It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Reasons Why Many Americans Do Not Approve of Donald Trump.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I have to pay extra for premium cable.

I want amnesty to St. Barts with a nice villa and FREE cable!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: pexx421
a reply to: Xtrozero
I don’t think that’s the situation now. In some nations (like Yemen now as well) just being alive comes with great risk of death. And we have some hand in those circumstances too. So, for instance, what is the current mortality rate in Honduras? How many people are at risk of starving to death? What’s their murder rate? What does the murder rate have to be in a nation for us to treat citizens as if they are all under mortal threat? Apparently in Brazil now 30% of people have experienced being caught in crossfire. Is that enough? Is honduras worse? In Yemen now, it’s expected that 85000 children have recently died of starvation due to the war. Is that enough? Or should we wait until the projected 4 million children die first?

Should we go around the world and collect everyone that live a horrible life? 2 million kids live homeless on the streets of Rio as example, so what are you suggesting? Does one only need a land bridge, so the 10s of millions in Darfur are out of luck, but 100 million from South America can just walk here because their lives suck?

Charity Begins at " Home " , wherever that Is ........

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero I’m speaking directly to your argument that crime or being poor don’t necessarily constitute mortal threat. In some places, it can and does. Should we be responsible for those at risk due to extreme crime or poverty, seems to be what you are asking me. So my answer, I suppose, would be this. What is responsibility? Is it a situation where if you created or helped create the problem, then you should share in the burden of caring for those affected? Of making whole those who suffered loss because of your actions?
I was always taught, if you break it you bought it. Well, if that’s the case, then yes. Exactly like you said. If we overthrew or helped overthrow their government, then their people deserve some equal amount of aid or reparations from us. If we bombed their country to crap, or provide weapons and intel for others to do so? Again, we then owe a debt to those people in equal amount to what our involvement has cost them. If corporations, or govt officials of ours have helped to destroy their economy and society through ngos, election meddling, economic sabotage etc and we the people don’t hold those corporations or govt officials accountable then yes, I think we are responsible to some degree.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero I’m speaking directly to your argument that crime or being poor don’t necessarily constitute mortal threat. In some places, it can and does. Should we be responsible for those at risk due to extreme crime or poverty, seems to be what you are asking me. So my answer, I suppose, would be this. What is responsibility? Is it a situation where if you created or helped create the problem, then you should share in the burden of caring for those affected? Of making whole those who suffered loss because of your actions?
I was always taught, if you break it you bought it. Well, if that’s the case, then yes. Exactly like you said. If we overthrew or helped overthrow their government, then their people deserve some equal amount of aid or reparations from us. If we bombed their country to crap, or provide weapons and intel for others to do so? Again, we then owe a debt to those people in equal amount to what our involvement has cost them. If corporations, or govt officials of ours have helped to destroy their economy and society through ngos, election meddling, economic sabotage etc and we the people don’t hold those corporations or govt officials accountable then yes, I think we are responsible to some degree.

Ah , Exactly Who Are " WE " ?........

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: BlackJackal

But now after I come back after a many years long hiatus I find the site overrun by individuals who actively reject reality and interject their own version of it. My hope is that I am able to help at least one person to see the damage believing every single lie the Trump administration puts out.

You want meaningful discussion, let's start here. Give us an instance of Trump supporters actively rejecting reality and/or believing every single lie. I'm betting that most Trump supporters don't believe EVERY single word that comes out of his mouth, but you obviously have something particular in mind.

Just a few pages back one user here said that I was lying when I said that Trump lied about his inauguration day crowd sizes. Plus, anytime Trump doubles down on something that is an obvious lie, many people here will go to bat to defend him.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So y’all are quick to make up thoughts for me where I think we should let every miserable person move here and live for free forever. Nice of y’all. I’ll paint a pic of how y’all appear now. It’s ok for us to go around the globe and destroy people’s lives, environments, ecology, and we should never have to answer for it. And to that end you are strong in your endeavors to show how it’s not our fault, and that perhaps they asked for it. How’s that?
Now to clarify. I don’t think any miserable person should be able to come here and live free. I do think that people who push legislation to exploit the people in other nations should be put into slave labor so they can learn to appreciate the effects of their actions. Those who steal from others should have their things taken from them. And those who support war on other nations should have war brought to their own shores, their own neighborhoods, their own homes.
And if our country has helped destroy these people’s hope of a happy life in their lands, then they have the god given right to seek such a life here. It’s the least form of justice, and here I thought libertarians and republicans were big on responsibility and justice.
edit on 27-11-2018 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Strong personalities rub some people the wrong way, but Donald Trump is exactly what our country needs right now. Too many other countries have been taking advantage of America.

