It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Reasons Why Many Americans Do Not Approve of Donald Trump.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
He refuses to admit when he is wrong and will double down on even obvious lies like his crowd size.../quote]

You lost right there among other places. I laughed when the MSM played the audio clip of what trump said then tried to spin it into what fools believe is truth.

Trump audio clip: "It looks like there's a million to a million and a half people here. I dont know how many there are but that's what it looks like"

MSM: He said there were a million and a half people there!!!

Maybe if people didn't regurgitate out of context falsities, people could focus on real reasons to dislike the man instead of the color of his skin or whatever else bullies like to use as ammo.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: BlackJackal

Serious question.

Are you paid by the thread?

Day after day with the same crap.

Setting up an argument with outlandish ideas and then trying to bring President Trump into it.

Well, your time I suppose and you can waste it as you are want to.

All you do is shift people toward him. Specious arguments at best, dishonest crapola at worst.

P

No I am not being paid to post anything on this site. I am posting because I love my country and have a soft place in my heart for this site. This site played a large role in shaping me into the person I am today.

This site was full of meaningful and honest discussion when I first joined. The people who were originally here were making the very first steps out of a world without the internet. When we all gathered here we had a vast majority of topics to cover in a way that had never been attempted before. We all grew up in a world where we heard urban legends, ghost stories and conspiracy theories before the time you could look them up on the internet. So, you obviously didn't know if it was true or not. This site allowed us to find the truth. We worked together and found the truth. Even on politics, while we didn't see eye to eye we could at least agree on facts.

But now after I come back after a many years long hiatus I find the site overrun by individuals who actively reject reality and interject their own version of it. My hope is that I am able to help at least one person to see the damage believing every single lie the Trump administration puts out.

The way I see it is that there are only a few vocal hardcore Trump supporters on this site that are willing to go along with everything the Trump admin supports. The other people are just going along because they do enjoy what Trump says he stands for and don't look for contrary information on their own. I am bringing that information to break up this echo chamber. Any place where only one side of an issue is discussed is where knowledge and wisdom die.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Lol I love you Blackjackal. Your doing the lord's work keeping the trumpettes occupied.
edit on 48pm18fpmTue, 27 Nov 2018 14:06:08 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 27 Nov 2018 14:06:08 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
How do you explain the huge back lash that started about 30 seconds after he hit 270 votes. Beating the first ever possible female President that had a 99% chance to win since day one I think has a lot to do with it.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: chr0naut

No, they didn't. The law is more complicated than that.

There's nothing complicated here. The first part talks about those who have entered the country with "permission" and "legally". The second part addresses their different kinds of visas, which are documentation for legality. What part in your link do you not understand?!

IMMIGRATION LAW IN MEXICO - MEXLAW

They have 24 hours in which to alert the Mexican government that they are on Mexican soil.

The Mexican authorities were made aware that they were on Mexican soil (it was all over the News, for one thing).

Persuant to that, the onus falls upon the Mexican authorities to issue Visa's, or detain and deport, or grant asylum.

After deliberation, the Mexican authorities granted temporary work visas to those who would register and accept.

Since the authorities did not detain and deport, did grant visa's, and had full cognizance of the presence of the people in the caravan on their soil. I think you'd have great difficulty arguing illegality from the Mexican standpoint.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta

He refuses to admit when he is wrong and will double down on even obvious lies like his crowd size...

You lost right there among other places. I laughed when the MSM played the audio clip of what trump said then tried to spin it into what fools believe is truth.

Trump audio clip: "It looks like there's a million to a million and a half people here. I dont know how many there are but that's what it looks like"

MSM: He said there were a million and a half people there!!!

Maybe if people didn't regurgitate out of context falsities, people could focus on real reasons to dislike the man instead of the color of his skin or whatever else bullies like to use as ammo.

I'm afraid you don't know the whole story.

