It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a pandemic flu shot caused.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Narcolepsy (a chronic neurological disorder that affects the brain's ability to control sleep-wake cycles). Like what one of the girls deuce bigalow dated.

IT's doesn't appear that the vaccine itself caused it, it was the body's reaction to flight the flu off. If people got the flu, they probably still would have gotten narcolepsy.

Then it comes back to the debate(hence mudpitt) is a vaccine worth the potential cause?

www.sciencemag.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
why do we need the flu shot aside from some people

the flu will not even put you in the hospital your more likaly to die of food posioning

its a scam to make a drug profitable that should not be

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

For most people, absolutely. Like all medical treatments, there are risks. The risks and statistics behind them are minuscule compared to the contrary.

I am not seeing the correlation with this article though. If the vaccine did not cause it, why was it risky? Or am I misreading.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

My flu shot was free.

It is also not necessarily the risk to just you. You may not get hospitalized by the flu, but children, elders, and those with unfortunate immune systems are at great risk.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

My flu shot was free.

It is also not necessarily the risk to just you. You may not get hospitalized by the flu, but children, elders, and those with unfortunate immune systems are at great risk.

free how you didnt pay for it .... that dosent make it free the company that made it still "SOLD" it to someone

and everyone take it ... how offten its estimated it loses 16 percent effectivness every month after the shot and it is less and less effective eatch dose www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.precisionvaccinations.com...

to tell everyone to take it seems stupid people at risk should but you know keep tossing it at everyone like we did with antibiotics that worked out wonderful for us

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If it wasn't for antibiotics, I would be dead - so it did work out wonderful for me. I may not represent the population, but my experiences will absolutely make me a defender of vaccines.

While it is true someone pays for each shot, many people don't have to pay for their individual shot. I am by far not advocating for big pharma, but getting a free vaccination is the best of both world in my opinion.

It is true it because less effective as it wears on. It also takes weeks to kick in That is why they recommend you getting two flu shots a year if you live and work in a high risk environment or if you are a high risk candidate. I would prefer some coverage over no coverage.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
As lewis black once said,
getting a flu shot gives you a cold for 365 days.
You never get the flu, but you've always got a cold.

Nothing is free.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I usually do not get the flu, but if I get the shot I sure get a reaction to the shot. If that is how the flu feels, I am glad I do not get it. I may get a little one day event if anything, the wife gets so pissed at me. Some meds actually do make me more susceptable to stuff like pleuracy and bronchitis but I do alright with avoiding the flu virus.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Then it comes back to the debate(hence mudpitt) is a vaccine worth the potential cause?

Depends on the disease.

If I'm a framer or a mechanic and I'm around the potential of impaling myself with rusty metal on a daily basis, I'm probably opting for the Tetanus shot. If I fill Build-A-Bears with filling and then spend my evenings on a couch gaming, I'll probably not even consider the Tetanus shot.

If it's a highly debilitating disease, like Polio, I'm probably erring on the side of caution. If it's the MMR vaccine, where a chance of sever effects from the disease is rather unlikely, I'll pass.

I've had the actual flu twice in my life, and it sucked hardcore butt cheek--and I still opt out of getting the shot because of how much or a dice roll it is, both in its effectiveness, how I react to it, and honestly, I don't consider it a bad enough illness at my age and health to inject myself with immunization.

It's a personal choice based on me and me alone, and it's what works for me. When I start getting the flu more often, I might reconsider and start getting the shot, but until then...

And I have asthma...one of those high-risk folks, apparently.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No, no, you're not paying attention--it's like all of the pro-vaxxers say, you can't get sick from the flu shot.

You must be mistaken

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: rickymouse

No, no, you're not paying attention--it's like all of the pro-vaxxers say, you can't get sick from the flu shot.

You must be mistaken

Actually the cytokine storm some people get from the shots is on many medical sites, even the pharmaceutical companies talk about these being a reason not to get another flu shot because the storm can kill you.

The pro-vaxxers don't even look at sites like MAYO clinic or the sites of the companies that make the vaccines. I think the FDA also has information on that storm possibility.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You can absolutely have adverse reactions to the flu shot. You can get the flu after you get the flu shot.

The flu shot doesn't give you the flu though. That is where most people are incorrect.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

If it wasn't for antibiotics, I would be dead - so it did work out wonderful for me. I may not represent the population, but my experiences will absolutely make me a defender of vaccines.

While it is true someone pays for each shot, many people don't have to pay for their individual shot. I am by far not advocating for big pharma, but getting a free vaccination is the best of both world in my opinion.

It is true it because less effective as it wears on. It also takes weeks to kick in That is why they recommend you getting two flu shots a year if you live and work in a high risk environment or if you are a high risk candidate. I would prefer some coverage over no coverage.

if it wasent for antibiotic over use we would not be on a endless cycle of new antibiotics and antibiotic resistant infections

www.statnews.com...

www.who.int...

having a little protection now but reducing the protection later in life when its needed is a really bad plan

im not a anti vacc but im not going to blindly take a shot every year without really needing it

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Definitely don't do anything blindly. Especially when it comes to putting things into your body. I am pro vax, but I don't think a flu shot should be mandatory.

It doesn't necessarily reduce protection later. They are still doing a lot of research on positive vs negative interference. In same cases, you can be more protected from the flu if you were vaccinated the year before. It all depends on the strain of flu that is determined to be most likely and therefore vaccinated against that season.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Definitely don't do anything blindly. Especially when it comes to putting things into your body. I am pro vax, but I don't think a flu shot should be mandatory.

It doesn't necessarily reduce protection later. They are still doing a lot of research on positive vs negative interference. In same cases, you can be more protected from the flu if you were vaccinated the year before. It all depends on the strain of flu that is determined to be most likely and therefore vaccinated against that season.

Although more research is needed, it's now believed that annual flu shots may make it harder for the immune system to fight off new strains of the virus that show up after immunization.

this is one of the things

the flu shot being pushed on people with no real risk is profit driven nothing more

if it wasent this information alone would stop them from recomending healthy people take it untell they know for shure

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A few of my friends get the shot. They get sick a lot. I haven't had a shot in 25 years. Had the flu once for a day about 10 years ago. And they tell me I should get it. Being a plumber, I'm around nasty stuff all the time and I haven't even had a cold in 5 years. Someone even told me once I couldn't come into her home if I wasn't vaccinated. Her whole family was vaccinated. I told her if that's the case, why get vaccinated if you can still get the flu? She took her business elsewhere,lol.
edit on 26-11-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

the flu will not even put you in the hospital your more likaly to die of food posioning

I don't know exactly where you get your medical facts, but according to the CDC, 80,000 people died last flu season.180 of those were infants. www.cdc.gov...

top topics

join