A strong personality is one thing but, autocratic tendencies are another topic entirely. It's ok, if you like his policies but every American should be up in arms that he has literally installed a loyalist to oversee the Mueller probe. I know that many people on this site say it is a witch hunt, but there is absolutely no way for us in the public to know that. All we know for sure is that the FBI was investigating the effects, if any, of Russia's attempts to influence the 2016 election. At that time Trump was not even being investigated, but he fired James Comey. The next day he told the Russian ambassador "I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off."

The Mueller investigation was announced a few days later.

Sure, it's possible that Trump is innocent and was just handled this situation incredibly horribly. However, it is also possible that there was something between Trump and Russia and he fired Comey in an attempt to stop the investigation.

So, for him to either fire Mueller or to have his new AG do anything to stop the investigation would be absolutely insane. If he is innocent then Mueller won't be able to prove crap, so why in the world would Trump stop the investigation?

By threatening the investigation and threatening Mueller he is threatening to go against the rule of law. If he fires Mueller or hampers the investigation he is breaking the rule of law and the Constitution.

What is scary is that many here and elsewhere in this country are completely OK with Trump firing Mueller. Yet at the same time saying they stand for the Constitution. Those two can't coexist. This is why is so hard for people opposed to Trump to find common ground with Trump supporters because it seems you will give the guy a free pass no matter what he does.

Trump told the Russians that firing Comey took the pressure off. This is what he should have said instead.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

a reply to: Xtrozero
I don’t think that’s the situation now. In some nations (like Yemen now as well) just being alive comes with great risk of death. And we have some hand in those circumstances too. So, for instance, what is the current mortality rate in Honduras? How many people are at risk of starving to death? What’s their murder rate? What does the murder rate have to be in a nation for us to treat citizens as if they are all under mortal threat? Apparently in Brazil now 30% of people have experienced being caught in crossfire. Is that enough? Is honduras worse? In Yemen now, it’s expected that 85000 children have recently died of starvation due to the war. Is that enough? Or should we wait until the projected 4 million children die first?

Should we go around the world and collect everyone that live a horrible life? 2 million kids live homeless on the streets of Rio as example, so what are you suggesting? Does one only need a land bridge, so the 10s of millions in Darfur are out of luck, but 100 million from South America can just walk here because their lives suck?

sad isnt it, with all the starving homeless people here in the US, men, women, children of all races, all religions and these people dont care about them.

Every time the money is diverted to handle those form outside, those inside in need typically suffer since they are not good TV.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: jrod

I would tend to agree to a point. But, he has kept most of his campaign promises. When was the last time a politician did that?

Hint: it would have to be before my lifetime.

TheRedneck

Trump may end up keeping most of his campaign promises but as of right now he has only kept 14% of his campaign promises. Obama kept 48% of his campaign promises but admittedly he had 8 years to get to that number.

Tracking Obama's promises
Tracking Trump's Campaign Promises

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

ROFLMAO... seriously, your "Trump derange syndrome" tells more about yourself than about your claim that POTUS Trump is authoritarian...

1. Military Parades.

Many western nations to this day have military parades... Are you telling us they must all be autocrats/authoritarians?...

France...

They even had tanks, and aircraft fighters in that military parade on July 14th 2014... oO

So if you are right, and France has since then had other military parades, then France is an authoritarian nation... Except that France is a left-wing nation...

Bastille Day Military Parade on July 14th 2017...

THE HORROR... FLEE, FLEE FROM FRANCE GOOD PEOPLE!!...

Germany

(I could not find a better link, the others were with German titles, although in the above video mostly what you see is a couple who moved to Germany, they filmed part of the German military parade.)

Oh no... The Germans are back!!! But this time, they are communists with communist autocrat Merkel leading them. She has even been seen and pictured in her East German/communist uniform... Oo

Here is Merkel when she was 17 wearing a communist uniform, and receiving orders from an East German Officer.

(the above picture is actually real)

Here is Merkel when she was photographed wearing her East German uniform not too long ago...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The above picture MUST be real... It's right there...

