It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Reasons Why Many Americans Do Not Approve of Donald Trump.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: chr0naut

In civilized countries, arrest can only occur when there is actual evidence of a crime. You cannot arrest someone for prior offenses. Also, the judiciary only convicts on actual commission of a crime, not priors.

Are you aware that arrests are made outside of a courtroom? If so, what does this have to do with my statement?

At the road crossing, there is no fence at all, just a number of closely spaced inspection booths between the laneways.

The official pedestrian crossing has a gateway that leads through an inspection station building.

You really think my statement about a wall included one blocking the highway?

All the rest of the border near San Ysidro is a double wall, one on the Mexican side, one on the US side, that stretches to the sea, to the west, and into the Otay Preserve to the East.

Check it out on Google Earth or Google maps.

I did, just to verify. I do that sometimes to not sound uninformed. You should try it.

There is one wall to the west and two walls to the east of the port of entry. All of them are on US soil or exactly on the border. There is no wall on Mexican soil. So, as I said, making an opening on the Mexican side makes an opening on the US side.

TheRedneck

Zoom out a bit. There are two walls, the separation is greater closer to, and within, San Ysidro. Two walls.

Anyway, this thread is about why some Americans don't like Trump.

Here's some fuel for that fire: What does Michael Cohen’s plea deal mean for Trump? I asked 13 legal experts. - Vox.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

their huge emotional investment in him

Oh yah, not like those who chanted, "Obama Obama Obama"

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Zoom out a bit. There are two walls, the separation is greater closer to, and within, San Ysidro. Two walls.

Yes, and neither are on Mexican soil.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So, to sum up. Many Americans view Trump as a wannabe fledgling autocrat

You are overthinking this.

There are many reasons folks hate Trump.

1. The press has demonized him, and people are used to trusting the press.
2. He has said some genuinely disturbing things, and there are numerous soundbites of this.
3. He's a blunt talker, so it's very simple to twist everything he says into those fun soundbites.
4. Sometimes, you don't even have to twist it. He's just that blunt and unrefined.
5. He's a bully, and isn't above doing this to get his way.
6. He's not politically correct, and these days, this is equated with being a decent person (whether right or wrong, it's a common perception).
7. He is doing what he says, putting America first, when many feel we should be more a part of the global community.
8. Any successes he has, reinforces how they voted for the wrong candidate. People don't like to be reminded about being wrong, even subconsciously.
9. All their friends hate him, so of course, they must too, right? They'll be ostracized if they have an original thought.
10. Despite all evidence to the contrary, they still believe there are "good guys" and "bad guys" in politics, and that one side is "the bad guys".

Thing is, to those of us who VOTED for him (not necessarily SUPPORT him)....we voted for him BECAUSE of some of these things. We don't CARE what he said, or whose feelings were hurt. We want someone who will DO things, and his actual PLATFORM was good. Hillary's platform was a joke. Reading it was just painful. I mean, she talked about trying to rid the world of disease, for example! She was MARRIED to a POTUS...she SHOULD know what the hell one's JOB is....you'd think.

You don't even need the scandals, Benghazi, the emails, the primary rigging, etc. None of it. Her platform sucked. His didn't. This is the part that the anti-Trumpers simply cannot grasp. So much so, that they voted for gridlock in the midterms. It's like they WANT a Recession, just to be "right" (and jobless). It's a mental illness, this fascination with him that they have. This blind hatred....all because he says things that hurt their feelings.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join