It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lashes out at Mueller for the third time in 10 days.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Since the midterm, Trump has ramped up his rhetoric against the Mueller investigation. It could be that Trump is bored and just wanting to lash out at something but more likely the Mueller investigation is really bothering Trump. Just today Trump posted these tweets:

When Mueller does his final report, will he be covering all of his conflicts of interest in a preamble, will he be recommending action on all of the crimes of many kinds from those "on the other side"(whatever happened to Podesta?), and will he be putting in statements from.....

....hundreds of people closely involved with my campaign who never met, saw or spoke to a Russian during this period? So many campaign workers, people inside from the beginning, ask me why they have not been called (they want to be). There was NO Collusion & Mueller knows it!

So, the president accuses Bob Mueller of having conflicts of interest. Let's take a closer look into those allegations:

While not pertaining to Mueller directly, there are a few areas of the investigation that Trump and team can point to as possible conflicts of interest. One being the proven political bias of two people working on the investigation. FBI agent Peter Strzok and lawyer Lisa Page were discovered to have exchanged text messages concerning their distaste for President Trump.[1] When Mueller presents his findings any part of the report authored by either Strzok or Page will have to be removed altogether or either independently verified by another member of the investigation. If Mueller presents the findings without independent verification of the portions worked on by Strzok and Page then the President will have a legitimate reason to claim conflict.

The second argument for a conflict in the Mueller probe is that Mueller was not approved by the Senate. This claim originated from Northwestern law professor Steven Calabresi.[2] Since the initial publishing of the claim it has been widely and thoroughly debunked by other lawyers and scholars.[3] The Trump administration can attempt to use this argument as evidence of conflicts but it is highly unlikely it will be able to find a sympathetic court.

The one topic the Trump team may have the most success arguing for conflict of interest is the relationship between James Comey and Robert Mueller. The two men have worked together extensively in the past and since the firing of James Comey is one of the principal reasons the Mueller probe was begun, this has all the hallmarks of a conflict. To highlight how close the two men are, Besides Comey, the person who is mentioned the most in James Comey's book is Robert Mueller. However, so far the only relationship between the two men is professional and not of a personal nature. Unless the Trump team is able to prove that Mueller and Comey are personal friends it is unlikely this accusation will stand either.

The president brings up the "other side" and what happened to Podesta as well. Well, Podesta is currently under investigation by the US Attorney General in the Southern District of New York.[4] This investigation is outside the purview of the Mueller investigation so it is unclear why Trump is even asking Mueller to report on this matter.

Trump goes on to accuse Mueller of not talking to the "hundreds of people closely involved with my campaign who never met, saw or spoke to a Russian". Presumably, Trump is upset that Mueller is only speaking to the individuals in the campaign that did have contact with Russia. If that is the case isn't Mueller just doing his job, investigating the people who had contact with Russia and leaving the others alone.

My Opinion

I don't foresee any of the possible conflicts listed above causing any issues for the Mueller investigation. At best, it may win the president some sympathy amongst his base but won't change anything in the courts.

With the appointment of a loyalist and Mueller antagonist to be Acting Attorney General (While there is still not a permanent pick) and the increased Mueller bashing coming from the Oval Office, I believe the president is expecting bad news. Just yesterday Alan Dershowitz, a frequent defender of Trump, stated that he believes the Mueller report will "be devastating to the president," and he knows "the president's team is already working on a response to the report."[5]

Between now and the release of the Mueller report I expect Trump to greatly increase the amount and intensity of his attacks against Mueller. We will have to wait and see if this tactic helps or hinders the president.

[1] FBI agent Peter Strzok fired over anti-Trump texts
[2] Mueller’s Investigation Crosses the Legal Line
[3] The Terrible Arguments Against the Constitutionality of the Mueller Investigation
[4] Former lobbyist Tony Podesta, others under investigation by federal prosecutors over alleged foreign work
[5] Mueller report will be 'devastating' for the president: Frequent Trump defender

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If he is innocent, which I won't exclude the possibility of until evidence surfaces, he certainly is not acting like it...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
At this point the mueller investigation is an extreme case of crying wolf. Even if it comes out he’s guilty, half of the nation won’t care and the other half won’t believe it.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I think the people that won't care and won't believe it are one in the same.