2. Being too masculine...

What in the world?... So either leaders must be women, or they must be gay in order not to be authoritarian/autocrat?...

Seriously?... You are out of your mind...

BTW, many leaders these days are pictured frequently on newspapers, or on the news...

If the left-wing media didn't share your "Trump derange syndrome" you would be seen POTUS Trump less on newspapers or on the news...

3. POTUS Trump has demonized immigrants.

You are still making this fake claim?... There are two classes of immigrants... Illegal immigrants, and legal immigrants. To claim all immigrants are the same is just to be naive and ignorant.

4. POTUS Trump is picking fights with Libtards like DeNiro.

(Puts best Deniro demeanor and tries to imitate his voice ) Are you talking to me?... eh...are YOU talking to me?...

You are talking about Libtards who have threatened to beat, and murder the President, and have also threatened his family with violence, with rape, including threatening conservatives/Trump family children and those officials who keep trying to MAGA. I wouldn't stay quiet either if Libtards, or anyone else for that matter threatened my family.

I find it very telling that YOU, who claim to be conservative but keep showing to be a Lib...eh... Let me try to spell it... L.I.B.TTTTTTT...TT...TTTTT... aaaargh... I can't... Anyway, it is more than obvious you are left-wing.

So, to sum up...You are once again making FALSE claims and proclaim this is evidence POTUS Trump is authoritarian/autocrat?

You need help...seriously... You need to lie to try to push YOUR, and the left's, agenda...

edit on 27-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment and add link.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

BTW, BJ... The left CONSTANTLY and really demonize the right... Calling us nazis, calling us racists, including minorities who back/support and voted for TRUMP for POTUS...

The left has even had "left-wing scholars" proclaim that the POTUS is mentally unstable for his political beliefs. Which by association also implies those who share his "conservative beliefs" must also be "mentally unstable."

The left-wing media, the left's leaders, and many of the regular people who lean to the left have also partaken in demonizing their "political opponents" with no end...

They, including Shillary, have called not to be civil with people/Americans who lean to the right. Which implies these left-wing leaders are calling for violence against Americans/legal residents who lean to the right... The left's leaders and left-wing media have been calling for violence against "political opponents."

Despite all of this, and you claiming to be conservative, you in fact side with those who are really demonizing people for their political beliefs which lean to the right...

You should look in a mirror when you talk about "authoritarians/autocrats..."

edit on 27-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Trump may end up keeping most of his campaign promises but as of right now he has only kept 14% of his campaign promises. Obama kept 48% of his campaign promises but admittedly he had 8 years to get to that number.

A few points about your sources...
  • Not all campaign promises are created equal. As an example, Trump's promise to expand the economy, which he has done, is shown as "under construction," despite being a major campaign promise. His promise to bring in jobs, which he has kept as evidenced by the low unemployment rates, is not even mentioned. On the other hand, a very minor mention of preventing the AT&T/Warner merger, in which he did fail, is mentioned not once but three times!

• Campaign promises are not always specific and must be taken in a larger context. As an example, the deportation of the Syrian refugees... that was a reference to the open immigration policy which was dangerous to the country. Trump did stop that, mainly by working with other countries in the area to establish protected areas for the Syrian refugees closer to their home. I consider that a promise kept, because while every syllable might not have been accurate, the intent behind the promise was honored. On the other hand, Obama's "kept" promise of a national healthcare plan may have been technically kept, but that plan was so devastating to the healthcare industry and the care of ordinary people like me as to be considered a promise broken.

• Your site is not inclusive. There was one promise that kept going through my mind as I forced myself to cast that vote for Obama the first time: he promised that all legislation would be published online for public consideration and comments well in advance of being voted on. He broke that one, the one I was really hoping for, plumb in two! The ACA wasn't even allowed enough time for Congress to read it thoroughly, much less anyone in the public. Also missing is Trump's promise to appoint Constitutionalist judges, a promise he has kept and is continuing to keep. That one I consider important.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I agree with the sentiment in the OP. That said, cite your sources.

*You lifted the entire argument from Last Week Tonight, and in doing so missed many of the points that were made on the show.*

I dislike Trump. I dislike Hilary. I don't think any of the children we call politicians are really fit to represent us.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: angrypsycho1977

" I dislike Trump. I dislike Hilary. I don't think any of the children we call politicians are really fit to represent us."

