It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Nightclub Bombing in Tel Aviv - Four Dead, Dozens Injured

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Typical response from one who has no clue how to prevent such from happening

Exactley what I was thinking about your posts. I cannot be bothered tbh. Too many simple views from to many simple people. It never cease to amaze me how little some people have when it comes to a grip on reality.

Extremists hating extremists, quite funny.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Still no solution or alternative, Kriz_4?
Figures.
No matter, it wasn't Islamic Jihad or Hamas, or for that matter, Hezobollah. Palestine has too much to loss and Israel too much to gain from this after all, right?
Personally, I hope the Israeli keep building that 'wailing wall." That will take those groups and organizations out of the picture and hopefully it will take MOSSAD out of the picture, as well.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Still no solution or alternative

Maybe they could airlift Dr. Phil in and initiate the world's largest ever group hug.
The terrorists just need to be nurtured.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Maybe they could airlift Dr. Phil in and initiate the world's largest ever group hug.
The terrorists just need to be nurtured.

You may be right after all, and while at it we should bring him to the boards so we can also have a group hug, I tell you some people in ATS need nurturing too.

By the way the building of a wall is only going to make it a target for more bombs.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Update of sorts:

The Lebanese guerrilla group Hizbullah hired a Palestinian from the northern West Bank to carry out Friday night's suicide bombing in Tel Aviv, a senior commander of a Palestinian militant group said.

--snip--

A senior Palestinian security official confirmed that the bomber was recruited by Hizbullah. The official, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, said the bomber, a Palestinian from the northern West Bank town of Tulkarm, was a member of the Brigades.

--snip--

In Beirut, however, a Hizbullah spokesman denied involvement.

Palestinians: Hizbullah orchestrated attack

EDIT: Also found this from the 9th of this month:
Palestinians Say Hizbollah Trying to Wreck Truce

seekerof

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Excuse me here a sec, but your implying that if Sharon does anything or makes any type response to this that he and Israel will be pushing back the peace process? Huh? Seems to me, that the peace process has taken a significant blow, LazarusTheLong. I can sense what you are implying by him and Israel biting their tongues over this and all. That would be such a noble thing to do wouldn't it? Yep, just do nothing and let the Palestinian authorities handle this, correct? You are referring to the same Palestinian authorities that let these terrorist organizations pass right into Israel to do these type suicide runs? Got'cha.

The typical response over this will be:
Abbas will condemn the attack.
Abbas will ask those terrorist groups to again cease and/or stop their activities.
Israel will either respond or not.
The world will again draw sides.
The world will forget this after a week.
Peace?
Who really wants it?

I have asserted this for quite sometime and I will again: Till those terrorist organization operating in Palestine and other areas are either brought to the table and "cease fire" is beat into their heads where they understand it or till they are dismantled or destroyed, there will be no lasting ceasefire or for that matter, no lasting peace.

Personally, I think Seekerof is right on the money here....

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hizb Allah denies role in bombing

"Hizb Allah categorically denies the accusations of a supposed role by our movement in the Tel Aviv operation and considers them totally without basis," a statement from the group said.

"These accusations are part of a campaign of incitement against Hizb Allah led by the Hebrew state.."

source:
english.aljazeera

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Islamic Jihad who claimed responsibility, is also pro-Iranian, but the extent of involvement from Tehran is unclear.

The bomber detonated a powerful bomb - reportedly about 30 kilos (66 pounds)

In a videotape made prior to the attack, the bomber states that the bombing was intended to do harm to the Palestinian Authority, which on February 8 declared a cease-fire with Israel. (haaretz)

Nasser Yousef (new interior minister) said, Palestinian security forces have arrested two militants with ties to Islamic Jihad in connection with the attack.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
With the pursuit of those involved and/or behind(suppliers of the bombs & materials) of this latest cowardly act perpetrated on festive, life-enjoying, unsuspecting innocents,only serves to further distance world sympathy from the jihadist.Everyday this world is becoming a smaller place with fewer places to hide for these self-anointed destroyers of the human race.Contrary to their designs,each future random atrocity only strengthens scorn upon themselves as the scourge of mankind,convincing more spectatators daily to join forces in identifying,locating,& eradicating this disease that potentially threatens us all.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Update:

Israel is blaming Syria for the attack.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Palestinians have also blamed a third party, although they have stopped short at pointing a finger at Damascus.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Islamic Jihad has claimed responsibility,
2 men arrested in Tel Aviv.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
again:

The Damascus-based leadership of the militant Palestinian Islamic Jihad Saturday claimed responsibility

There is a videotape, made prior to the attack:

The bomber, Abdullah Badran, a resident of the West Bank town of Deir al Ghusun, declared that the bombing was intended to do harm to the Palestinian Authority, which on February 8 declared a cease-fire with Israel.

The aim of the bombing was "to attack the self-rule Authority, which acts according to American interests," Badran said on the tape.

[....]

the Islamic Jihad official, who identified himself as only as Abu Tareq, told The Associated Press that the late Friday attack was in retaliation for what he called Israel's violation of an Israeli-Palestinian truce.

"The calm period with the [Palestinian] Authority was an agreement for a month and that has ended," said Abu Tareq,a member of Islamic Jihad's Damascus-based political bureau, in a telephone interview from an undisclosed location in Lebanon. (haaretz: Suicide bomber: My target was the PA, which serves American interests)

Israel decided Saturday to freeze the planned handover of West Bank cities and to bar Islamic Jihad representatives from leaving for Cairo to attend truce talks scheduled for March 5.

Rebekka

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
A Palestinian terrorist leader who spent five years at Durham University has been targeted for assassination.

Ramadan Shallah, 47, the head of Islamic Jihad, is accused by Mossad, the Israeli intelligence service, of ordering the attack by telephone from
Damascus.

A transcript of the call is believed to have been given to Condoleezza Rice, the US secretary of state.

Abdullah Badran, 21, the bomber, made clear in a videotape he left behind that he was acting on behalf of Islamic Jihad.

Ex-British student in hit squad threat

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join