It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may have just royally screwed himself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is from investigative journalist Marcy Wheeler. And if this is true, it’s over for Donald Trump. Remember the new allegations of lying that Paul Manafort was hit with today?

Paul Manafort repeatedly lied to investigators even after agreeing to cooperate with the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, the special counsel Robert Mueller said late on Monday. Manafort, Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, breached a plea agreement he signed in September by “lying to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the special counsel’s office on a variety of subject matters”, Mueller said in a court filing.

Link

Here’s Marcy Wheelers take:

Just about the only explanation for Manafort’s actions are that — as I suggested — Trump was happy to have Manafort serve as a mole in Mueller’s investigation.

But Mueller’s team appears to have no doubt that Manafort was lying to them. That means they didn’t really need his testimony, at all. It also means they had no need to keep secrets — they could keep giving Manafort the impression that he was pulling a fast one over the prosecutors, all while reporting misleading information to Trump that he could use to fill out his open book test.

Which increases the likelihood that Trump just submitted sworn answers to those questions full of lies

Link

Oh. My. God.

So, it appears Trump was using Manafort as a mole in Muellers investigation. Mueller knew this, or at least suspected it, so he provided Paul Manafort with false information to see if it got back to Trump. It did. Which Trump then used to answer the questionnaire from the Mueller investigation.

If this is what has happened, Trump has just screwed himself in an almost unimaginable way. Do you understand how illegal it is to put a mole inside a federal investigation into yourself? Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Go straight to jail. That’s not even taking into consideration the crime of lying to the FBI on the questionnaire.

If this is what is happening, it’s over for Trump. There is no getting out of something like this.

Liberals, it’s looking like Christmas might come early this year.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You presume we live in a nation governed by laws as opposed to the unitary executive.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What is emptywheel.net? Never heard of it. Not sure I can take this seriously.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If it’s this blatant, I don’t see how anyone will be able to deny the crimes that were committed here. If Mueller has Trump dead to rights, I imagine all of his support from his own party will evaporate pretty quickly while they scramble to distance themselves from him.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It’s the website of investigative journalist Marcy Wheeler.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

ETA: She’s also a witness in the Mueller investigation.

Wheeler became a witness in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of President Donald Trump's possible connections to Russia after outing one of her sources to the FBI in 2017.[14][15]

edit on 27-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

"The mission of the FBI is to protect and defend the United States against terrorist and foreign intelligence threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the United States, and to provide leadership and criminal justice services to federal, state, municipal, and international agencies and partners; and to perform these responsibilities in a manner that is responsive to the needs of the public and is faithful to the Constitution of the United States."

We have lost our way. People sworn to do one thing are doing something else. Otherwise, he would already be jail.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It's the website/blog of the journalist stated. Marcy Wheeler.
edit on 27-11-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I wonder if Mueller that slick.

Trump will likely pardon Manafort right after the 2020 election whether Trump wins or not. If he loses he will definitely pardon him

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Holy crap. This is so twisted.

Before I get too hopeful: what evidence could Mueller show, though? Would he be allowed to show he inserted false information and then DJT somehow gabbed about that same info?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Lots of VERY big “IF’s” in there.

But I’ve been VERY good this year, so....

Santa if you’re listening!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I wonder if Mueller that slick.

Trump will likely pardon Manafort right after the 2020 election whether Trump wins or not. If he loses he will definitely pardon him

I wouldn’t put anything past the top cops at the FBI. I’m sure this type of tactic isn’t new to them.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yes, this would be insidious, if true.

If it's proven.

Given that we don't know what evidence there is nor has there been anything to display what Mueller has, I would tread carefully in your Christmas celebrations.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

Holy crap. This is so twisted.

Before I get too hopeful: what evidence could Mueller show, though? Would he be allowed to show he inserted false information and then DJT somehow gabbed about that same info?

If this is true, it means Trump probably used the false information that was provided to Manafort in answering the Mueller questionnaire. I don’t know how much more red handed a person can get caught.

For anyone interested in Marcy Wheeler, here’s how she came to be involved in the Mueller investigation:

Link

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Get your hopes up for the umpteenth time. Have your hopes dashed for the (tr)umpteenth time.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Wheeler became a witness in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of President Donald Trump's possible connections to Russia after outing one of her sources to the FBI in 2017.[14][15]

So does this mean she has outed herself as a leak now?

I mean....if this is true and it comes out....or if it isnt and nothing happens.....how does this person check out?

Oh....and this would be quite the amazing conspiracy theory.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You’re completely right. This is speculation at this point in time. We’ll see how things play out. This is just a unique take on it I hadn’t heard. And she seems to be pretty credible.

So we’ll see.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: underwerks

en.m.wikipedia.org...

So does this mean she has outed herself as a leak now?

I mean....if this is true and it comes out....or if it isnt and nothing happens.....how does this person check out?

Oh....and this would be quite the amazing conspiracy theory.

I’m not really sure what it means as far as herself being outed as a leaker. She has been in contact with the special counsels office before. This is from her other post:

This investigation is not, primarily, an investigation into Donald Trump. It’s an investigation into people who attacked the United States. It’s time Republicans started acting like that matters.

On Thursday night, I reached out to the Special Counsel’s Office to inquire whether I could post this without damaging the investigation. After sharing the specific language from the passages I felt might pose the biggest concern, last night at 10:15, I was informed they, “take no position” on my posting it.

Link

And this would be a crazy conspiracy if it turns out to be true.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Based on her twitter, she's a prolific anti-Trump person.

Find it hard to rationalize with that bad of bias.

Yes, we'll soon see.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Fake news HOAX bin it

Just about the only explanation for Manafort’s actions are that — as I suggested — Trump was happy to have Manafort serve as a mole in Mueller’s investigation. 

This is pure speculation. Total waste of time.
edit on 27-11-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Based on her twitter, she's a prolific anti-Trump person.

Find it hard to rationalize with that bad of bias.

Yes, we'll soon see.

I’m not saying it’s true, just that it’s an interesting take I haven’t heard yet. And she seems to be well tuned in to what is going on. Until Muellers report comes out, all we can do is speculate.

It’s definitely an interesting theory.
edit on 27-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join