It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Migrants Breach Wall, Throw Rocks, Get Gassed Back To Mexico - Videos

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
also to note more specifically:
The US role in the Honduras coup and subsequent violence-

....a number of U.S. officials -- most notably then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- played an important role in preventing Zelaya’s return to office and the junta consolidating its power in the face of massive nonviolent protests.
www.ncronline.org...

How US policy in Honduras set the stage for today's migration
theconversation.com...

Since the coup, writes historian Dana Frank, “a series of corrupt administrations has unleashed open criminal control of Honduras, from top to bottom of the government.” The Trump administration’s recognition, in December 2017, of President Juan Orlando Hernández’s re-election—after a process marked by deep irregularities, fraud and violence. This continues Washington’s longstanding willingness to overlook official corruption in Honduras as long as the country’s ruling elites serve what are defined as U.S. economic and geopolitical interests.

Organized crime, drug traffickers and the country’s police heavily overlap. The frequent politically motivated killings are rarely punished. In 2017, Global Witness, an international nongovernmental organization, found that Honduras was the world’s deadliest country for environmental activists.

can't have your cake and your pudding too

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneckBecause someone is to blame for the problem and it should be made clear, to you and everyone, who to blame, if not.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It's a bit like the in the Monty Python Holy Grail movie where they futilely throw themselves against a castle wall.

I mean, really,

Where are the siege ladders?

Where are the ranged weapons?

Are they going to beat down the concrete barriers with foldable strollers?

These guys are crap at invading.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: dojozen

I'll agree we do not need to be in the business of regime change around the globe. But I fail to see how that means we should be drug down to the level of other countries. Wouldn't it be better to raise them to our level?

TheRedneck

In a previous post, someone said that the migrants attempts to enter the US was an affront to sovereignty.

Yet the US has attempted to 'raise to their level' of many countries and sent 'peacekeeping' troops (often unrequested) everywhere.

Where, and when, is the sovereignty of other countries ever respected by the US?

Did the European migrants respect the sovereignty of the Native Americans?

edit on 26/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Let's review history...
en.wikipedia.org...

List of wars involving the United States

Partial list:

Cherokee–American wars
(1776–1795)

Northwest Indian War
(1785–1793)

Tecumseh's War
(1811)

Part of the American Indian Wars and the War of 1812

War of 1812
(1812–1815)

Creek War
(1813–1814)
Part of the American Indian Wars and the War of 1812

First Seminole War
(1817–1818)
Part of the Seminole Wars and the American Indian Wars

Texas–Indian wars
(1820–1875)
Part of the American Indian Wars and the Mexican Indian Wars

Winnebago War
(1827)
Part of the American Indian Wars

Black Hawk War
(1832)

Second Seminole War
(1835–1842)
Part of the Seminole Wars and the American Indian Wars Location: Florida, United States

Mexican–American War
(1846–1848)

Cayuse War
(1847–1855)
Part of the American Indian Wars Location: Oregon

Apache Wars
(1851–1900)
Part of the Texas–Indian wars Location: Southwestern United States

Puget Sound War
(1855–1856)
Part of the American Indian Wars Location: Washington

Rogue River Wars
(1855–1856)

Third Seminole War
Part of the Seminole Wars and the American Indian Wars
(1855–1858)

Yakima War
(1855–1858) Location: Washington Territory

Navajo Wars
(1858–1866) Location: New Mexico

First and Second Cortina War
(1859–1861)

Paiute War
(1860) Location: Pyramid Lake, Nevada

Yavapai Wars
(1861–1875)

Dakota War of 1862
(1862)

Colorado War
(1863–1865)

Snake War
(1864–1868)
Locations: Oregon, Nevada, California, and Idaho

Powder River War
(1865)

Red Cloud's War
(1866–1868)

Comanche Campaign
(1867–1875)

Modoc War
(1872–1873)

Red River War
(1874–1875)

Las Cuevas War
(1875)

Great Sioux War of 1876
(1876–1877)

Buffalo Hunters' War
(1876–1877)

Nez Perce War
(1877)

Bannock War
(1878)

