It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Reasons Why Many Americans Do Not Approve of Donald Trump.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: chr0naut

I remember President Kennedy saying: "tear down this wall" about the Berlin Wall. Obviously an incitement to commit an 'illegal' act.

I remember before the Berlin Wall coming down, the crowds that overwhelmed the guards and pushed their way across the official entry points.

I remember the people who, without official sanction, illegally smashed holes in the wall with crow-bars, chisels and hammers and allowed "unauthorized" border crossings.

All those 'illegals'!
Absolutely, it's illegal! If the country chose not to prosecute because they were considering taking the wall down anyway, that's their choice, but that doesn't change what's right or wrong! You should know that better than anyone!

In that instance, neither side's authorities were going to take down the border, until they were forced to it, by actions of the people.

Here's a concept:

When they set up a border and chopped the countryside in two, what made that legal, and therefore made crossing it, illegal? On what authority did they build the barriers?

Is it a good thing if such a border splits a family, or a town, or a people, or a culture?

Could it be that such a border is actually fairly arbitrary - set up by some territorial regime to control the free access, association and trade of the people and assuming an authority that it doesn't actually have?

Just things to think about.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Kennedy never said that.

🚨✨

Sorry, I am wrong again, it was Ronald Reagan when he was president in a speech at the Brandenburg gate, 12 June 1987.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
So, stopping illegal immigration is the same as re-unifying a (literally) worn-torn country? Epic fail

No more war torn than the rest of the World. The war was the Second World War.

edit on 27/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

In that instance, neither side's authorities were going to take down the border, until they were forced to it, by actions of the people.

Actions could have been taken by the people without destroying property. As a Christian, I'm surprised that you would condone such a thing or any kind of illegal actions.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Except what does that have to do with open borders in the U.S.? Nothing. We were never MexAmerica and don't want to be.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: chr0naut

I remember President Kennedy saying: "tear down this wall" about the Berlin Wall. Obviously an incitement to commit an 'illegal' act.

I think you are off by about 25 years, but that wall was to keep people in, not out, as in anyone trying to escape were killed. Ya I understand both have the word wall in them but geez...

There were countries on both sides. Which was 'in' and which was 'out'?

Also, there were two walls with "no man's land" between them. So both sides had a hand shared responsibility. It wasn't just one "bad" side.

And there was limited access both ways, mainly at "Checkpoint Charlie" which was a designated port of entry.

As I understood it, when the wall came down, people from both sides 'celebrated in the streets'.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Except what does that have to do with open borders in the U.S.? Nothing. We were never MexAmerica and don't want to be.

Mexican–American War From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Note also who paid compensation for damages, to whom, at the end of the war).

On a map, they call the whole continent "The Americas". Why is the border located where it is?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Actions could have been taken by the people without destroying property. As a Christian, I'm surprised that you would condone such a thing or any kind of illegal actions.

I neither did it, nor condoned it. It just is. A fact of history.

As a Christian, I have to value human quality of life above property designed to limit it.

Ask your self, which is more valuable, a life or a wall? Would you destroy a life to save a wall?

edit on 27/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut yeah, only Reagan would say “we are all hotdogs!” As a motivational speech.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Seriously, what is your point? The United States had a war with Mexico and established a border between the two countries. We were never one country. It's called "The Americas" because it was named after explorer Amerigo Vespucci. All of which has absolutely zero to do with illegal immigration.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

As a Christian, I have to value human quality of life above property designed to limit it.

Ask your self, which is more valuable, a life or a gun? Would you destroy a life to save a wall?

While a life is more valuable, walls or guns aren't the problem, and the United States isn't the only country or place for people to seek refuge who truly need it. We aren't dealing with people who are living on death's door either as far as the caravan goes.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dear diary,

I waited to be one of the first to respond to a anti-trump thread. Instead of respondinging intelligently, I made fun of the OP. Look how many people gave me stars! O boy, I love not listening to the other side. MAGA!

Better hit refresh on the new thread page to defend lord trump!

Sincerely
DBCowboy

edit on 27-11-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Seriously, what is your point? The United States had a war with Mexico and established a border between the two countries. We were never one country. It's called "The Americas" because it was named after explorer Amerigo Vespucci. All of which has absolutely zero to do with illegal immigration.

My point is that I am having a dialogue. Expressing a particular viewpoint that enables debate.

The thread title was to do with what people dislike about Trump. We have wandered from that, but only slightly.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Ask your self, which is more valuable, a life or a gun? Would you destroy a life to save a wall?

While a life is more valuable, walls or guns aren't the problem, and the United States isn't the only country or place for people to seek refuge who truly need it. We aren't dealing with people who are living on death's door either as far as the caravan goes.

Part of their plea for asylum is that they are in mortal danger and wish to escape it.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

As I understood it, when the wall came down, people from both sides 'celebrated in the streets'.

People were not trying to break into the East and we are talking the split of a country and not a county's border to another country, so unless we are thinking of extending the US south into Mexico it doesn't relate.

I was there for the fall of the wall, got pieces of it and the celebrating was uniting a country once again, not so much the wall...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Part of their plea for asylum is that they are in mortal danger and wish to escape it.

Typically the mortal danger is due to a Government that has them identified politically and not so much as being poor or crime is bad.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
I don’t think that’s the situation now. In some nations (like Yemen now as well) just being alive comes with great risk of death. And we have some hand in those circumstances too. So, for instance, what is the current mortality rate in Honduras? How many people are at risk of starving to death? What’s their murder rate? What does the murder rate have to be in a nation for us to treat citizens as if they are all under mortal threat? Apparently in Brazil now 30% of people have experienced being caught in crossfire. Is that enough? Is honduras worse? In Yemen now, it’s expected that 85000 children have recently died of starvation due to the war. Is that enough? Or should we wait until the projected 4 million children die first?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

To a Completely SANE PERSON , there are NONE . The rest who take Offensive are just Plain Biased or Mentally Challenged . Which One do you Relate to Black Hat ..? ...Hmm...
edit on 27-11-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
I don’t think that’s the situation now. In some nations (like Yemen now as well) just being alive comes with great risk of death. And we have some hand in those circumstances too. So, for instance, what is the current mortality rate in Honduras? How many people are at risk of starving to death? What’s their murder rate? What does the murder rate have to be in a nation for us to treat citizens as if they are all under mortal threat? Apparently in Brazil now 30% of people have experienced being caught in crossfire. Is that enough? Is honduras worse? In Yemen now, it’s expected that 85000 children have recently died of starvation due to the war. Is that enough? Or should we wait until the projected 4 million children die first?

Should we go around the world and collect everyone that live a horrible life? 2 million kids live homeless on the streets of Rio as example, so what are you suggesting? Does one only need a land bridge, so the 10s of millions in Darfur are out of luck, but 100 million from South America can just walk here because their lives suck?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: pexx421

Should we go around the world and collect everyone that live a horrible life? 2 million kids live homeless on the streets of Rio as example, so what are you suggesting? Does one only need a land bridge, so the 10s of millions in Darfur are out of luck, but 100 million from South America can just walk here because their lives suck?

Every left wing nut job on the planet wants exactly what you just suggested.

Every single person on earth who is unhappy with where they were born (because they live in a sh#thole) should be shipped to the western world and given free money and housing for life.

For life.

Is there a lefty on this site that does NOT think this should happen?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join