I think their are people out there that would care. I would care.

I care, not necessarily IF Russia meddled, but more so IF they did that people fell for it because they believe everything they read.

edit on 26-11-2018 by headorheart because: double word

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndyFront
If he is innocent, which I won't exclude the possibility of until evidence surfaces, he certainly is not acting like it...

Indeed, for someone that proclaims their innocence he sure does act guilty.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If Muller and the Democrats were to dog me the way they did the President, I would become physical by now, after all it’s been two years. How many of you would put up with that crap for two years and remain patient?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If it was you, and you were innocent, how would you react after two years?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I don't get this. If you're an innocent man, at what point is it acceptable and normal to exhibit anger at a long, dragged out witch hunt that has a direct impact on your daily life in the form of never ending media questions, your enemies using it as a crutch to prop up their campaign against you, and the same opponents using it to try to smear every otherwise normal to the office decision you make?

The fact that Trump hasn't fired Mueller and ended this farce is testament to his innocense, in my opinion. If he were guilty, he'd have ended this last year and, honestly, he'd have not been impeached over it, either. Yeah, the Dems would have screamed, hollered, and gnashed their teeth, but they lacked the numbers to do jack diddly to the man and, honestly, they still do lack the numbers in the grand scheme of things. This "investigation" is a waste of time, money, and resources.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Indeed, for someone that proclaims their innocence he sure does act guilty.

If he was guilty one of two things would have already happened, either Trump would have been impeached by an overwhelming majority, or he would have ended the investigation in a way that could only be a clear act of obstruction of justice, resulting also in impeachment and/or removal from office.

Instead he's acting more like someone being wrongly accused and being relentlessly persecuted by allegations of collusion in an effort to destroy him politically throughout most of his first term as president.

He's acting like someone that just wants it to end, and is frustrated with the cloud hanging over him and his presidency until it does.

But, spin it however you like.

It was a politically motivated deep state witch hunt from start to finish, whenever that is.

If you were the accused, would you handle it differently?

Can you answer that honestly?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't think he's guilty of collusion, but there's definitely something really off about this guy. I've felt this way about him since before he was president.

And I'm probably very very very very highly likely correct.
edit on 26-11-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackalOne being the proven political bias of two people working on the investigation

it was more than political bias.

Strzok and co authored a news article and leaked it to yahoo news, they then took that news article and coupled it with the Steele dossier and presented them as fact to a FISA court.

But you already knew that..

The Mueller investigation has been leaking like a siv since it started, the problem is.. the leaks were all lies... as Rubio said
'' the only thing that didnt leak, was the truth ''

But you already knew that too...

Lets forget about Mccabes wife and the money from the Clintons
Lets forget about Strzok and Page saying to Mccabe ''insurance policy''
Lets forget that 0 evidence of any kind of Russian collussion has come forward
Lets forget that the Democrats, FBI and DOJ setup the meeting between Trump Jnr and the Russian lawyer - that eventuated into nothing

But you already knew that...

My Opinion
I don't foresee any of the possible conflicts listed above causing any issues for the Mueller investigation

We already knew that, thats why your posts dont carry any weight as they're totally biased, void of logic and common sense and just more of the same nonsense we've become acustomed too this past 2 years.

Guess what 0 Russian Collusion thus far.. 0

But there sure as hell is a lot of Collusion between the Democrats, Fbi, DOJ, Russia and co to boot

the person who is mentioned the most in James Comey's book is Robert Mueller.

oh god it all makes sense now.. you're using Comeys book as a refernce..

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If Muller and the Democrats were to dog me the way they did the President, I would become physical by now, after all it’s been two years. How many of you would put up with that crap for two years and remain patient?

