It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Reasons Why Many Americans Do Not Approve of Donald Trump.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I find it funny how 100 percent of threads critical of Trump are filled with posts discussing things other than the OP.

People care so little, they need to let others know how little they care, on this discussion board.

Bizarre.

Any how, my life hasnt changed one bit since Trump took office - but it's funny watching members of a conspiracy site hang on the nuts of the president.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This thread should be titled how to wind up right wingers in three simple steps...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Prez Butter Balls.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I can't speak for others, but I can say that I support him until he fails. That is on his own merits and not those that will never be satisfied with any of his actions say.

All the superficial crap that gets slung around hasn't deterred me at all. In fact, the only thing that bugs me is what the OP outlined. Denial of due process.

but I can say that I support him until he fails.

Same idea Nazis had about Hitler….

Isn’t it…?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Qboneq

Well, it only took three pages to get to the absurd notion of nazis

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Hows that high moral ground treating ya?

^_^

Bet its awesome up thar.
edit on 27-11-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I thought people voted Trump because Hilary is like herpes

Insert www.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Over the past decade the world as a whole is moving away from democratic rule and toward autocratic rule. According to a recently released report ⅓ of the world's population currently lives under a backsliding democracy.[1] Many of these backsliding democracies actually elect the leaders that begin to dismantle the democracies they pledged to uphold. 

Which is always the trouble with democracies... And why our founding fathers gave us a Constitutional Republic... And Trump sure isn't the first or only U.S. Prez to undermine those principles. It's been the norm my entire life.

Based on this and other of your frequent screeds against Trump, you seem to think that Trump and Trump alone is the problem... That if we just elect the right guy/gal that we can have an awesome democracy... there is no such thing.

For all the bitching about Trump, no one is trying to take that power from our "leaders" and give the power back to the people. The so-called loyal opposition just wants that power for themselves. And they can't be trusted any more than Trump.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Many American’s who support Donald Trump have a hard time understanding why so many people are up in arms about Donald Trump’s Presidency. The way they see it is, sure Trump is unconventional, sure he says things he probably shouldn't, but he is getting things done. Additionally, Trump supporters feel like Trump, and themselves by proxy, have been attacked since before Trump even took office and there is some truth to the theory. After Trump was elected there was a vocal minority of “Not my President” people who stated they would never accept Trump as their president. Also, there was a push by some to get members of the electoral college to not elect Trump to the office. Plus there have been other extreme left-wing pushes that have made it to the news further damaging the relationship between the right and the left. The fact of the matter is that Donald Trump won the election to be president fairly and every American should have gotten behind that regardless of how they felt about Trump. All of this taken together makes it increasingly difficult to see the world from another’s point of view.

I've read most of your threads, and to be honest, have considered most of them too laughable to participate in. The paragraph above, however, holds truth. So I'll bite.

My goal for this topic is to attempt to explain why many American’s have issues with Donald Trump in a way that Trump supporters may be able to understand if not sympathize with.

Fair enough. I'll attempt to do likewise: explain why the issues have no effect on most Trump supporters.

I am going to show you three broad qualities these leaders use to get into the good graces of voters and then build power.

First is projecting strength above all else.

All leaders project strength above all else. That is an attribute of leadership, and as such, is not an indication of authoritarian vs. democratic rule. It's a bit like saying "Oak trees have green leaves; elm trees have green leaves; therefore all oak trees are elm trees."

The second quality is the demonization of their enemies.

Perhaps, but that will then boil down to the question of, who in this debate is not exhibiting those qualities?

The final quality of autocrats is to weaken institutions that could possibly have any check on their power.

Hold that thought for now.

Trump has all of these qualities. He wanted a military parade. While on the campaign he was an unapologetic strongman saying things such as “We’re going to bomb the # out of them”, “I want to punch him in the face”, “Torture works, trust me, it works”, etc. He refuses to admit when he is wrong and will double down on even obvious lies like his crowd size or that 3 million immigrants voted illegally. He has demonized immigrants, muslims and other persecuted groups but also picked fights with Canada, Robert De Niro, the NFL, Puerto Rico, and others. Trump has openly expressed admiration for many autocrats such as Putin, Kim Jong Un, Duterte and others. While at the same time he has launched continual attacks on institutions such as the media and the judiciary. He tells his followers to not believe anyone but him. Whenever a judge rules against him he goes straight to the media or twitter and demonize said judge. He attempted to use the DOJ to go after his political enemies.

