It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may have just royally screwed himself

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If this proves to be true, then Trump has committed a massive error. Could he be impeached for this?

However, it must be stressed "if this is true". There has been a lot of unsubstantiated claim and counter claim so, at this stage, it could be true but it could equally be a pack of lies.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Let me get this straight. Trump was using a person being investigated, under FBI surveillance as a mole.

How would the President not know Manafort was under surveillance? It was in the news? Much less briefings?

Former Trump Campaign Chair Paul Manafort Has Been Under FBI Surveillance For Years
HALLIE DETRICKSeptember 19th, 2017
fortune.com...

Prosecutors: Paul Manafort tried to coach witnesses in criminal case
MIKE JAMES | USA TODAY | 1:28 am EDT June 5, 2018
www.usatoday.com...

So the head of the executive branch who Mueller has stated is not under criminal investigation needs a mole? And is using a mole under investigation and surveillance? Because a person under investigation would have access to the secret workings of the investigation how?

What a stupid theory.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Your theory doesn't make any sense. First of all, Manafort's sentencing is entirely related to fraud committed relating to money he accepted while working as a non-registered foreign agent before he started working on the Trump campaign. Secondly, unless these other "crimes and lies" are related to that one charge, it won't and shouldn't be under consideration at the time of sentencing without scrapping the whole thing and sending him to trial for all of it. So, these other "crimes and lie" most likely don't have anything to do with Trump or the whole plea deal would have been scrapped and he'd be going to trial instead of to sentencing.

In all likelihood, these other "crimes and lies" are tied to Podesta's version and investigation by New York prosecutors of what happened back in the day when they were working together as un-registered agents, provided Podesta has proof.

edit on 27-11-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Of God this is funny, the bombshell accusation requires so many IFS to be true, meaning required some kind of actual corroboration not speculation, hearsay and opinions, it really just shows that the desperation is so absolute that one would run with anything someone #s out their ass as long as they can hold on to hope of their goal.

OP, that goal will never be realized. Your just going to be repeating the same line elfor the next six years. if this turns out to be true! ...

Do you and the handful of others ever actually become disappointed?? Or do you all pretend every dismissed speculative hearsays simply never happened and just continue to double down on the next round of nonsense??

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Do liberals really want Trump to fail for their Christmas present?

That is really depressing

Like prozac and life re-evaluation needed depressing.

Of course they do. Hillary was supposed to usher in the Utopia of neverending progressive one-party rule. This is war and they plan to win by any means necessary.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Wait, so .... Mueller was telling lies so he could catch Trump in a lie so he could charge him with lying to them........ --ethics fail...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Tanga36

That was one of my first thoughts, right alongside what sort of spell does Trump have over the guy, wreck yourself financially and professionally to feed me Intel, and maybe I'll pardon you...

I guess he is to hope the Don pays him really really well?

Given Manafort's history of working whatever angle best benefits him because he is a professional, not a partisan and this is known, I'd say there is no real loyalty there except to whoever can pay him.

He is not going to financially ruin himself for someone else, especially not a client ... unless that client can hold his life over his head like the Clintonistas supposedly can.

However, he may be in this fighting for what's left of his professional credibility as whatever he was. I mean, Manafort was a play like the Podestas.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wouldn’t a “mole” be someone actually on Mueller’s legal team. If trump wanted to know what Manaford knows, just share a lawyer.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Isn't it possible that Manifort told that info to someone else, who then told Trump.. or someone else who told him?
How many degrees of separation until it is not a crime?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
He can pardon him all day long it won’t matter, they have him admitting to state crimes too. reply to: Willtell

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Lol I love watching the usual suspects salivating at the mouth every time they think they've got something on Trump, followed by the inevitable disappointment. Never gets old.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No one knows enough about any of this to know if what wheeler is proposing could be true or not.

At this point it's just wishful thinking by both sides when they try to speculate on what muller has /is going to do.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

TShe’s also a witness in the Mueller investigation.

Then she should be keeping her mouth shut.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Right now, Mueller is having problems with Manafort and Corsi. They special prosecutors are mad they "aren't getting what they want" from Manafort which could be interpreted any number of ways, and Corsi is accusing them of trying to get him to sign a lie in the plea deal.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

how do they prove that Trump ASKED Manafort to do this?

Most likly by giving his case to a state court were he can't be pardoned and then make a deal for less jail time.

I don't even know if that can be done. But with the presidents ability to pardon, and the fact that the only way to prove trump told him to do this is if manafort says he did, then muller has no leverage.

manafort gets put in jail but keeps his mouth shut and gets a pardon. --------that's their only smart move IF any of this is true.

The other route for muller is this.

The President … shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment

If he can prove that manafort was leaking info to trump for any reason it might sway some repubs to vote for impeachment.
edit on 27-11-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
So I guess we're going from fake news to fake investigations.

I love this country...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
He can pardon him all day long it won’t matter, they have him admitting to state crimes too. reply to: Willtell

Um. Wrong. NY state has a law stating a pardon applies there as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I just changed Trump to Hillary in your title and all of a sudden you sound like a "Trumpeteer" in 2016.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
So I guess we're going from fake news to fake investigations.

I love this country...

That nomenclature is now deemed offensive, subsequently these terms will comprehensively be referred to as "Fake Matters"

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

Wait, so .... Mueller was telling lies so he could catch Trump in a lie so he could charge him with lying to them........ --ethics fail...

Actually it is not what went down. Manafort was feeding bad info to Mueller. Mueller doesn't let Manafort know that he knows he is lying. Trump answers questions using Manafort's lying as a base and as a result Trump has put all sorts of lies into writing. We shall see who is really the 64D chess master. My dollar is on Mueller.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join