is even in danger because Trump has installed a loyalist to oversee the investigation...

It seems you already know the truth, that is, your truth. Trump is guilty in your world and nothing will convince you otherwise. Certainly not mueller.

We all know how the mueller fiasco ends. It ends with a report that will be extremely light on evidence and extremely heavy on insinuations. You'll be all over the insinuations and ignore the lack of evidence. That's why mueller shouldn't even be allowed to finish. He should be choked out of his position, it's bad for the US in every way shape and form. It's TDS catnip and that would be fine if trump wasn't the president trying to lead the largest most powerful nation in the world.

Trump is the legitimately elected president. He is doing a good job. America is growing stronger by the day. So what does mueller's investigation do other than attempt to impede the progress trump is making?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

He won't serve more than 4 years at most worse case scenario, if that. After 2022's Midterms Trump would probably issue a pardon if need be.

Why Pardon Him ? The then Candidate Donald J. Trump Knew All about Manaforts Business Dealings , yet took him on his Trump Train . Paul should be Grateful for that , and Stay Loyal to a Man who Supported him Before his Unwise Business Decisions got him in Trouble . .

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Because it's political imprisonment. Why was manafort prosecuted for these crimes now when the DoJ looked at them 6 years ago and said, nah, not worried about it? Because he helped get Trump elected (by securing his nomination).

What we have going on here is the deep state is trying to:
A) Get trump,
AND
B) Prevent another trump

They need to discourage independent people from running for president. If they can't do that they need to discourage people from helping them get elected. The message being sent through manafort is crystal clear: Don't help an outsider or we'll come after you.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Mueller never said trump was not under investigation. Sorry to inform you...
He said he was not a target but he was a subject....
I dont know about you but I would not want to be the subject or target of any FBI investigation.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

They are talking about this on MSNBC now...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

" They need to discourage independent people from running for president

That Egg has been Broken Forever . There are now going to be many more other Trumpish Candidates for Public Office in this Country , The Depp States Days are Numbered

(((+)))

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Betting they have photos...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

hahah Corsi says he lied to everybody except Mueller.... Thats rich.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

What are you talking about you can't prosecute a sitting president for crimes they did before taking his oath till after he leaves office .he could have literally shot hilly Vandenberg on live television but once he took oath he was protected till his term is up.
Now on to part where Mueller tried to put a sting on president he might have but he can not arrest Trump for it the most he can do is recommend to house to vote for impeachment but unless Senate does the same it will be a moot point since a Republican controlled Senate will not do that to their parties president.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I hope so, but I'm not convinced.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join