It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Reasons Why Many Americans Do Not Approve of Donald Trump.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Imagine making fun of any other races skin color.

You would be banned

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Thanks for a thought provoking OP.

However. you've missed a major factor in the Trump supporters' relationship with the President: their huge emotional investment in him. He offers simplistic solutions for the problems of a confusing and scary world. They can project their hopes on him as a person.

When any of us have a huge emotional investment, eg a sports team or a relationship, we don't think as much as feel. We don't need evidence, we know in our hearts. We dismiss inconvenient truths because they make us feel uncomfortable and the object of our passion makes us feel better. We can flip flop several times a day and convince ourselves we are being objective afterwards, particularly if we have justification explicitly handed to us.

We all know people like this and always deny we are like that but, honestly, who among us has not been there?

Unfortunately, TPB know that too and play us like a travelling musician's flute. While we squabble, they take more and more power.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Could I add another thing that I think some Americans dislike about Trump?

Well I will, because it is topical.

I think that Americans dislike the way Trump says the most obviously false things and expects the American public are so stupid that they will believe it.

A case in point was when Trump said that the people congregating on the Mexican side of the wall were "a lot of grabbers", who grabbed children that were not from their families, as human shields.

How could Trump know this?

Can you determine a family relationship from a drone? Or perhaps from some elevated vantage point? From camera footage?

The only way you might possibly know is if you were very close to the families or the alleged grabbers. So you'd have to have information agents right there, present and on the spot.

This, of course, begs the question of how many information agents were among those who were supposedly 'invading'? Were any of the stone and bottle throwers actually US agents? How many?

Of course it isn't likely that there are large numbers of information agents. And is that really useful information for them to be gathering? I mean, is it the sort of stuff that will defend the border, or is it random realty TV gossipy guff?

So, either Trump has this amazing trivia network, or he simply made it up.

Which is more credible?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

A German friend of mine was in the East German Pioneers and pretty zealous with it.

She's the last person you'd call a leftist today, although she stiil has her scarf.

Oh, and the military parade thing. What did the DoD have to say about it?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Which is more credible?

Depends what you want out of it.

If you want objectivity and evaluate things as they are, you use Occam's Razor - Trump is lying

If you already feel you know how things are and want to feel better, you don't bother with Occam's Razor - Trump is telling the truth.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Or you do some more research and find out that in fact trump was right about the phenomenon if not the actual situation brought on by the recent craavan invasion attempt. There are video's of people telling them to put the children at the front. There are video's of people telling them not to listen to those so called leaders who would tell them to do that. Given the well documented human trafficking issues at the border it is not only likely that there were many of these grabbers, it's basically a foregone conclusion.

But hey you keep breaking things down in to trump lied, trump didn't lie. See how that works out for you.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: caterpillage

Imagine making fun of any other races skin color.

You would be banned

Didn't you know, orange is the new black.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Maybe because he has access to ICE records. He is the President, you know.

I managed to find some data from 2012 that was public, though...

In 2012 the (UNODC) United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime reports the percentage of child victims had risen in a 3 year span from 20 per cent to 27 per cent. Of every three child victims, two are girls and one is a boy.

That's 1 in 4, up from 1 in 5. Are you claiming the number has dropped to zero? Or are you pro-child trafficking?

Or maybe you are just anti everything Trump, even if it means children are harmed... seems probable based on your recent tirades in full and absolute support of illegal aliens.

Oh, and as for what President Trump said...

Trump continued: "In some cases, you know, they're not the parents. These are people, they call 'em 'grabbers' -- they grab the child, because they think they're gonna have a certain status by having a child. You know, you have certain advantages and things with our crazy laws that frankly Congress should be changing. You know, if you change the laws, you wouldn't have this problem."

So you are wrong yet again... President Trump did not say all immigrant children were here because of 'grabbers,' but rather that some of them are. Unless you can prove that none of those children in the invasions... er, 'caravans'... are there with someone other than their parents, it is YOU, SIR, who is lying.

Again!

At least you provide a sterling example of why all those cries of bad behavior go ignored...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Goodness this is glorious. Especially considering the other post I just responded to.

He offers simplistic solutions for the problems of a confusing and scary world.

Meanwhile here you are telling people to assume trump lied and you hide behind occam's razor. When in reality occam's razor would demand that you take his knowledge of the situation (which is certainly greater than the average person's as he's been getting ready to deal with this caravan for well over a month) and add in that the DHS secretary said he was correct then stack that against your perception of the event.

When any of us have a huge emotional investment, eg a sports team or a relationship, we don't think as much as feel.

Or TDS

We dismiss inconvenient truths because they make us feel uncomfortable and the object of our passion makes us feel better.

Yes, like dismissing the phenomenon of grabbers using kids as human shields. Once you realize that these people are using the palestinian playbook it all becomes clear what is really going on.

We can flip flop several times a day and convince ourselves we are being objective afterwards, particularly if we have justification explicitly handed to us.

