It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Justice Demands the Unequal Treatment of Individuals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It is for me, why should Asians who worked hard for their grades and test scores have those grades and scores count for less simply because they are Asian?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: highvein

It's evident what direction this thread is heading.

adios...

There goes your comment about being for more dialog.

this thread isn't about dialog, it's about nitpicking and insults, as your post clearly indicates.

Yet you were talking to me, and I never insulted you, and neither did that poster......

How do you feel this poster insulted you?

Be honest...this thread is about ragging on anyone not conservative and a trump supporter. Not dialog! It's your established pattern.

edit on 25-11-2018 by olaru12 because: oralje brenda

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: ketsuko

I am a logical realist.

There's general and then there is specific.

But there are laws against specific cases, and specific instances do not need blanket legislation aimed at lifting an entire group at the expense of a whole other group. As we've already mentioned, not every member of a so-called victim group shares the circumstances of their oppressed fellow, so to aim legislation at remedying the perceived sleights of one will over-advantage some, under-advantage others, and damage still more in ways never intended and worse than you ever thought you were going to, and in the end, no one is actually equal which was the stated point of the exercise to begin with.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Actually quite a few Democrats I know don't agree with this. So I disagree.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

adios...

this thread isn't about dialog, it's about nitpicking and insults, as your post clearly indicates.

Yet you were talking to me, and I never insulted you, and neither did that poster......

Be honest...this thread is about ragging on anyone not conservative and a trump supporter. Not dialog! It's your established pattern.

If that's your mentality, then the thread obviously never will be about that because you never came to it with that intent.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Annee

And why should Asians who worked hard for their grades and test scores have those grades and scores count for less simply because they are Asian?

They shouldn't.

Some things are concrete.

But, suicide is very high in these students.

I'd say companies today want well rounded people. There's more and more push to have a compatible work force.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So the implication of what you wrote is that either an Asian workforce is incompatible or that a workforce comprised of the most qualified is incompatible?

Help me understand. I know workforces what diversity, but that shouldn't be the end in and of itself. That sort of says to me it's more important to see the UN in your employee base than it is to know that you have competent people. I'd rather than competent people than know I have a rainbow to see. If I happen to wind up with both, that's great, but I'm not going to turn down qualified people just to paint a rainbow.
edit on 25-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

adios...

If that's your mentality, then the thread obviously never will be about that because you never came to it with that intent.

Thanks for confirming my original premise.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

adios...

Seriously!!!!

It's like real conversations are a thing of the past on ATS.

This is a good -- legitimate topic.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Actually saying it's an issue of intellect or talent would be a racist thought. Are black people inherently stupid? Are they lacking in talent?

I agree, in that it seems like they are saying that depending on your race you are not as capable.

I often wonder how much of this "opression" is not self induced by buying into the idea that so many are pushing on them, that depending on your race you are less likely to rise above........that seems like opression of the human spirit by race....

Where I come from everyone was poor, my family came off the reservation....we didnt buy into that bs.....nor did we believe it, be believed in rising above not just despite our situation, but BECAUSE of it, it gave us strength and purpose to do better......

It's an issue of hard work. It would be like saying yeah you worked 40 hours, and they worked 20 hours, but we don't like you got paid more so we are paying you all for 20 hours.

Well I think I understand what youre saying there....yes very true, its an equalizing of whats is, individual unequal, not everyones intellect , or effort is the same! nor should it be held to the same standard........bravo bud.....

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

adios...

Thanks for confirming my original premise.

Except you never actually seem to discuss much. You are busy making snide comments or bragging about your current lifestyle.

Do you actually have something to contribute? Or are you just going to whine some more about how you shouldn't bother because you *know* how this will go?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

adios...

My established pattern?

Have you SEEN my numerous posts that are anti trump during the election cycle? Go look.......

I have no "Pattern" of being pro trump or ragging, my pattern is trying to be balanced while being unapologetic of my stance.....

What youre doing now is projecting , no one insulted you, I didnt insult you, and I have yet to insult anyone on this thread that I dont traditionally agree with.....

Dont put that on me........youre the one doing that.....and shutting down dialog......

Go ahead, read through my responses on this thread and tell me where I have ragged on anyone .........infact I have starred every single post in this thread regardless of whether I normally agree with them or not......

I caution not to let your bias control what you read and reply before you decide that someone else has done it........
edit on 11/25/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

So the implication of what you wrote is that either an Asian workforce is incompatible or that a workforce comprised of the most qualified is incompatible?

No.

Even in my lifetime -- women in power positions was a novelty.

Dynamics are changing.

Compatibility with co-workers almost outweighs job requirements.

It's a different world.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

adios...

Seriously!!!!

It's like real conversations are a thing of the past on ATS.

This is a good -- legitimate topic.

Which im trying to have , but apparently even in doing so , im being shut down.........and im not saying you are, but its clear we can see there are people that try and those that dont, and that comes from both sides.......

What we NEED to do as people , is be the ones that rise above that, and be the ones who can have that dialog and again.......find the common ground.....discuss the disagreements, but find how we can GET to that common ground.....and remember we are still all in this together
edit on 11/25/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I don't know. That's making the assumption that women get along wonderful with everyone else. I think they tend to turn the office into a passive aggressive mean girls' club working in an office full of women.

You always know where you stand with the men, and I like that much, much better.

I don't think there is anything more or less about a woman in terms of compatibility, just a change in style.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I don't know. That's making the assumption that women get along wonderful with everyone else. I think they tend to turn the office into a passive aggressive mean girls' club working in an office full of women.

You always know where you stand with the men, and I like that much, much better.

I don't think there is anything more or less about a woman in terms of compatibility, just a change in style.

You are reading/interpreting stuff into it I never said.

People are mixing more at work. We don't have male jobs & women jobs anymore.

We have LGBT & disabled & seniors going back to work, etc.

Just being a brilliant student may not be enough.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Well colleges subtract from their scores because of social justice. It's wrong.

Everyone should be free to succeed without impediments placed in their way.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I just have to ask... why do you put LGBT in with disabled and seniors?

Asking for a woman friend...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I just have to ask... why do you put LGBT in with disabled and seniors?

Asking for a woman friend...

People are people. Why are you dividing them?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Well colleges subtract from their scores because of social justice. It's wrong.

Everyone should be free to succeed without impediments placed in their way.

I am against that -- and I did read that thread.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join