It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Reasons Why Many Americans Do Not Approve of Donald Trump.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Better things to do with my life than dissect this word salad. You too should find better things than expending so much energy fighting something that has no negative impact on your kushy little life.

This isn't reddit, Facebook, or Twitter. We don't put up with people regurgitating propaganda. Your outrage is manufactured and your arguments are based upon lies.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Honestly I haven't been able to stand him as a person since at least The Apprentice.

From a policy standpoint there's a lot of things I don't like. For example appointing completely unqualified people to his Cabinet simply because they have money (ie DeVos.) Another big one is his economic policy. It follows in the footsteps of Reagan and Bush II. Two administrations that pretty much screwed over the middle class.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

Then, if all these are verifiably true, do we owe that nation or people anything at all? Or is it just theirs to deal with? Are our hands clean no matter what we do to destroy another people’s lives, nation, future? Do we bear no culpability for anything? Ever? And if so, does that mean that any nation that would do so to us here has no culpability here? Is responsibility only decided upon by the nation with the most powerful stick, and that nation writes the laws of what they are responsible for or not?

What has 3 trillion gotten us with Iraq/Afghanistan, so it is hard to tell which way everything would/will play out. We do things we see in our best interest, every country does the same. Over all I would say no to owing anything and it is theirs to deal with while still owning culpability. Seems a weird view, but that is the way of the world. The whole Iran/Shaw deal was Cold War stuff of us against the USSR, so today we deal with what that created.

I could easily name off a few dozen countries that we could say own culpability, but the winner takes all, writes the history books, dictates how things will go down etc etc...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero ah, then there we disagree. I don’t believe that it’s ok for a nation, whether I live there or not, has carte Blanche to go around murdering or stealing what it wants with no sense of responsibility or expectation of critique. The world is largely as we make it, and the dominant leaders in our world have made it this way with the tacit support of oblivious citizens. As they say, for evil to win requires only that good men do nothing, or something to that effect. And I’m sure there are trillions of worlds out there with billions of civilizations, and to assume they all follow our chosen pattern of exploitation and veneration of greed and selfishness is to make excuses for our own very obvious shortcomings. Truly, this pattern has not even been universal among all of our own worlds civilizations in history.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Man, I didn't know Trump could develop this much real estate inside someones head.

And its rent free too!

This must be the double down thread after Mueller struck out with Manafort.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
damn you right wingers are just as bad

You used to be pretty middle of the road, I wonder what happened to you.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I agree. The evidence suggest something very bad is happening in this country:

"The Office of the Inspector General has received over 33,000 horrifying complaints by immigrants made against ICE, revealing the underpinnings and wanton lawlessness of a fascist police state. "

Hey, at least there is an inspector general this time.

Also, of course there are going to be complaints against ICE.
La Migra es el boogeyman.
edit on 28-11-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You're racist if you disagree with the President.

All your tax money goes towards his government.

He can close the border if he wants, its codified law.

Transgenderism is New Wave Patriarchy.

On to a new thread!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So when Trump said yesterday there are a lot of grabbers in the crowd that approached the border two days ago, he knows this from a 2012 ICE report?

How is it possible you can actually quote my post, refer to something buried in the middle of it, and still completely miss what was said in the first two lines? Really? Exactly what does it take to appear so dense? Do you practice? Train? Is it a talent? What?

Your answer to your idiotic question is literally the first thing I addressed in the post. Go back and read it... I started to say the word "again," but it's obvious you haven't read it once yet.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

So when Trump said yesterday there are a lot of grabbers in the crowd that approached the border two days ago, he knows this from a 2012 ICE report?

How is it possible you can actually quote my post, refer to something buried in the middle of it, and still completely miss what was said in the first two lines? Really? Exactly what does it take to appear so dense? Do you practice? Train? Is it a talent? What?

Your answer to your idiotic question is literally the first thing I addressed in the post. Go back and read it... I started to say the word "again," but it's obvious you haven't read it once yet.

TheRedneck

LMFAO, If we could tax stupid our national debt would be dissolved in a day.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Truly, this pattern has not even been universal among all of our own worlds civilizations in history.

Really? Is their a border that has not been created by war and conquest?

This is interesting watch.. History of the world in 3 mins

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

TheRedneck

I did read it.

You were the one who mentioned data from 2012 and ICE records. I was ridiculing those things because they are irrelevant to the situation.

Let me explain;

- Trump was talking about the people who approached the border, and some of them threw rocks and bottles, and some even tried to break through the Mexican side barricades.

- ICE don't operate in Mexico and so they wouldn't have been able to report on the situation any better than the news crews that were on location.

- Drone footage would not have been able to identify if any non family members had 'grabbed' children.

- The TV footage, similarly would not have identified if any non family members had 'grabbed' children.

- Nor could any officials on the US side of the border have identified if any non family members had 'grabbed' children.

- It may have been possible that information agents of the US within the crowd that approached the border could possibly have determined if any non family members had 'grabbed' children. But even then, how could they be sure that the child is not from the same family? It also begs the question of how many of the crowd were actually agents of the United States? Were any of the stone and bottle throwers, or those that attempted to bypass the barriers, actually working clandestinely for the US?

