It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classroom Evacuated Because Student is Wearing MAGA Hat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Corporate Banks are National Slavery !

The Last Guy to Say that in the Senate in 1913 and is Long Dead Now......(

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

the kids in nz are told to bring sun hats to school just not wear them in class simple really

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

I am one of the first in my school back in the 80's to really press for wearing "satanic" clothing and studded belts etc. When the school outlawed such attire because weapons (studs) I filed a freedom of religion complaint because that was just part and parcel of the metal outfit. My friend and I were kinda locally famous for that LOL, this was at the height of Satanic Panic and our #ty city had it's lot of storefront preachers and shady #.
Anyway, the school can impose whatever regulations they like. I had to ditch the studded belts but still wore my pentagram necklace.
The school has the right and this kid was just being edgy for the sake of it, just like I was. Shouldn't even be news imho.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Classroom Evacuated Because Student is Wearing MAGA Hat

If that's all it takes to make people run for their lives a freggin MAGA hat.

Send a few semi loads down to the southern border fast, and tell everyone to wear them.

Problem solved.

edit on 26-11-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Teacher is a moron all he had to say was no hats allowed period and anybody else wearing a hat would have had to remove them but no he decided to get triggered and violated this young man's rights of education and freedom of expression , why he chose to evacuate classroom I have no idea, maybe he was afraid he might catch makeamericagreatagainitis?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wasn't allowed to wear hats in school. While I find that stupid, it's not really a big deal. I don't see how this had anything to do with the boys views either. It just looked like he was being asked kindly to follow an existing rule.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
CNN Reports...

Straight white christian male wore a MAGA hat to class and was probably thinking of guns.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I’m taking what appears to be the unpopular side of this situation. We only have a small sample of what’s going on here. I’m seeing a student being disruptive to the class. He wore the hat to extract this exact response. He wanted a confrontation. And he had a friend there to record it so it can go viral.

The teacher actually seemed very calm all things Considered. Sure, it appears as though the MAGA hat may have gotten under his skin a little but this isn’t the first time he and this student have had a confrontation in class like this.

So what if he called him an asshole, he’s there to learn, not be an instigating jerk. Take off the hat like you’re told and learn. If that were my son that type of behavior would not be permitted.

A better solution for the teacher would be to send him to an administrator to deal with. But he appeared as though he was fed up and decided not let a protagonist student disrupt his class. Perhaps to send a message to the rest of the class.

I don’t know, but there’s a lot more to this then the video shows and my instinct is to side with the teacher in this. And for all those who support the student, I will gauruntee most of you would sing a different tune if it were an ideologically opposing political statement being made that you disagreed with.

Don't talk sense. Make derivative blanket statements like, " they're coming for our first amendment!"

None of the mentalists cared to even bring up the fact that hats are not allowed to be worn in classrooms... They get baited just like the student intended and got the reaction he wanted...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
I wasn't allowed to wear hats in school. While I find that stupid, it's not really a big deal. I don't see how this had anything to do with the boys views either. It just looked like he was being asked kindly to follow an existing rule.

Yea but... "the left..."

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'll bet if the kid would have stood up, stomped on the hat and said ... "DEATH TO ALL TRUMP SUPPORTERS, DEATH TO THE USA AND ALAH AKBAR!!"...they would have given the kid the highest medal in the school!!

This S# is out of control!!

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'll bet if the kid would have stood up, stomped on the hat and said ... "DEATH TO ALL TRUMP SUPPORTERS, DEATH TO THE USA AND ALAH AKBAR!!"...they would have given the kid the highest medal in the school!!

This S# is out of control!!

Old Timer - Well , in My Day , the Boy would have been Given his Own Parade Down Main Street for Standing Up to his Convictions Like a MAN ! And NO ! , I ain't Dead Yet Young Feller !......)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Did the teacher call him "Clark" at the end???

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I was a middle school and high school teacher. Honestly, nobody should be a teacher if they only allow ideas or expressions of one end of the political spectrum. At the least, one should be professional and respectful of the range of students. Otherwise, you shouldn’t be there and in fact are violating a number of educational and ethical norms.
a reply to: DBCowboy

Plato would weep.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I was a middle school and high school teacher. Honestly, nobody should be a teacher if they only allow ideas or expressions of one end of the political spectrum. At the least, one should be professional and respectful of the range of students. Otherwise, you shouldn’t be there and in fact are violating a number of educational and ethical norms.
a reply to: DBCowboy

Plato would weep.

Plato would've been made 'Teacher's Pet' because he wore a dress to school.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The kid's a dipsh*t and the teacher pussy-footed around the actual rules.

My guess is the kid was wearing it, trolling other students (which surely isn't hard at all) and it caused a distraction in the classroom. For all we know he could have been wearing that hat for hours that day and no one cared but once other students start pointing it out and getting in a debate, it becomes the easier solution to just go to the rule book and follow it so everyone shuts up.

I do give the teacher a bit of credit for trying to explain why rules are in place and whatnot, but the delivery was way too weak and not concise enough for a cocky high school kid. I had plenty of adults and teachers in my life give the "Because it's the rules" or "Because I said so" without actually explaining why and that always perturbed me growing up. Give me a reason to respect a rule and I'll respect it, pull it out of your ass and that's where I'll see it, I suppose.

Edit- teacher was also a dunce for having everyone else leave. Send the kid to the principal's office and move on.

edit on 26-11-2018 by Drucifer because: Added bit about teacher being a dingus

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Not supposed to wear a hat..don't wear a f'ing hat!! pretty damn simple. But nooo, the little goof is some kind of hero

Clearing the classroom seems a bit over the top though, should of just kicked his dumb ass out.
edit on 26-11-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

originally posted by: matafuchs
So kids can choose their sex in school but cannot wear a hat in school? Oh the humanity...I will bet there are multiple other kids wearing non-trump hats and no one says a thing.

#resistmyhat

I really don't think so. Hats were a big no-no when I was in school. Middle all the way through high school. Can't wear hats in most banks either.

IF other students are allowed to wear hats and this child wasn't, that is even more absurd.

No hats are allowed to be worn in class. This kid deliberately wore this particular hat so that he could make a video. He knew he would be asked to take it off.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Even political discussions are supposed to be neutral but in some classes like government there can be viewpoints but both parties viewpoints are supposed to be represented. Now, in school they cannot parrot the crap the media spews, PBS news actually parallels the rules of schools usually with real facts and both parties represented in a civil manner.

So when I looked back at my school days we had clubs that were political, during campaigns people were active to their political beliefs, we had gun clubs, outside of vulgar remarks there was no limits on wear...Is MAGA vulgar?

Is today better as we keep narrowing everything down to some bland form of interaction?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So if one MAGA hat causes the liberals to flee the classroom, can we extrapolate and assume if enough people wear MAGA hats, liberals will flee the country?

I'll take ten.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Wow! Some teenager refusing to follow the schools rules, which is pretty much at every school, to take your hat off while in school. I assume that's the teacher and of course this kid refuses to take off his hat and I'm supposed to think he's the victim here?

Well maybe if I was a rebellious teenager once again I might see eye to eye but I'm not, and I don't. Of course this thread gets lots of attention from conservatives, probably all railing against teachers, the educational system, and of course Librulsss!

Conservatives and self inflicted victim hood is getting beyond stupid at this point.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join