It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Reasons Why Many Americans Do Not Approve of Donald Trump.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: BlackJackal
Thank you for outlining it so well. I don't know that a Trump supporter has ever asked me why I disapprove of him, but I'd say something similar.

My big question is why he has their loyalty. No one owes loyalty to the people in power. We're not serfs. At least, not on paper.

That's OK. No one bothered to ask or try to understand why I disapproved of Obama, either. I was just automatically racist for disagreeing. Oh, wait, I'm still racist for disagreeing.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Thank you for outlining it so well. I don't know that a Trump supporter has ever asked me why I disapprove of him, but I'd say something similar.

My big question is why he has their loyalty. No one owes loyalty to the people in power. We're not serfs. At least, not on paper.

That's OK. No one bothered to ask or try to understand why I disapproved of Obama, either. I was just automatically racist for disagreeing. Oh, wait, I'm still racist for disagreeing.

Funny , I disliked Obama and was never called racist.

Actually, I have never been called racist, but I generally don't behave in a racist manner so that's probably why.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm still pretty sure that breaking down a border fence in ANY country would be considered ILLEGAL. Had they stopped and waited to be interviewed by someone in authority, it might have been a different story. These people didn't cross the border in an area that was unattended. Get a clue.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Actually, I have never been called racist, but I generally don't behave in a racist manner so that's probably why.

Anytime you disagreed with one of his policies here or somewhere else online, the standard response was generally something along the lines of, "You just don't like it because he's black."

That more or less implies that the person disagreeing with him is only doing so because of racial reasons. Sort of like you just did. Funny how that works isn't it? Love how you accuse someone with a mixed marriage and mixed child of being racist. Thanks for playing.

edit on 27-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

But now after I come back after a many years long hiatus I find the site overrun by individuals who actively reject reality and interject their own version of it. My hope is that I am able to help at least one person to see the damage believing every single lie the Trump administration puts out.

You want meaningful discussion, let's start here. Give us an instance of Trump supporters actively rejecting reality and/or believing every single lie. I'm betting that most Trump supporters don't believe EVERY single word that comes out of his mouth, but you obviously have something particular in mind.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Strong personalities rub some people the wrong way, but Donald Trump is exactly what our country needs right now. Too many other countries have been taking advantage of America.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Dear Diary,

Today I wrote another thread about Trump and no one is LISTENING! For some reason, the retards who voted for him still LIKE HIM! OMG!!!
They are like, so gross and they are stupid! Why don't they get it???

I bought new shoes today, they look fab and Amber was soooo jelly.

But back on Trump. He's icky and says stuff that hurts me!

I even cried once when he spoke. It's like OMG, he doesn't even sound like a real politician. He sounds so dorky.

He like uses words and stuff and it makes me angry because the retards don't hate him like I do.

Amber is so going to try to steal my shoes.

Nice, but I'd like to point out that there needs to be a few grammatical errors in there if you're going to write the words of a teen drama queen's anti-Trump rant. You used commas and apostrophes correctly. Nobody will ever believe that that belongs in a Millennial's diary.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Anytime you disagreed with one of his policies here or somewhere else online, the standard response was generally something along the lines of, "You just don't like it because he's black."

That more or less implies that the person disagreeing with him is only doing so because of racial reasons. Sort of like you just did. Funny how that works isn't it? Love how you accuse someone with a mixed marriage and mixed child of being racist. Thanks for playing.

Oh wow, did you just pull the racist card?

LOLOLOL

I'm sure the irony escapes you.

Let me repeat it again:

I didn't like Obama. Never once have I been called racist (anywhere, online OR in person) for disliking him.

It's really simple actually, if that makes you feel a certain type of way, don't care - your problem.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The point is not that he is a fledgling autocrat, it's that his actions lead down that road. For now, our institutions are holding and so is our democracy. In my opinion, I don't think Trump is actually willfully moving America toward autocracy, I think it's just who he is as a person. I don't think he knows what he is doing.

