It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 Hopeful Kamala Harris set to lose committee seat on Judiciary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You won't see this too much in the news but the mid terms are having a strong effect on at least one highly vocal anti-Trump Senator. Kamala Harris.

Senate Democrats’ midterm losses have created a dilemma for the party’s leadership over a key committee seat held by Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), a prospective 2020 presidential contender who is at risk of having to forfeit the high-profile assignment and the national spotlight that comes with it.

Since there is a new seat for the R's in the Senate one D member will have to leave the Senate Judiciary Committee which is a very powerful appointment. How long did it take them to make it about race? C'mon now....this is the left!

“Not only would it be unconscionable to remove the only African American woman from the committee, but Sen. Harris also is the most skilled questioner on the entire panel,” said Brian Fallon, executive director of Demand Justice, a liberal advocacy group challenging Trump’s nominations for federal judgeships. “Whatever options they need to consider, removing Harris should not be one of them. The backlash would be intense.”

She is also one of only two African Americans on the committee — the other being the Democrats’ next-most-junior member, Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), who also has presidential aspirations.

Shortly after the midterm elections, Harris told Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) that she wanted to stay on the Judiciary panel, according to her spokeswoman, Lily Adams. For Democrats who have repeatedly pointed out that the Republican side of the dais is all male and all white, the prospect of losing Harris is anathema.

“She’s a real lawyer, she is the real deal, she’s a pro, and she also happens to be an African American woman,” said Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), also a member of the panel. “She belongs on that committee . . . she is an ideal member.”

Backlash? Why is there always the threat of 'backlash' with the loser left? Now, they could allow her to stay like the Democrats did a few years back but with other R's leaving or retiring it may be time to start to make the committee smaller.

Link

This is a blow to her though for her 2020 aspirations. I guess she can just join Beto and the other losers to try to come up with who will lost to Trump in 2020.

I for one will be glad to see her and her grandstanding go away.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hahaha, that's awesome. She is a total grandstander, glad she isn't going anywhere.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

There goes that Avenatti/Harris ticket out the window.....

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

She’s a real lawyer, she is the real deal, she’s a pro, and she also happens to be an African American woman

I'm glad she is a real lawyer because the rest of those credentials don't matter. I'm gonna start putting a white man on my resume and see how many people praise me on that great achievement.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Arnie123

There goes that Avenatti/Harris ticket out the window.....

I think that one went out the window with the wife beating

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They want "special" treatment for one of theirs... go figure.

Numbers and seniority matter. R's would be foolish to make a deal - not sure it has ever happened before for this specific scenario/seat but it shouldn't boil down to skin color no matter what.

I have a box of tissues here, if anyone needs one....

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Maybe she will use her newfound free time to have surgery on her adnoids, eliminating that "nails on chalkboard" nasally vocal tone she uses.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Also, if the Dems had any sincerity and dignity left, they'd use this as the opportunity to toss their ranking member, Dianne Feinstein off the committee. She almost single handedly turned the Kavanaugh confirmation into a "what not to do" lesson when you're supposedly a "leader" within a political party.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not to mention Chinese spies, she's totally compromised.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Wall Street Democrats need to be stamped out into nonexistence.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Isn't she the loser commie who thinks ICE is like the KKK?

pfft.

She gives idiots a bad name.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

She’s a real lawyer, she is the real deal, she’s a pro, and she also happens to be an African American woman

I'm gonna start putting a white man on my resume and see how many people praise me on that great achievement.

Do you not like having a job?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Harris is the epitome of phony.

She loves MS13 and her own "style" makes her very smearable.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thought for sure Spartacus would be the one to go for releasing already released privileged information that he didn’t know was already released...clearly demonstrating his disdain for the Senate and the rules therein. Kind of like one can be convicted of buying baby powder if they “think” it’s coc aine.

We should be hearing that dismissing Harris as the most junior member of the committee is purely for racist reasons in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

They want "special" treatment for one of theirs... go figure.

Numbers and seniority matter. R's would be foolish to make a deal - not sure it has ever happened before for this specific scenario/seat but it shouldn't boil down to skin color no matter what.

I have a box of tissues here, if anyone needs one....

Well, they could make the deal that as soon as they (Rs) get the House back, she can stay!
edit on 26/11/2018 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
And we have a winner!!!!!!

Yes!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Most skilled questioner? Did they actually say that??

Wow. That's a damned low bar then...

new topics

top topics

join