It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme fatty lliver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be able to turn this around?

I am taking lupibile.

In the past, I have taken silymarin, krill, and glutathione.

They helped by normalizing sgpt and sgot levels but a recent ultrasound revealed a worsening fatty liver described as extreme and bladder sludge.

I don't smoke nor drink alcohol at all; never have.

The doctor has told me my tummy aches may be because of this and that there is a danger of cirrhosis.

If that happens, that's it.

The doctor won't even take me seriously when I say it's not due to alcohol.

What else can I do?
edit on 26-11-2018 by reject because: Sgot

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

If it isn't caused by alcohol then you perhaps need to change your diet.

Most people with NAFLD won't develop any serious problems, but if you're diagnosed with the condition it's a good idea to take steps to stop it getting any worse.
There's currently no specific medication for NAFLD, but making healthy lifestyle choices can help.
www.nhs.uk...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I'm no expert but as a pretty heavy drinker, I can confirm that Avocados are extremely good for your liver.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Fish oil (omega 3) capsules and water soluble fiber can help lower LDL.
Get up and exercise.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sugar is really bad. As are too many grains. Minimize those, eat more salads, veggies...

I had a doctor that looked at me badly when my liver enzymes were all elevated, mine was caused by junk food binging. Too much sugar.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Ketogenic diet with tons of bitter leafy greens. The veg will help detox the liver, the keto should burn off some of that fat.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

My diet isn't high in cholesterol either.

I have been getting acidic.

I don't know if it's related.

I know when I am unhappy, I get acidic stomach.

Years ago, when doctors learned of my chronic fatty liver, they said I might develop diabetes.

I think it's my genetic predisposition.

I used to have a sweet tooth but I don't think it was too much.

I think my body is just doing this on its own.

My father is diabetic but last time I checked I wasn't...yet.

I have low testosterone.

Long ago, high cortisol.

A few years ago, high phosphorus.

And that lupibile is expensive for me; and, from what I gather, not a sure treatment.

I think our bodies are meant to self destruct to feed the bacteria that will decompose us.

We get higher cholesterol to provide them with more calories.

Ideally, I'd like to be totally cremated though.

That's like giving the dirty finger to nature and the circle of life.

Lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject
a reply to: gortex

My diet isn't high in cholesterol either.

I have been getting acidic.

I don't know if it's related.

I know when I am unhappy, I get acidic stomach.

Years ago, when doctors learned of my chronic fatty liver, they said I might develop diabetes.

I think it's my genetic predisposition.

I used to have a sweet tooth but I don't think it was too much.

I think my body is just doing this on its own.

My father is diabetic but last time I checked I wasn't...yet.

I have low testosterone.

Long ago, high cortisol.

A few years ago, high phosphorus.

And that lupibile is expensive for me; and, from what I gather, not a sure treatment.

I think our bodies are meant to self destruct to feed the bacteria that will decompose us.

We get higher cholesterol to provide them with more calories.

Ideally, I'd like to be totally cremated though.

That's like giving the dirty finger to nature and the circle of life.

Lol.

Believer is correct, go Keto with lots of leafy greens, avoid any and all starchy food - bread, cake, potatoes - and get a small amount of carbs through veggies like broccoli, carrots etc.

The ketones should help burn off the fat, don't worry about cholesterol, it's impossible to eat too much. You get build ups of cholesterol through other poor diet choices (too much sugar).

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Just this weekend my aunt discussed a book on Liver Cleansing...sorry don't have the name, but it's searchable.

Basic detoxing just the liver, the routine nutritionally seems sound. (she's a nurse herself)...

Please search it out...by a doctor and a recent publication...free download PDF file

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
have you looked into milk thistle? that is really a good herb for detoxing liver/kidney

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I have the same problem as you for some time and my blood is tested yearly

have had it for 20 or so years. I took milk thistle for a while as I heard it was

good for the liver but nothing changed over a two year period, so I stopped.