OK One Eye , so Who do you see as being " Fit " in an Imperfect World ? People Wanna Know ..........

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

LOL

You guys literally defended obama's extrajudicial droning's. You literally can't make up this kind of stupid.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

To start I want to say that I agree we are not there yet. Our institutions are holding. Personally, I don't think Trump is intentionally moving America closer to autocracy, I think it's just who he is as a person. He has lived his whole life as the center of attention, lying to the media, and making deals with less than honorable individuals. It is all he knows and he brought that with him to the White House.

Ah so now we're getting to the core of it, the issue is not so much what he does but the type of person he is. I actually agree he isn't the most likable person, as I discussed in my thread titled Why I don't Like Trump But Support Him. However he is clearly good at his job and knows how to get things done, and that is the bottom line. Also this description of him as nothing but evil business man is obviously skewed and not the truth. Trump provided free shelter to Jennifer Hudson after her mother, brother, and nephew were murdered, his family operates multiple successful charities, he once helped a guy who was getting mugged on the street, he once paid off the mortgage of a couple after they stopped to help when his limo broke down, among many other things which the public never hears about. Instead they get a surface level generalization of who he is which is purely designed to push a political agenda. This article lists a few of the other good deeds Trump has done in his time: FACT CHECK: So You Think You Know the Real Donald Trump?

This video also does a decent job of showing who Trump is beyond the shallow generalizations:

He likes other autocrats such as Putin and Kim because they remind him of himself.

Hmmm so at first Trump criticizes Kim and the left screams about WW3, then when he's able to miraculously come to an understanding and do something no other US president has done before he's suddenly a big fan of Kim. As for Putin, yeah Trump does seem to have some level of respect for Putin and I cannot blame him, I cannot help but admire some of the things Russia and Putin have done, such as provide asylum for Snowden when he exposed the level of surveillance allowed under Obama or how Russia helped Syria fight against an insurgence of terrorists which were being supported by the Obama admin. Unfortunately I don't always view the US as the good guy in the story, but I'm sure Trump realizes just as well as I do that there are many problems in Russia and it's not much of a stretch to say Putin is a bit of a dictator and far too fundamentalist on concepts like sexuality.
edit on 28/11/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Tracking Obama's promises
Tracking Trump's Campaign Promises

Well if you add together the "in progress" with kept promises it's already higher than Obama. Also, why do they list "Stop the AT&T Time Warner Merger" as a failed promise 3 times, it seems to be skewing the results. Furthermore, most presidents don't create a Contract with the American Voter which detailed what Trump was promising to do, and that politfact article doesn't even mention it. If we look at the list of things he promised it's quite clear he plans to fulfill as many as possible and has already delivered on a substantial fraction of them, such as "for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated", and "a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service", and "a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign governmen", and "renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal, and "withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership", and "Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act", as well as many other things.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.politifact.com...
www.cnbc.com...
edit on 28/11/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Charity Begins at " Home " , wherever that Is ........

Ok, I agree, BUT it seems to me we have millions in our own country in need, how abut them first? I have lived all over the world been to many not so nice places, we are at 7 billion+. We are over populated and at some point even how great we might be we can't even take care of our own...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I’m speaking directly to your argument that crime or being poor don’t necessarily constitute mortal threat. In some places, it can and does.

Actually I agree but we are talking in the billions... I don't know what you want... It's like OR making plastic bags illegal while China dumps 5 million tons of the stuff in our oceans. We can run ourselves into total ruin and barely touch the billions in need.

Maybe, maybe not... Your assumption is we created it and I need to say in 2018 what percentage is our fault. The world has over come WWII, but you suggest that maybe things we did in the past on small scales still haunts us even though whatever conditions it was has changed 10 times over.

You have the typical view that people can not fix their own problems and the the vast majority of the world are sheep and since we sent some of those sheep to poor pastures 50 plus years ago they can not get out of those poor pastures without Government help. Add in that many countries we have had little influences in are as sucky or worst than the countries you might suggest we did influence, so what does that mean...lol

edit on 28-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Every time the money is diverted to handle those form outside, those inside in need typically suffer since they are not good TV.

There are limits...take CA they want illegals and so the schools fill up with 40 or 50 to 1 student to teacher ratio, do they build more schools hire 1000s of more teachers, no. They suffer, then we suffer...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join