It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may have just royally screwed himself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Really? Because it seems to me that the tale is advancing one step at a time just as it should.
Pray tell what hopes have been dashed?
From my prospective this is a rather linear case and events have occurred concurrent with indictments.
Every time one of trumps associates agrees to a deal we know. Every time they turn on trump we know.
Now we know that Manafort lied once again... what the frock?
I agree the part that trump may have repeated false information is speculative. Its not beyond the realm of possibility but I will wait on confirmation about that part.
All the news outlets are talking about Manafort lying again and breaking his plea agreement but I have not heard this take on it in regards to trumps himself lying. If its true oh boy...
but trump has a passel of troubles coming his way... from many sides...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: BoscoMoney
Light a match Francis

I think that would be extraordinarily dangerous.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I kinda have to agree with you on that one.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Of course, but you cannot deny these things add up. There are three sealed indictments filed in DC at the moment according to recent reporting on MSNBC. I did not confirm that.
The last time that happened was when Flynn and Manafort and Papodopolis were indicted. That goes to history if nothing else.
Its sure not a wild speculation.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Let's pretend this scenario is true. Let's say that Manafort was a mole for Trump. Let's say that after his deposition, he was provided with all kinds of false info and ran straight to Trump and blabbed every bit of it, verbatim. Let's say that Mueller and his crew put this plan into effect with hopes of entrapping the President. Let's say that the President then used the newly gained info to answer his questions.

Now....IF all of those things actually happened, how do they prove that Trump ASKED Manafort to do this? If Manafort were willing to throw himself under the bus and take a major hit to his personal, financial and professional life, as well as spend time in a Federal prison cell, all to help Trump "cheat" on his test...what is going to stop him from denying that Trump had asked for him to do it?

If Manafort was willing to destroy his own life to protect Trump and his presidency, why won't he just say that he did it on his own accord? Just because Trump had info that was planned disinfo by the investigators does not mean that he had asked for it. Any ambulance chasing lawyer could win that case on any given day and that even includes Giulliani.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

If this is true I would think Manafort had planned on being pardoned by Trump regardless of what happened. Maybe not having the option of being pardoned is enough for Manafort to flip on Trump?

Or, maybe there’s more people in on it than just Manafort and Trump. Maybe someone else flipped? There are other sealed indictments waiting too. All we can do is speculate at this point, but there are several different scenarios where the pieces fit.

ETA: Even If Trump wasn’t the one who came up with the idea of Manafort being a mole, if he acted on the information Manafort gave him he’s still liable.

edit on 27-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They already know those indictments are coming and also have their defenses in place.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Hey, I'm all for a great conspiracy so I'll pay a lil more attention to where all of this leads. If it turns out to be true, I will give props to Mueller and his crew for pulling it off. At this point, though, there just seems like too many loose ends that still need to be tied up. I guess we just need to wait and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

It’s definitely an interesting theory.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That was one of my first thoughts, right alongside what sort of spell does Trump have over the guy, wreck yourself financially and professionally to feed me Intel, and maybe I'll pardon you...

I guess he is to hope the Don pays him really really well?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The title of your thread screams click-bait.
I come to ATS for decent intellectual debate and substance (queue laughter).

But seriously though, next time make the title something relevant to the content.
It’ll make you look less like someone who hates Trump and look more like someone who cares about the honesty and integrity (or lack thereof) in our current world leaders.

Just my $0.02
It’s constructive criticism, not hate.
Sincerely
GG.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Coming from the Queen of Blowing Smoke,

That's High Praise Indeed!

I'm Convinced. Sign me Up

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

all adds up to -459.67°F

💨🇷🇺

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Trump is not going anywhere for the next 6 years (at least :lol
), he is just another crooked cog meshing in with all the others, love him or hate him you may as well get used to him and have a few laughs along the way
edit on 27-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

i havve to ask - what are they going to do with all the straw ???

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If this is what is happening, it’s over for Trump. There is no getting out of something like this.

Perhaps true.

However it is unlikely that it "is what is happening".

For the simple reason that Manafort wouldn't have any useful information to take from Mueller to Trump. He's not a staffer on the investigation team, he is a witness. A witness who seems to have perjured himself.

A more likely scenario is that Manafort was angling for a pardon from Trump. He miscalculated, in my opinion, because a granting him a pardon would absolutely seen as impeachable on both sides of the aisle. Its all lose-lose for both Manafort and Trump.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: scojak

it seems to me that the tale is advancing one step at a time just as it should.

You just forgot to add that you're telling this for 24 months non-stop.

And also you're disconnected from reality so I don't know what kind of tale you're talking about.

Is it something you heard from a bunny in the Wonderland?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A star isn't enough for you.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I won't hold my breath. Trump has gotten away with much more impeachable offenses than others before him. In the end, it will all come down to the party majority. The party in power usually decides on impeachment. The Senate is still controlled by Republicans, so I doubt they would have enough votes to impeach. Unfortunately, our representatives put political party before country. Our political party system needs to change.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry I just woke up and maybe a bit slow

Why is Marcy Wheeler's theory "Just about the only explanation" for "Paul Manafort breach[ing his] plea deal by repeatedly lying in Russia inquiry"?

It certainly is an imaginative theory; one surely to make a person who dislikes Trump smile with amusement ... but "the only" explanation? Not even close by a long shot.

Again its early and my brain no work to good; but right off the top of my head .... Manafort could have lied so as not to further implicate himself in as yet unknown crimes ... I dont know if that's true but its certainly a simple and very plausible explanation that doesn't require a lot of moving parts; it clearly disputes the "the only" explanation argument.

Remember when "investigative journalist" ment you would hit the bricks and find irrefutable proof of some form of shenanigans and print it so that even the most ardent supporters of the shenanigans had no place to hind? .... when did "investigative journalist" turn into meaning a person who sets up a blog and spouts off their partisan punditry? ... if Marcy Wheeler's "only explanation" theory makes her an investigative journalist Alex Jones should be granted a white house hard pass while their out reprinting Jim Acosta's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join