It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reply to worst ads ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I tried to reply to the ocficial thread, but kept getting bombarded with congrats you won type ads. Sometimes they show up as a you have s virus to take a survey.

All of them are a pop up that takes you to a secondary site that will not allow you to leave unless you hit the ok button. Then they want you to do something else such as take a survey or give your info to them. Never done that so I don't know what comes next.

If I'm lucky enough I can hit the menu button at the top of the search bar in crome on my lg stylo 3 phone. Go to history delete the offensive ad usually 2 to 3 pages. Then go back to the origional page I was using.

Well when trying to reply to the official thread I had at least six pages with more poping up in history as I was trying to delete them the first time I got to history. As soon as I got back to the thread it started again, and I has to go to my homepage on Crome.

Finally got back here. Sorry this seems to be the only way to reply. I did trky replying again with the same results. These types of ads only hapen when I'm on ATS. Love ATS, but don't like being forced off the thread I'm reading or trying to reply to.

You can move this to the official thread.

(post by blueman12 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by neutronflux removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Same, was pissing me off for awhile. It seems to be spastic.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Heads up for those that don't know..

I believe using an adblocker is against site T&Cs.

And yup, those redirects are pretty damn annoying.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady
I tried to reply to the ocficial thread, but kept getting bombarded with congrats you won type ads. Sometimes they show up as a you have s virus to take a survey.

All of them are a pop up that takes you to a secondary site that will not allow you to leave unless you hit the ok button. Then they want you to do something else such as take a survey or give your info to them. Never done that so I don't know what comes next.

If I'm lucky enough I can hit the menu button at the top of the search bar in crome on my lg stylo 3 phone. Go to history delete the offensive ad usually 2 to 3 pages. Then go back to the origional page I was using.

Well when trying to reply to the official thread I had at least six pages with more poping up in history as I was trying to delete them the first time I got to history. As soon as I got back to the thread it started again, and I has to go to my homepage on Crome.

Finally got back here. Sorry this seems to be the only way to reply. I did trky replying again with the same results. These types of ads only hapen when I'm on ATS. Love ATS, but don't like being forced off the thread I'm reading or trying to reply to.

You can move this to the official thread.

Makes visiting the site on a phone completely impossible. I get redirected every few seconds. They aren't pop ups, they are flat out redirects.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This congratulation ad is making ATS unusable.

This is the only website that it pops up on.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Please post your ad issues here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join