Yes, that was the initial statement but Trump doubled and tripled down on the claim. Later he blamed the media of lying about his crowd size saying "we caught [the media] in a beauty, and I think they’re going to pay a big price." [1] Then the White House press secretary Sean Spicer read a prepared statement later that day criticizing the media for dishonesty:

Secondly, photographs of the inaugural proceedings were intentionally framed in a way, in one particular tweet, to minimize the enormous support that had gathered on the National Mall. … We know that from the platform where the president was sworn in, to 4th Street, it holds about 250,000 people. From 4th Street to the media tent is about another 220,000. And from the media tent to the Washington Monument, another 250,000 people. All of this space was full when the president took the oath of office. We know that 420,000 people used the D.C. Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 that used it for President Obama’s last inaugural. This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — period — both in person and around the globe.

Photos of the crowd, including one taken at 12:01 p.m. from the top of the Washington Monument, clearly show that the crowd witnessing Trump’s inauguration didn’t extend all the way to the monument. Metro’s figures for both 11 a.m., a half-hour before the inauguration ceremony began, and for the full day show fewer trips taken this year than for past inaugurations.

This is also where the term 'alternative facts' was first used by the Trump administration.

In addition to the crowd size Trump even lied about the weather on his inagguration.[3]

I'm sorry, I do not regurgitate falsehoods. I despise them. One of the things that drives me to make these posts is the fact that the right-wing media feeds it's viewers alternative versions of reality. So what happens is they create a group of people who feel like the rest of the media is lying. It's not necessarily your fault you aren't informed. It's only your fault that after you have been shown the truth that you choose to stay in the dark.

If you truly were not aware of this information, does it upset you that wherever you get your news didn't tell you the whole story?

[1] President Trump Remarks at the Central Intelligence Agency
[2] Sean Spicer held a press conference. He didn’t take questions. Or tell the whole truth.
[3] Let Trump's Con Commence

edit on 27-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
How do you explain the huge back lash that started about 30 seconds after he hit 270 votes. Beating the first ever possible female President that had a 99% chance to win since day one I think has a lot to do with it.

I think I made it clear it my initial post that the whole "Not my President" crap was harmful and stupid. He won the election fairly. In all honesty, just like the extreme right is a vocal minority so is the extreme left. There literally are morons on both sides and we shouldn't let them take the forefront just because they are louder.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Thank you for your response.

The point is not that he is a fledgling autocrat, it's that his actions lead down that road. For now, our institutions are holding and so is our democracy. In my opinion, I don't think Trump is actually willfully moving America toward autocracy, I think it's just who he is as a person. I don't think he knows what he is doing.

If he fires Mueller and is able to successfully end the investigation into himself then we are dealing with a different situation entirely. At that point he has broken the rule of law. Even if he is innocent, justice must run it's course.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

If he resigned when he offered his resignation then sure, he resigned, but that didn't happen did it?

Yes, he offered his resignation after Trump blasted him in the media. At that time Sessions knew that the Congress would not confirm a replacement. It was a gambit. He made it clear in his resignation letter that it wasn't his idea to resign.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I think I made it clear it my initial post that the whole "Not my President" crap was harmful and stupid. He won the election fairly. In all honesty, just like the extreme right is a vocal minority so is the extreme left. There literally are morons on both sides and we shouldn't let them take the forefront just because they are louder.

Your title "Some of the Reasons Why Many Americans Do Not Approve of Donald Trump" The problem I have is with the word "many" the "many" do not give a crap about all that you wrote, they don't even suggest a clue to any understanding to what you wrote as to why they hate Trump and the word "autocrat" is not even in their vocabulary.

So this goes back to my post...the MAIN reason as to why they hate Trump...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

he still resigned and was not fired,
you of all people, preach here about honesty and truth,yet demonstrate none yourself, then wonder why no one takes you seriously
sessions on NUMEROUS occasions, as pointed out by links here, threatened to resign
then did resign
yet you still insist he did not

is the sun purple in your world?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Thank you for your response.

Correct me if I am wrong here but to sum up your response I read you saying to me "You are making comparisons to places that are really bad and we are no where near that bad, so your argument doesn't hold up". If I got that wrong please let me know.

To start I want to say that I agree we are not there yet. Our institutions are holding. Personally, I don't think Trump is intentionally moving America closer to autocracy, I think it's just who he is as a person. He has lived his whole life as the center of attention, lying to the media, and making deals with less than honorable individuals. It is all he knows and he brought that with him to the White House. He likes other autocrats such as Putin and Kim because they remind him of himself. So in summary, he is making these attacks on our democracy without even knowing what he is doing.