Quite a few subjects to address, but I'll try to hit them all.
  • There is nothing wrong with wanting a military parade. Such parades were quite common at one time in this country. I for one, along with most Trump supporters, honor the sacrifices made by those who fought and died for their country (and I will add that the sacrifices of soldiers is not dependent on the veracity of the conflict, or even the existence of a conflict, but on their willingness to fight for what they believe is right).

• One aspect of our political system is that everyone says things on the campaign trail. The American people have learned through example over many years that campaign talk is pure BS, designed for nothing more than to garner votes from dumb voters. That applies not only to Donald Trump, but to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz, Bernie Sanders, Marco Rubio, everyone named Bush, Ronald Reagan, Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, George Washington... I think you get the idea. The height of arrogance is to then try to single out one politician and actually apply restrictions and prosecutable offenses to them, while still ignoring the words of all others.

• I have seen Trump apologize twice, once for the gaff he made during the meeting with Putin, and the second concerning his actions on Veterans Day. I have seen him "walk back" several things he has said, typically in an attempt to further explain himself; the fiasco surrounding the David Duke endorsement comes to mind (he stated three times, twice in person, that he did not support Duke, nor did he want his endorsement, and all three times were largely ignored by the media in favor of racial bashing over the story).

• Donald Trump has never, to my knowledge, demonized immigrants nor Muslims. He has made true statements about members of both groups. Yet his statements are taken out of context or severely edited to remove explanatory phrases. As an example, take his statement: "[Mexico] are not sending their best; they're sending rapists, murderers, and, I assume, some are good people." That last category is commonly omitted, and the context that he was addressing illegal immigrant crime is ignored. That, sir, is not demonization of all immigrants, and every such statement by his detractors is an immediate indication that such detractors are intentionally uninformed and are acting purely out of bias based in identity politics.

• There can not be a fight with one person; both must involved. His arguments with foreign leaders have mostly centered around treaties which many Americans already felt were harmful to the US, and his conflicts with celebrities have been in response to said celebrities throwing out the first volley. That is strength, and as stated above, is not an indication that Trump is an autocrat any more than having green leaves makes an oak tree into an elm tree.

• The media has demonized itself; Donald Trump merely pointed it out. This is also not something new; we on ATS have for decades been suspicious of media stories. After all, how many retractions have we seen the media outlets forced to issue? How many lies have we caught them in? And it's not a single media outlet either; I keep catching Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity making gaffs of their own, although they seem to be a bit easier to deal with that the likes of Anderson Cooper and Don Lemmon. The real issue here is that the "other side" wants to ignore the problems on one side of the political aisle and demand action against the problems on the other side.

~continued~

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
continuing reply to: BlackJackal

• Likewise, the Judiciary has tarnished its own reputation. Many Americans do not believe the Judiciary is there to press a political agenda; it is there, rather, to ensure adherence to the Constitution and Federal law. Yet we have one decision that forbids the use of an Executive Order to strike down a precious Executive Order, effectively stating that the President can be rendered impotent. There is no way such an order can be just; the judge effectively declared an Executive Order to be codified law without Congressional input. That's one example, although perhaps the most glaringly improper one.

• Trump has made statements that could be interpreted as weaponizing the DoJ; however, his statements pale in comparison to previous deeds by previous administrations. In particular, we have a mass of evidence indicating the Obama administration used unverified, questionable (at the least!) Russian propaganda, obtained through a British agent, paid for by the opposing candidate, to begin a FISA search and permit spying on a member of Trump's campaign. That would not excuse Trump were he to actually take similar actions, but it becomes disingenuous to ignore the actions of one group while focusing on mere words spoken by another.

In the same vein of thought, let's look at what President Trump has actually accomplished:
  • Increased economic growth, in excess of what his predecessor stated was possible.

• Improved relations with North Korea. Not perfect, but the most improvement since the cease fire. This includes the remains of our soldiers being returned.

• The removal of the US from the Paris Accord, which was nothing more than a financial giveaway with no realistic objective toward any type of "climate change."

• A renegotiation of NAFTA that will (hopefully) institute a more level playing field for all involved.

• Increased contributions from NATO allies.

• A stronger position on border control.

