It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lashes out at Mueller for the third time in 10 days.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Don't you get tired sometimes of having to constantly stick up for an obviously corrupt part of your own government that can just throw people in jail because they want to?

There isn’t any area of the government more corrupt than the person sitting in the Oval Office right now.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: underwerks

Interesting that the prosecutor can define what a lie is...

Don't you get tired sometimes of having to constantly stick up for an obviously corrupt part of your own government that can just throw people in jail because they want to?

Or is it all about By Any Means Necessary to you?

Nevermind... in typing that I answered my own question.

In the case of perjury the prosecution has to be able to show that the defendant knowingly and willfully lied. They can't get someone for perjury as Trump hinted by saying it was sunny when it was actually raining. It has to be something much more serious.

Most likely, Mueller has evidence that proves one line of events and when questions Manafort lied about those events. The prosecution has to show definitively that they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the defendant lied.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

At the very least, he was voted in and someday be done. Unlike the bureaucrats that answer to no one.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
For someone who has "deny ignorance" on their avatar.....

You spend a lot of time spreading it instead of denying it.

Please elaborate how anything in this topic is ignorant? I actually provided both sides of the story and then clearly marked where my opinion began. I would really like to know how you think I am spreading ignorance by giving a detailed breakdown of the issues the President of the United States tweeted about today.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

At the very least, he was voted in and someday be done. Unlike the bureaucrats that answer to no one.

That may be, but that doesn’t make Trump less corrupt. And that’s not even bringing up the corrupt unelected bureaucrats he himself has appointed.

His appointments make the last bunch look like Sunday School teachers.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Like Trump, his cabinet picks will also disappear someday.

Forest for the trees man.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Since the midterm, Trump has ramped up his rhetoric against the Mueller investigation. It could be that Trump is bored and just wanting to lash out at something but more likely the Mueller investigation is really bothering Trump. Just today Trump posted these tweets:

When Mueller does his final report, will he be covering all of his conflicts of interest in a preamble, will he be recommending action on all of the crimes of many kinds from those "on the other side"(whatever happened to Podesta?), and will he be putting in statements from.....

....hundreds of people closely involved with my campaign who never met, saw or spoke to a Russian during this period? So many campaign workers, people inside from the beginning, ask me why they have not been called (they want to be). There was NO Collusion & Mueller knows it!

So, the president accuses Bob Mueller of having conflicts of interest. Let's take a closer look into those allegations:

While not pertaining to Mueller directly, there are a few areas of the investigation that Trump and team can point to as possible conflicts of interest. One being the proven political bias of two people working on the investigation. FBI agent Peter Strzok and lawyer Lisa Page were discovered to have exchanged text messages concerning their distaste for President Trump.[1] When Mueller presents his findings any part of the report authored by either Strzok or Page will have to be removed altogether or either independently verified by another member of the investigation. If Mueller presents the findings without independent verification of the portions worked on by Strzok and Page then the President will have a legitimate reason to claim conflict.

The second argument for a conflict in the Mueller probe is that Mueller was not approved by the Senate. This claim originated from Northwestern law professor Steven Calabresi.[2] Since the initial publishing of the claim it has been widely and thoroughly debunked by other lawyers and scholars.[3] The Trump administration can attempt to use this argument as evidence of conflicts but it is highly unlikely it will be able to find a sympathetic court.

The one topic the Trump team may have the most success arguing for conflict of interest is the relationship between James Comey and Robert Mueller. The two men have worked together extensively in the past and since the firing of James Comey is one of the principal reasons the Mueller probe was begun, this has all the hallmarks of a conflict. To highlight how close the two men are, Besides Comey, the person who is mentioned the most in James Comey's book is Robert Mueller. However, so far the only relationship between the two men is professional and not of a personal nature. Unless the Trump team is able to prove that Mueller and Comey are personal friends it is unlikely this accusation will stand either.

The president brings up the "other side" and what happened to Podesta as well. Well, Podesta is currently under investigation by the US Attorney General in the Southern District of New York.[4] This investigation is outside the purview of the Mueller investigation so it is unclear why Trump is even asking Mueller to report on this matter.

Trump goes on to accuse Mueller of not talking to the "hundreds of people closely involved with my campaign who never met, saw or spoke to a Russian". Presumably, Trump is upset that Mueller is only speaking to the individuals in the campaign that did have contact with Russia. If that is the case isn't Mueller just doing his job, investigating the people who had contact with Russia and leaving the others alone.

My Opinion

I don't foresee any of the possible conflicts listed above causing any issues for the Mueller investigation. At best, it may win the president some sympathy amongst his base but won't change anything in the courts.

With the appointment of a loyalist and Mueller antagonist to be Acting Attorney General (While there is still not a permanent pick) and the increased Mueller bashing coming from the Oval Office, I believe the president is expecting bad news. Just yesterday Alan Dershowitz, a frequent defender of Trump, stated that he believes the Mueller report will "be devastating to the president," and he knows "the president's team is already working on a response to the report."[5]

Between now and the release of the Mueller report I expect Trump to greatly increase the amount and intensity of his attacks against Mueller. We will have to wait and see if this tactic helps or hinders the president.