It takes time to conduct a detailed investigation. Plus, Trump was presented with a list of questions from Mueller all the way back in April. Trump literally just answered those questions last week. If he wanted the investigation to move faster, he should move faster himself.

Plus the last two special investigations both took 4 years to complete.

LINK
edit on 26-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
DP

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

What do you think Mueller will hit Trump's campaign with? What do you think Dershowitz is inferring when he says it will be devastating?

Honest questions. "I don't know" is a fine answer because I sure as hell don't know.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I don't get this. If you're an innocent man, at what point is it acceptable and normal to exhibit anger at a long, dragged out witch hunt that has a direct impact on your daily life in the form of never ending media questions, your enemies using it as a crutch to prop up their campaign against you, and the same opponents using it to try to smear every otherwise normal to the office decision you make?

The fact that Trump hasn't fired Mueller and ended this farce is testament to his innocense, in my opinion. If he were guilty, he'd have ended this last year and, honestly, he'd have not been impeached over it, either. Yeah, the Dems would have screamed, hollered, and gnashed their teeth, but they lacked the numbers to do jack diddly to the man and, honestly, they still do lack the numbers in the grand scheme of things. This "investigation" is a waste of time, money, and resources.

Do you remember what prompted the creation of the Mueller investigation? When Trump found out that the FBI was investigating Russian collusion, not him yet, he fired Comey. Then the next day he told the Russian ambassador “I faced great pressure because of Russia, that’s off now”.

As soon as Trump found out that Russian connections were being looked into, he tried to stop it right away.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: BlackJackal

What do you think Mueller will hit Trump's campaign with? What do you think Dershowitz is inferring when he says it will be devastating?

Honest questions. "I don't know" is a fine answer because I sure as hell don't know.

Honestly, I don't know for sure. However, if I were to make a guess I would say that Mueller has been able to prove a link between Russia and the Trump campaign.

Based off the recent news headlines there are several perjury charges being hinted at against Roger Stone and Jerome Corsi. That seems to indicate these two men were asked about something dealing with their contacts with Julian Assange or Russia and then lied about it. So, the most logical conclusion is that the Mueller team was able to independently prove that these men had contacts with either Russia or Julian Assange and then lied about it.

If that is true, then the Mueller team has been able to prove at least one link between the Trump campaign and Russia.

I may be completely wrong, but that is my best guess based off what we (the public) knows.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think Trump sees the writing on the wall, and those walls are closing in around him. Just today Mueller released a filing on Paul Manafort that may lead to him spending most of the rest of his life in prison. Maybe Trump had a heads up about this?

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort continued to lie to the FBI and to special counsel Robert Mueller’s office after his plea deal in September, Mr. Mueller’s office alleged Monday, in what would be a breach of the agreement by a person whose cooperation has been considered a key asset in the probe.

In a three-page filing, Mr. Mueller’s office alleged that Mr. Manafort, who pleaded guilty to conspiring against the U.S. and obstruction of justice and agreed to cooperate with Mr. Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, repeatedly lied to investigators after his plea.

Link
edit on 26-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Interesting that the prosecutor can define what a lie is...

Don't you get tired sometimes of having to constantly stick up for an obviously corrupt part of your own government that can just throw people in jail because they want to?

Or is it all about By Any Means Necessary to you?

Nevermind... in typing that I answered my own question.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

We already knew that, thats why your posts dont carry any weight as they're totally biased, void of logic and common sense and just more of the same nonsense we've become acustomed too this past 2 years.

You know, I posted both sides of the argument. This post is dealing with several topics that are possibly going to happen in the future. Therefore it is impossible to know for sure what is going to happen. But I suppose you are a time traveler or clairvoyant?

I even made it clear with BIG letters that I was posting my opinion just so people like you wouldn't get confused and yet somehow you still do. Plus, guess what? I haven't been around for 2 years. I've been back, maybe a month now, good job paying attention.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
For someone who has "deny ignorance" on their avatar.....

You spend a lot of time spreading it instead of denying it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join