It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocasio-Cortez compares members of migrant caravan to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
She's the new Hillary for the right. They're completely obsessed and must discuss her every move/word, and take a lot of it out of context to make her look bad.

I'm sure Bill wishes she was "the new Hillary".

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Mommy, Joey said a bad word to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what I got from that post. And no, News orgs should not shove opinion or inflammatory headlines into their lead stories. Headlines which do not match the so-called facts in the article itself.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

LOL, I'd trade up in a second.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Definitely, it's hard to find actual news anymore.

Water, water everywhere. But not a drop to drink.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Mommy, Joey said a bad word to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what I got from that post. And no, News orgs should not shove opinion or inflammatory headlines into their lead stories. Headlines which do not match the so-called facts in the article itself.

Lol, then I assume that when you re read your own op you thought the same about yourself?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

She went for broke with the pulling of heartstrings. It didn't work out.

We have Hitler and holocaust fatigue. Sorry. That card has been played far too many times.

There is no comparison with genocide and economic, work-based migration.

FFS.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I'm sure Bill wishes she was "the new Hillary".

I LOL'd

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Muninn

That's what happens when you make idiotic statements like her.

She says some stupid things, but... (sorry, whataboutism) far, far less stupid things than our president and a lot less lies.

for future reference, what is the daily amount that is acceptable? I think that is an important number to comprehend, and you seem to be the authority on it.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I re-read it 3 times and no, not really.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'm not sure just what this woman is on, but I would like to give it a try just one time.

She don't even make sense to a "crack head".

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

That wasn't the point as much as it was the headline was designed made her tweet look far worse than it really was.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Nobody is saying she is a genius, and every article title, and the picture that usually accompanies a story about her, are 100% tabloid fodder type articles. The OP is about everyone really, not just Cortez.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

So... It's not a problem that she said it, it's just a problem that it was reported that she said it?
How does that make any sense?

She's an incredibly ignorant person, and a malicious neo-communist zealot, who has been made one of the faces of the democrat party. What she says is definitely open for public criticism.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That is kind of like saying that someone who has suffered an unwanted "boob brush" or butt squeeze/tap is basically the same as a person who suffered tribalistic gang rape - since they both suffered "sexual abuse".

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

AOC should invite them all to permanently settle in her district!

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Did you read the OP or just see the Headline and skim? And, BTW, WHO made her the face of the Democrat party? Why it's FOX "news"! She is not even seated yet ffs.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

From what I have read....they already are. Personally, I welcome new blood as opposed to entrenched 50 term morons....both D's AND R's. She will have no power, probably be on a small time committe, until she can get Pelosi'd.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: crayzeed

OK, I said that wrong, but her specific tweet is not wrong.

“Asking to be considered a refugee & applying for status isn’t a crime."

So she is correct as per your statement. But the OP is more about the inflammatory headline.

No she isn't.

It's not a crime to claim refugee status ... until you jump right over the first country you come to where you are supposed to apply for that status because that country isn't good enough for you which is what they did. They poo-pooed Mexico and claim-jumped right to the US. That's not how that works. If they were truly after refugee status. Mexico was the first safe country where they should have applied.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So she's getting the Todd Akin treatment? Stupid people get what's coming to them.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I thought that too, but if you check out this thread, I provided some links that seem to dispute that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join