[1] FBI agent Peter Strzok fired over anti-Trump texts
[2] Mueller’s Investigation Crosses the Legal Line
[3] The Terrible Arguments Against the Constitutionality of the Mueller Investigation
[4] Former lobbyist Tony Podesta, others under investigation by federal prosecutors over alleged foreign work
[5] Mueller report will be 'devastating' for the president: Frequent Trump defender

You are right
He is just bored

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Trump goes on to accuse Mueller of not talking to the "hundreds of people closely involved with my campaign who never met, saw or spoke to a Russian". Presumably, Trump is upset that Mueller is only speaking to the individuals in the campaign that did have contact with Russia. If that is the case isn't Mueller just doing his job, investigating the people who had contact with Russia and leaving the others alone.

this made me laugh

obviously Mueller won't go around questioning people that are not a part of the investigation. this should go without saying, but I guess sometimes it is good to explain things.
edit on 26-11-2018 by njord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Third Times the Charm......

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Like Trump, his cabinet picks will also disappear someday.

What do you expect? Are we all supposed to just sit back with the attitude of “well it doesn’t matter what he does, he’ll be gone eventually”? So will America with that attitude.

My personal reasons for not liking him aside, this is the same man who wondered out loud why he can’t just take guns first and go through due process second, and is now wanting to create a Russian style state media as per his comments today. His style of nonstop vitriolic campaigning has convinced a large portion of America that the other half is their born enemy. Do you think that’s just going to evaporate when he leaves office?

No. The hate he has cultivated as a means to more political support is here to stay. All that’s left is to figure out who the next corrupt politician that utilizes it will be. And it’s going to get worse. A lot of people believe that America is a stable, concrete thing that can survive anything. Trump himself proves that isn’t true.

I don’t see Trumps corruption serving as a warning to future leaders in America. If anything, it’s turning out to be a guidebook.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Meme you

edit on 11 26 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

What do you expect?

Exactly what is happening.

Are we all supposed to just sit back with the attitude of “well it doesn’t matter what he does, he’ll be gone eventually”?

By that logic, complaining on the internet is suiting your ends?

The hate he has cultivated as a means to more political support is here to stay.

It's amazing to note that folks think hate is a new thing and should be hung on Trumps shoulders. Meanwhile the internet is filling to the brim with the opposite.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The Second Guy is Kind of Interesting.......Hmn...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

In the case of perjury the prosecution has to be able to show that the defendant knowingly and willfully lied. They can't get someone for perjury as Trump hinted by saying it was sunny when it was actually raining. It has to be something much more serious.

Most likely, Mueller has evidence that proves one line of events and when questions Manafort lied about those events. The prosecution has to show definitively that they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the defendant lied.

So a perjury trap does not exist in your world.

Color me surprised.

If the shoe was on the other foot (6 months from now) are you going to champion the same ideology?

Again, I just answered my own question.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's amazing to note that folks think hate is a new thing and should be hung on Trumps shoulders. Meanwhile the internet is filling to the brim with the opposite.

It isn’t a new thing. What’s new is how it’s being utilized by the president of the United States to gain and maintain power. I don’t have the type of confidence in our country or it’s institutions to believe that it isn’t going to leave a mark. Things won’t just go back to normal after this.

This is the biggest threat in my opinion. His dumbass economic policies can be overturned once he’s out of office, but the rage he’s cultivated in society for his own ends isn’t going anywhere. I’m not worried about Trump, he’s a buffoon. What I’m worried about is the people who actually believe him and take what he says seriously.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

What’s new is how it’s being utilized by the president of the United States to gain and maintain power.

Really? So we're going to ignore past administrations that have used their platform to do the same?

Things won’t just go back to normal after this.

Could you give me a reference in regard to normal?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
As CNN has proclaimed at least once a week for the past 2 years, with drooling mouths, "Mueller is tightening his grip on Trump. The walls are closing in!"

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So a perjury trap does not exist in your world.

Color me surprised.

If the shoe was on the other foot (6 months from now) are you going to champion the same ideology?

Again, I just answered my own question.

No, I don't believe a perjury trap exists because you know how to get out of a perjury trap? Tell the truth, it's that simple.

I have always been consistent. If someone commits a crime they should be prosecuted. In my personal opinion, Hillary should be prosecuted for her handling classified documents on her personal server. That is against the law and she should have been prosecuted. I do believe that if you our I committed the exact same crime our fates would be much different than hers.

However, that isn't because she is a Democrat, that is because she is rich and connected. Anyone rich and connected can get off of things you and I couldn't. It's not right, and needs to be addressed. The problem is that everyday Americans like you and I are too busy arguing with each other than demanding a change.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If Muller and the Democrats were to dog me the way they did the President, I would become physical by now, after all it’s been two years. How many of you would put up with that crap for two years and remain patient?

... 'cause Trump never did that to Hillary, Obama and a stack of others. Nah.

:p

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The Special Council’s term has leaked like crazy since inception. If they had anything that was good for the D’s in October it would have been the October surprise. If they have anything now it would be in the NYTs “ from reliable sources “. They have NOTHING important. Yes, they just got Trumps answers. Big deal. Done by his attorneys and they aren’t going to slip up on the answers.

Don’t even get me started on Dershowitz. A self confessed liberal and backer of Hillary and Obama. He writes books, idiots buy them. He needs to remain relevant so he offers his opinion. Also, the only way that he would “know” is from an inside source. Such leak would be well know to many as before.

Just the D’s pursuing the only agenda they got. HATE TRUMP!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join