Yep, you NPC's do this all of the time. Waiting for the next instruction set from the "orange man bad" anchor. Completely forgetting the previous instruction set that was in dire opposition. This is seen all over the left (and certainly a little on the right) as they are building a coalition of groups that cannot coexist. Muslims and the LGBT community, for example. Blue collar workers and illegal immigrants is another one. Hell, look at antifa, communists and anarchists LOL. The science denying trans movement and scientists. The hatred of big business but the love of apple google amazon and facebook. It's rampant. There is no ideology at all, it's just a bunch of crazy people banding together around their hatred of republicans and trump... or anything considered right, really.
edit on 28-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Part of their plea for asylum is that they are in mortal danger and wish to escape it.

You're not very familiar with our asylum laws are you? Only if they're in danger or persecution from their own GOVERNMENT are they allowed asylum. What they need to do is move to safer places within their own countries.

By the way, that woman with five children that we keep seeing pictures of has stated to NBC that she was coming here to join her children's father and to find a better life. She never said anything about coming here for asylum until she was coached. Once again, I'll remind you that finding jobs and a better life isn't an acceptable plea for asylum.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Just a few pages back one user here said that I was lying when I said that Trump lied about his inauguration day crowd sizes. Plus, anytime Trump doubles down on something that is an obvious lie, many people here will go to bat to defend him.

That's a weak topic, but the media perpetrated that response. Regardless of how much you dislike Trump, the media has reported on the most ignorant topics imaginable as they relate to Trump putting him on the constant defensive. They started a circus that ended in a war of unprofessionalism on all sides. It didn't help that the opposition was blocking entrances to the inauguration just to keep people from attending. The whole thing was childish and stupid from all sides.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

All we know for sure is that the FBI was investigating the effects, if any, of Russia's attempts to influence the 2016 election. At that time Trump was not even being investigated, but he fired James Comey. The next day he told the Russian ambassador "I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off."

It's amazing how the Washington Post spinned this. You forget that Comey never admitted publicly, until his hearing, that he told Trump that he wasn't under investigation. Trump came out on a 60 Minutes interview to talk about how Comey refused to tell the public that he wasn't under investigation. The only reason we knew Trump wasn't under investigation was from Trump himself. Comey never admitted it until after he was fired. That was the pressure that was taken off of Trump so that the public wouldn't scream and cry about him discussing foreign policy with Russia while they all thought he was under investigation.

edit on 28-11-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero sorry, but I’m not talking about history. I’m talking current actions we take. Honduras, dole and Chiquita, 2 American companies, couldn’t have Honduras president zelaya raise minimum wage. They instigated and supported the coup, with Obama and Clinton’s support, which installed the current dictator which has made conditions so bad down there now. We invaded the crap out of Libya because Qaddafi was pushing successfully to form an African Union free of the imf and world bank. That’s current. We are supporting the war in Yemen where millions are now at risk of starvation. To act like all the blowback from these things are from situations long ago is untrue. We are doing these things now. So yes, I still say we are responsible for these nations we are currently breaking. All the coups and assasination attempts in Venezuela? Sanctions, sabotage, and cyber attacks on Cuba and Iran. Etc.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Maybe one the main reasons is because he is a complete moron.

So Trump who is the president of the united states and should know about programs regarding refugees retweets a fake meme and receives 16,051 retweets 27,619 likes.

The original fake meme is regarding Canada and refugees and has been around for years.

Do ‘Illegal’ Refugees Receive $3,874 Per Month from the Government?

Each refugee in Canada receives $3,874 every month from the government under the Resettlement Assistance Program.

It’s hardly the first time that Canada’s refugee policy has been the subject of false claims. For example, a factual error in a 2004 letter to the editor of the Toronto Star spawned a chain email and online memes falsely claiming that refugees in Canada receive more benefits each month than do Canadian pensioners. The rumor persisted for years.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Part of their plea for asylum is that they are in mortal danger and wish to escape it.

You're not very familiar with our asylum laws are you? Only if they're in danger or persecution from their own GOVERNMENT are they allowed asylum. What they need to do is move to safer places within their own countries.

By the way, that woman with five children that we keep seeing pictures of has stated to NBC that she was coming here to join her children's father and to find a better life. She never said anything about coming here for asylum until she was coached. Once again, I'll remind you that finding jobs and a better life isn't an acceptable plea for asylum.

Amnesty International and the UNSC have published reports of the dangers and persecutions they face from their governments. I don't think that it is deniable that they were in danger from and persecuted by their governments.

They ALSO suffer economic persecution and high crime.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Lol I love you Blackjackal. Your doing the lord's work keeping the trumpettes occupied.
Lmfao, ye because the vast majority of lefties have lost faith and I can't blame them 😌 they've got nothing and after several years of nothing, realized they weren't getting anywhere and simply gave up 😏

So, sure, keep on praising your cheerleader, when you're ready to win, come on over to the side of light for a change!