I think you're a poor judge of character. Trump may have a big ego, but he wouldn't give out work permits to illegal immigrants without the consent of Congress or audit every political opponent or deny them tax exemption status like Obama's administration did.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

You want meaningful discussion, let's start here. Give us an instance of Trump supporters actively rejecting reality and/or believing every single lie. I'm betting that most Trump supporters don't believe EVERY single word that comes out of his mouth, but you obviously have something particular in mind.

I think 99.999% of the population sees Trump as a showman in front of the cameras. He tends to come off the top rope and then backs off as he builds leverage to get a favorable result. He then has serious political pronouncements that people do not follow, so he gets a billion dollar of free airspace by starting off on the top rope. I also think much of the trigger stuff is just his rhetoric as he trolls those who constantly attack him.

He is a New Yorker and in simple terms it is like two New Yorkers talking to each other and one says FU and the other says no FU followed by the first saying no no FU and so on in a typical New Yorker fashion.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I'm still pretty sure that breaking down a border fence in ANY country would be considered ILLEGAL. Had they stopped and waited to be interviewed by someone in authority, it might have been a different story. These people didn't cross the border in an area that was unattended. Get a clue.

I remember President Kennedy saying: "tear down this wall" about the Berlin Wall. Obviously an incitement to commit an 'illegal' act.

I remember before the Berlin Wall coming down, the crowds that overwhelmed the guards and pushed their way across the official entry points.

I remember the people who, without official sanction, illegally smashed holes in the wall with crow-bars, chisels and hammers and allowed "unauthorized" border crossings.

All those 'illegals'!

And then the authorities on both sides finally re-unified Germany.

edit on 27/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I remember President Kennedy saying: "tear down this wall" about the Berlin Wall. Obviously an incitement to commit an 'illegal' act.

I remember before the Berlin Wall coming down, the crowds that overwhelmed the guards and pushed their way across the official entry points.

I remember the people who, without official sanction, illegally smashed holes in the wall with crow-bars, chisels and hammers and allowed "unauthorized" border crossings.

All those 'illegals'!

Absolutely, it's illegal! If the country chose not to prosecute because they were considering taking the wall down anyway, that's their choice, but that doesn't change what's right or wrong! You should know that better than anyone!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Oh wow, did you just pull the racist card?

LOLOLOL

I'm sure the irony escapes you.

Let me repeat it again:

I didn't like Obama. Never once have I been called racist (anywhere, online OR in person) for disliking him.

It's really simple actually, if that makes you feel a certain type of way, don't care - your problem.

Yeah, I did because you said:

I see what you did there and so do you. It's typical.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Kennedy never said that.

🚨✨

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So, stopping illegal immigration is the same as re-unifying a (literally) worn-torn country? Epic fail

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Kennedy said Eich bin ein Berliner and Reagan referenced that when he said tear down the wall.

Both speeches noted how the wall kept people in instead of out.
edit on 27-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
2 things to add. 1) most important thing trump wanted was peace with Russia. He folded like a limp noodle on that when both the war parties expressed to him in no uncertain terms that this is not an option. Weak sauce. 2) the us treaties and agreements are not only legally binding, but walking away from them is unconstitutional. It’s against the constitution to break treaties and international agreements which once made are considered the law of the land. Further, the us exploits all other countries, and if those treaties are unfair it is not in favor of the nations we have those treaties with. It’s in favor of the us corporations that pushed to have those treaties placed. Most of those trade agreements were written and pushed to legislation by our corporations and exploit both the nations we form them with AND us taxpayers and workers.

But then y’all cheer when we break legal treaties, go against the constitution, and then force other nations into trade agreements that are unfair to their people as well, rather than going after the real cause of all of our problems and their problems, exploitative us corporations.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I think you are off by about 25 years, but that wall was to keep people in, not out, as in anyone trying to escape were killed. Ya I understand both have the word wall in them but geez...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Maybe that's because you've only made 467 posts since when? I've seen it over and over again all over the internet. Heck, there was even an interview with Oprah and a separate interview with Obama that are both available online of them stating that they believed that some people didn't like his policies because he was black.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join