- Then there is the question regarding if the informants in the crowd would actually think that the familial relationships of the crowd were of sufficient relevance to qualify it as 'intelligence' worth reporting.

It is clear that Trump is clutching at straws, is making things up, is making increasingly irrational claims and expects us to not have the intellect to question them.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

TheRedneck

LMFAO, If we could tax stupid our national debt would be dissolved in a day.

If Trump were a genuinely good businessman, he could monetize the whole immigration process, including ongoing payments specifically from immigrants, to bolster up the economy that supports them with social services (such as registering for taxation and social security and the costs of policing and deporting the unsuitable and undocumented).

But Trump provably isn't that great a businessman.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero. Yes I’ve seen that. You said that all nations act in their own best interest. This is true, but like people, some nations act in their own interest at the expense of others, and some act in their interest in cooperation with others. There’s a difference.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You were the one who mentioned data from 2012 and ICE records. I was ridiculing those things because they are irrelevant to the situation.

They most certainly are relevant. The previous statistics establish a pattern of behavior that there is no reason to believe has been deviated from. Such patterns are used regularly in law enforcement... if someone has committed one type of crime, say, robbery, it is likely that they will commit a similar crime again, barring successful rehabilitation. That's why criminals in the US have this thing called a 'rap sheet.'

So if we know that previous excursions to claim asylum in the US have a history of using children 'grabbed' from their families, we have every reason to believe that present and future excursions for the same purpose will contain the same type of criminal element.

You also seem to think there are two fences... one on the Mexican side and one on the US side. No. There is a single fence. An opening in the "Mexican side" is also an opening in the "US side." Drone footage can operate right up to the border, and see well beyond it. Not that that is even relevant, because we're discussing children 'grabbed' from their families in Honduras or Guatemala, not somehow being 'grabbed' as the caravan approaches the border.

And that lone assumption destroys your entire argument. Again.

Next?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The fact of the matter is that Donald Trump won the election to be president fairly and every American should have gotten behind that regardless of how they felt about Trump.

How can you get behind a man who puts ketchup on a steak?
How is such a man still allowed to walk freely among civil society?
It is ketchup after all.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

They most certainly are relevant. The previous statistics establish a pattern of behavior that there is no reason to believe has been deviated from. Such patterns are used regularly in law enforcement... if someone has committed one type of crime, say, robbery, it is likely that they will commit a similar crime again, barring successful rehabilitation. That's why criminals in the US have this thing called a 'rap sheet.'

In civilized countries, arrest can only occur when there is actual evidence of a crime. You cannot arrest someone for prior offenses. Also, the judiciary only convicts on actual commission of a crime, not priors.

In law, while priors are considered in sentencing, it is excluded from evidence during the trial because it may prejudice the case. Court trials, in the phase prior to sentencing, have been invalidated when jurors have been made known of prior offenses.

So if we know that previous excursions to claim asylum in the US have a history of using children 'grabbed' from their families, we have every reason to believe that present and future excursions for the same purpose will contain the same type of criminal element.

Nope.

You also seem to think there are two fences... one on the Mexican side and one on the US side. No. There is a single fence. An opening in the "Mexican side" is also an opening in the "US side."

Right and wrong.

At the road crossing, there is no fence at all, just a number of closely spaced inspection booths between the laneways.

The official pedestrian crossing has a gateway that leads through an inspection station building.

All the rest of the border near San Ysidro is a double wall, one on the Mexican side, one on the US side, that stretches to the sea, to the west, and into the Otay Preserve to the East.

Check it out on Google Earth or Google maps.

Drone footage can operate right up to the border, and see well beyond it. Not that that is even relevant, because we're discussing children 'grabbed' from their families in Honduras or Guatemala, not somehow being 'grabbed' as the caravan approaches the border.

And that lone assumption destroys your entire argument. Again.

Next?

TheRedneck

No, were were specifically discussing Trump's assertion, two days ago, that there were "a lot of 'grabbers'" in the crowd that approached the Mexican border wall at San Ysidro three days ago, and about which he could not possibly have known.

To be clear, we were not talking about a general ,possible, potential occurrence over months and vast distances. We were talking, as Trump was, about a specific instance.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

In civilized countries, arrest can only occur when there is actual evidence of a crime. You cannot arrest someone for prior offenses. Also, the judiciary only convicts on actual commission of a crime, not priors.

Are you aware that arrests are made outside of a courtroom? If so, what does this have to do with my statement?

At the road crossing, there is no fence at all, just a number of closely spaced inspection booths between the laneways.

The official pedestrian crossing has a gateway that leads through an inspection station building.

You really think my statement about a wall included one blocking the highway?

All the rest of the border near San Ysidro is a double wall, one on the Mexican side, one on the US side, that stretches to the sea, to the west, and into the Otay Preserve to the East.

Check it out on Google Earth or Google maps.

I did, just to verify. I do that sometimes to not sound uninformed. You should try it.

There is one wall to the west and two walls to the east of the port of entry. All of them are on US soil or exactly on the border. There is no wall on Mexican soil. So, as I said, making an opening on the Mexican side makes an opening on the US side.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage
I most certainly am glad he is our President. SURE BEATS THE BROWN TURD WE HAD THE LAST EIGHT YEARS!!!!!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join