I have acid reflux as well for which I take a daily does of perscribed

lansoprazole.

I am living with it and have no adverse symptoms I am otherwise very fit.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

High cortisol is a problem. Cortisol will convert muscle into sugar, and reduce stomach acid, which ironically causes acid reflux, as your stomach is not acidic enough to tell your body to keep the acid down in the stomach. Low stomach acid allows H. Pylori to grow, which results in ulcers. When I was younger, if I got angry enough, I could literally think myself into a stomach ulcer in a matter of hours.

Do what you can to reduce stress. Start with low intensity exercise, and work your way up to weight lifting. If you do that along with the high veggie keto, it should help balance your hormones and reduce stress/anxiety/depression. Exercise, intermittent fasting, and good quality sleep will trigger a release of human growth hormone, which does a lot to slow the aging process, as well as heal the body.

Diet plays a big role in health maintenance, but even more so does mental attitude. If you have a poor outlook on life, you're health will begin to reflect that.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest"Cortisol will convert muscle into sugar"

I am inclined to believe this.

So if I try to build muscle, it will just raise my blood sugar?

Wonderful...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

a reply to: Fools

Milk thistle's active component is silymarin which stimulates the liver to produce glutathione.

Like I said, it normalized sgpt/sgot to a point but the fatty liver stayed and worsened.

It misled me to think I no longer had fatty liver.

I was gravely mistaken.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

If you follow a healthy diet (keto works best for me), then muscle building will actually bring your blood sugar levels under control; but more importantly, it will help you reverse insulin resistance. If you're obese or have liver problems, its almost certain that you've developed a resistance to insulin.

For most people, 45 minutes of high intensity exercise maximizes human growth hormone, which is good for muscle building. Anything longer than 45 minutes of high intensity will usually trigger a cortisol response in most people, which would be counter productive. If you have high cortisol already, then it might be best to start with low intensity exercise first; long walks, mild weight lifting, light stretching. This should help your body get cortisol under control, at which point, you should be able to graduate to a more intense workout.

High intensity exercise usually works best in short bursts with short intervals of rest; like running short sprints then resting to prevent a cortisol spike, or doing some weight reps, and resting. Short bursts of exercise, and short periods of rest. Repeat the intervals several times. Stop after 45 minutes. Don't push yourself too hard.

Breathing techniques can also be helpful for getting cortisol under control. Simply slow your breathing down to about 10 second long inhales and 10 second long exhales. It doesn't have to be perfect, just a rough approximation. Do that for 5 to 10 minutes straight, and I guarantee that you'll feel calmer.

Cut back on caffeine for a while if you're a coffee drinker. Don't drink soda. No living creature should ever ingest soda...ever.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I was in a similar situation to yours. Not quite as bad, but I am way too young to have liver problems, and my enzymes where high, my blood sugar was all over the place, and I was already pre-hypertensive. These videos caused me to explore the ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting as a solution. I have since reversed my early onset symptoms of metabolic syndrome. I urge you to do your own research, make your own decisions. IMO, most doctors are too indoctrinated in outdated information, which really centers around a lot of misconceptions about the human metabolism.

I don't believe its ever too late to improve your health. The body is built to heal. Its just a matter of learning how to let it happen.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Check these out:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

As some posters suggested a low Carb diet will help you out. Here are 2 videos with some information relevant.

1.What Causes a Fatty Liver: 4 Ways to Fix

2. Liver Health: Detox the Liver with These 3 Foods: Thomas DeLauer

Peace

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The videos posted by ColeYounger and Seed76 will definitely help you out if you follow their advice closely. Dr. Eric Berg, Thomas Delaure, and Dr. Ken Berry offer a lot of good information that is backed up by some new research.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, that is a lot of information.

My diet is mainly carbohydrates so that's definitely going to be a tough one.

It will take me some time to get through these videos.

For now, avocados look good but I usually put sugar and milk with it.

Thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join