Lol, you can burrow back under whatever rock you crawled out from 😜

Well, case in point lets use your response above as an example. Instead of doing anything worthwhile, you spend your time here arguing with BlackJackal instead of actively making the world a worse place. When viewed from that vantage its easy to see how BlackJackal is doing the world a moral service.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Maybe because he has access to ICE records. He is the President, you know.

I managed to find some data from 2012 that was public, though...

In 2012 the (UNODC) United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime reports the percentage of child victims had risen in a 3 year span from 20 per cent to 27 per cent. Of every three child victims, two are girls and one is a boy.

That's 1 in 4, up from 1 in 5. Are you claiming the number has dropped to zero? Or are you pro-child trafficking?

Or maybe you are just anti everything Trump, even if it means children are harmed... seems probable based on your recent tirades in full and absolute support of illegal aliens.

Oh, and as for what President Trump said...

Trump continued: "In some cases, you know, they're not the parents. These are people, they call 'em 'grabbers' -- they grab the child, because they think they're gonna have a certain status by having a child. You know, you have certain advantages and things with our crazy laws that frankly Congress should be changing. You know, if you change the laws, you wouldn't have this problem."

So you are wrong yet again... President Trump did not say all immigrant children were here because of 'grabbers,' but rather that some of them are. Unless you can prove that none of those children in the invasions... er, 'caravans'... are there with someone other than their parents, it is YOU, SIR, who is lying.

Again!

At least you provide a sterling example of why all those cries of bad behavior go ignored...

TheRedneck

So when Trump said yesterday there are a lot of grabbers in the crowd that approached the border two days ago, he knows this from a 2012 ICE report?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
a reply to: Xtrozero sorry, but I’m not talking about history. I’m talking current actions we take. Honduras, dole and Chiquita, 2 American companies, couldn’t have Honduras president zelaya raise minimum wage. They instigated and supported the coup, with Obama and Clinton’s support, which installed the current dictator which has made conditions so bad down there now. We invaded the crap out of Libya because Qaddafi was pushing successfully to form an African Union free of the imf and world bank. That’s current. We are supporting the war in Yemen where millions are now at risk of starvation. To act like all the blowback from these things are from situations long ago is untrue. We are doing these things now. So yes, I still say we are responsible for these nations we are currently breaking. All the coups and assasination attempts in Venezuela? Sanctions, sabotage, and cyber attacks on Cuba and Iran. Etc.

You paint a wide brush in each case and assume we are the sole influences here and that whatever bad is there it is all our creation. You also suggest these countries were just find and dandy prior and that isn't the case either. Finally I disagree that for some reason we need to open our doors to a flood of the world masses as pay back in some way.

So here we are...yes much of the world sucks, and we both can agree to that.

edit on 28-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero. I have to disagree. Iran was fine with mossadegh. Most westernized Muslim nation at the time. Excellent education, healthcare, standard of living. We overthrew him and installed the brutal shah (cause he catered to our corporations). He was so bad his nation had a rejection of all things western and kicked him out, and we’ve continued to sanction and attack them since, to this day. Libya, Qaddafi took them from the poorest nation in the world to the wealthiest nation in Africa, with a standard of living comparable to Brazil. Eradicated illiteracy, provided healthcare and education, had a high functioning economy. Built the largest new wonder of the world, massive irrigation project to reverse desertification in North Africa (which we destroyed). Now it’s a #hole as y’all like to say. These two nations were fine and dandy, and their downfall was all our fault. Then there’s Venezuela who, under chavez, eliminated illiteracy, provided healthcare and education to the masses, raised their standard of living. I’m sure you will deny, but we attacked their economy and political system the whole time he was in office, and I know y’all brush off sanctions, but they are ruinous to economies and an act of war, and we held those on them the whole time too.

So, my argument is many of these places situation now are a direct result of our actions, were not # holes prior. I’m not sure why you think it’s ok to do these things then wash our hands of the results, but I disagree. Further, you go into the hood, jack up someone’s cheap house, tell them it was already a #hole and see how far that gets you. Even the courts would disagree.

Lastly, and again, I’m not saying we take care of all the worlds poor masses. Just the ones we had a likely, historically recorded hand in creating.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero let me just ask this. If it’s factual that a nation wasn’t a #hole, we got involved due to corporate or regional interest, maybe overthrew their democratically elected government, or installed a dictator, maybe massacred a few thousand people, maybe we didn’t. And the country becomes a #hole demonstrably due to our actions. Then, if all these are verifiably true, do we owe that nation or people anything at all? Or is it just theirs to deal with? Are our hands clean no matter what we do to destroy another people’s lives, nation, future? Do we bear no culpability for anything? Ever? And if so, does that mean that any nation that would do so to us here has no culpability here? Is responsibility only decided upon by the nation with the most powerful stick, and that nation writes the laws of what they are responsible for or not?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join