• Reduced taxation across the board (and please don't spoil your argument by claiming the tax cuts were "only for the rich." We all know better.)

• The removal of the individual mandate in the ACA.
That's just the biggies. Now, what have the Democratic leaders in Congress done in response?
  • Tried to give credit for the economic boom to the man who claimed said boom was impossible.

• Tried to claim that a meeting with Kim Jong Un was somehow a terrible affront to peace.

• Tried to claim that a non-existent Global Warming crisis is all the fault of President Trump (including blaming him for wildfires in California from mismanaged forests and hurricanes).

• Tried to claim that President Trump wanted to destabilize NATO.

• Demanded open borders, until confronted with the words "open borders," at which time they typically try to redefine their position to still advocate for open borders.

• Called any tax breaks "crumbs" and tried to press the agenda that businesses which employ people are bad somehow and must be driven out.

• Complained that a single item removal which was a major platform plank that Trump ran under was all that was needed to destroy their otherwise stable and working health insurance scam.

• Continued to demonize President Trump at every opportunity, including using the same labels that have come to identify their particular brand of politics: racist, sexist, et al.
None of that is helpful to improving the country. Indeed, all of it is harmful to the country.

One last question for the Trump supporters. Would you defend Trump if he started a program similar to Duterte’s in which drug dealers and drug users could be killed extra judicially?

Of course not... as you predicted I would say.

But here's the rub, and the flaw in your argument: when one is attacked, one's expected reaction is to defend. When the media and activist judges, celebrities and pundits, attack President Trump without just cause, the reaction is to defend. That goes not only for President Trump himself, but for those who support him. When one takes a defensive position against attack, one is highly unlikely to listen to any attempt at "reason" coming from those who attacked.

In short, one cannot effectively talk peace while firing into foxholes.

You can retort that this is the fault of both parties, but you would be incorrect. The fault lies with the attacker. Your own scenario mirrors what I have been warning of since before the election: the constant assault of identity politics, aka "orange man bad," prevents reasonable debate and opens the door wider to any corruption that President Trump may later engage in. The boy who cried "wolf" too many times was ignored when an actual wolf came calling; those who cry "foul" without just cause at every syllable uttered will also be ignored when an actual foul occurs.

Look in the mirror to see the problem, and be the change you want to see.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
“He demonises immigrants”

That’s a lie. And that’s where I stopped reading your dribble.

Question: does your iq tell you that “ILLEGAL” immigrant means “ALL” immigrants or is that what cnn tells you?

How can someone who has not yet immigrated, be an illegal immigrant?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

He may be getting some things done economically, but in the end, you have to weigh the positive vs the negative. If the U.S. loses it's democracy, moral values, character, allies, our standing in the world, increased racial and political divides, and promotes the idea political leaders are above the law, then any positive things Trump has done isn't worth it.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The hypocrisy in this thread is consuming all my data plan.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

What a bunch of BS propaganda...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Riddle me this, if I support the man, possible Demi-God even, 1000%, how many #s do I give

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, you do kinda sum up the mentality of the average MAGAt quite accurately. a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I agree. The evidence suggest something very bad is happening in this country:

"The Office of the Inspector General has received over 33,000 horrifying complaints by immigrants made against ICE, revealing the underpinnings and wanton lawlessness of a fascist police state. "

You seem to have forgotten the word “illegal” in your post when referring to immigrants making complaints against ICE. Unless, of course, your goal was to intentionally mislead people reading it?

Hmmm...33,000 “horrifying” complaints? Like no free tequila at the border? No free food? No free housing? ...x the 1,000s of times Pelosi and her ilk push the lawyers to file complaints. Keep believing what MSM feeds you. Don’t you even wonder why the ACLU isn’t engaged in those 33,000 “horrifying” complaints? Not like we wouldn’t hear it/read it 24/7 from MSM if they were.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thanks for being a voice of reason...sincerely.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
I find it funny how 100 percent of threads critical of Trump are filled with posts discussing things other than the OP.

People care so little, they need to let others know how little they care, on this discussion board.

Bizarre.

Any how, my life hasnt changed one bit since Trump took office - but it's funny watching members of a conspiracy site hang on the nuts of the president.

What’s even funnier is how the establishment can induce TDS* in so many members of a
conspiracy site.

*Trump Derangement Syndrome*
*Syndrome - a characteristic combination of opinions, emotions, or behavior.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join