However, if he does succeed in getting the Mueller investigation cancelled then our democracy is truly on the downward slope. No one is above the law even the President. If he is innocent then Mueller will not be able to find any evidence against him, so the investigation should be allowed to proceed to its conclusion. The only other President who attempted to stop a special council investigation was Nixon and he turned out to be guilty as the day is long.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

he still resigned and was not fired,
you of all people, preach here about honesty and truth,yet demonstrate none yourself, then wonder why no one takes you seriously
sessions on NUMEROUS occasions, as pointed out by links here, threatened to resign
then did resign
yet you still insist he did not

is the sun purple in your world?

Fine, let's compromise and say he resigned under pressure from the President. Does that work for you?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It’s true, I feel like when I was on here years ago we learned a lot from the debates. People posted research and facts, and when there was name calling it was more good natured. Now it seems that history and research shows up much less often, and namecalling is a much larger part of the argument, with little respect involved. It’s way less productive, and more like a shouting match rather than a somewhat unified search for the truth.

And since when did all the people here start getting news from cnn, Fox, etc, and not from independent media with actual journalists who ask actual pertinent questions and provide actual facts? It’s really sad. Yes, this used to be a very kooky place with off the wall theories, but it also dropped huge bombs like kim jong ils death before the msm. Now, it falls far behind independent media, and no real breaking news, just breaking op Ed’s and misinformation.

Lastly, there are plenty people I voted for that were lessor of 2 evils. I suggested folks vote for trump because I think (still) he was the better candidate than Hillary. But at no time did I deluded myself that he was anything more than an egotistical, bumbling idiot. I had hoped for more from him, but certainly did not expect more, and in this vein he’s borne out about what my expectations were. Similar to my stance on Obama, though from him I was quite a bit more disappointed, the drastic amount that he did the exact opposite of everything he promised, but again, better than Clinton (and McCain). But at least with trump I feel it’s idiocy, as opposed to the rank malevolence of Clinton/bush/McCain/ Obama.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The point is not that he is a fledgling autocrat, it's that his actions lead down that road. .

It is safe to say he has had a huge backlash since day one. A good percentage of the population in America just going bat # nuts over his win along with 90% of the media firing anti-Trump propaganda from day one, followed by all of Hollywood can't believe their star power didn't get Hillary elected, so they are bat # crazy too. Finally, the establish right in Washington has not really sided with him since day one and none really even slightly endorsed him until he was the winner and they were forced to....

With all this why would he not look like a fledgling autocrat? I wonder if he entered office like Obama did with everyone singing Kum ba yah his first four years if he would be much different.

edit on 27-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

sure
because he resigned
he was not fired
sessions threatened and trump would not accept it previously
trump asked and sessions provided it

but in no way was sessions fired
he willingly left

that is actually important

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Whats funny about it all, is that some people still think folks that voted for him thought he was the cats meow and the second coming of jesus and all that.

In fact I have not met a single person that voted for him (face to face) that had much of an opinion beyond welp hes not hillary so thats about 99 pts in his favor out of a possible 100.

I am certain there are, I just have never met them and after about the 500th he did XYZ and needs to be charged even when there is no criminal statute for the accusation that I started defending him daily.

We are at a point now where so much BS mud has been slung that the average voter just doesnt care anymore, the media and the democrats are very complicit in this problem.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

In fact I have not met a single person that voted for him (face to face) that had much of an opinion beyond welp hes not hillary so thats about 99 pts in his favor out of a possible 100.

this right here

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Lol I love you Blackjackal. Your doing the lord's work keeping the trumpettes occupied.
Lmfao, ye because the vast majority of lefties have lost faith and I can't blame them 😌 they've got nothing and after several years of nothing, realized they weren't getting anywhere and simply gave up 😏

So, sure, keep on praising your cheerleader, when you're ready to win, come on over to the side of light for a change!

Lol, you can burrow back under whatever rock you crawled out from 😜

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

The one thing going for Trump with all his faults is that he is really trying to work through his campaign promise list. I don't think he got the memo that once elected you just throw that list out the window. I also think he sees that the international agreements we have are really bad in America's favor... They always been bad for us and he wants them to be fair, I can't say that is a bad view to have.

edit on 27-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join