Cheyenne War
(1878–1879)
Location: Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota and Montana

Sheepeater Indian War
(1879)

Victorio's War
(1879–1881)

White River War
(1879–1880)

Pine Ridge Campaign
(1890–1891)

Garza Revolution
(1891–1893)

Yaqui Wars
(1896–1918)

Crazy Snake Rebellion
(1909)

Border War
(1910–1919)
Part of the Mexican Revolution

Occupation of Nicaragua
(1912–1933)
Part of the Banana Wars

Bluff War
(1914–1915)

Occupation of Veracruz
(1914)
Part of the Mexican Revolution

Occupation of Haiti
(1915–1934)
Part of the Banana Wars

Occupation of the Dominican Republic
(1916–1924)
Part of the Banana Wars

Last Indian Uprising
(1923)

Insurgency in Bolivia
(1966–1967)
Part of the Cold War

Invasion of Panama
(1989–1990)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

you would think they knew the human ladder trick or DIY stroller convert to grappling hook..

edit on 26-11-2018 by dojozen because: another thought on how to get over the wall

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Actually, the Posse Comitatus Act can be suspended for a number of reasons, and a hoard of migrants attempting to penetrate our borders sure seems like it would be a reason allowed by law:

These changes were included in the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122), which was signed into law on October 17, 2006.[7]

Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies." It provided that:

The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

Wiki "Posse Comitatus Act"

You might also note that it also does not apply in many situations, one of which being (underlining mine):

There are a number of situations in which the Act does not apply. These include:

Enforcement of federal law at the discretion of the President of the United States, such as with the 101st Airborne Division by President Dwight D. Eisenhower to integrate Little Rock Central High School in 1957

So, sure, the National Guard is generally the go-to, but as you can see, there are obvious and available avenues where the military can be used on American soil and not be in violation of the PCA.

ETA: My apologies if this has already been pointed out ad nauseam, but it's exceptionally relevant to the claims that some make that the military can not take an active role down at the border.

edit on 26-11-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Krakatoa

And the definition of "is" is what again?

You're the one using language to try and determine law, along with personal preferences. As if a word should prevent us from doing the right thing

It doesn't matter. These asylum laws were put in place for a reason

Economics, politics, war, climate change - these things are not going away. We have to take some responsibility for much of it. What we have now is a conflict of philosophy and approaches to a remedy

Uhhh... They Jews weren't looking for jobs. They were trying to get out of a gas shower and a community dirt nap.

The problem isn't Hitler and his country genociding Jews... It's drugs and gangs, much like we have in the US. The Cartels are their countries problem. Not the US. It's not a reason for them to be in the US. It's not what the law was created for.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

True, they are still legally struggling with anti-white land-theft in SA, thanks to our negotiated constitution. Things don't always go their way. They are working on it tirelessly however.

Anyway, not to divert, but the demands the far-left make are pretty predictable.

I mean we saw exactly the same thing in Germany 2015.
That is until Hungary put a stop to it.

But you can see the attitude of these people.
Today the border; tomorrow your house.
It all belongs to us.

Not only that, but most of them have been indoctrinated with extreme hatred for whites - believe it or not.
But if they gain the power, it's goodnight USA.

I can't tell if you're talking about SA or USA. Apparently it's pretty similar to your description.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Uhhh... Factor in Cost of LIVING foo!

I can go there and live like a king where here, the man is keeping me down with my current salary and I'm considered middle class.

You're looking at numbers but numbers didn't factor in how low cost everything is.

Also... I don't know 1 person that works less than full time (under 40 hours). Yeah I agree there are a lot of part timers out there.... Burger King, WalMart etc... But those aren't exactly decent jobs. Those are low wage jobs.

Not to mention, you're using MINIMUM WAGE. Those people need to start somewhere. You want them to make full time electrician pay? Or maybe VP pay... How leftist is your thinking? It's not like they're going to get even minimum wage in the US. They're not documented... We pay cheap for cheap labor. Why do you think they call it cheap labor? We use them for that exact purpose. Is that humane? Didn't think so.

Pipe dream man... Pipe dream.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It's a bit like the in the Monty Python Holy Grail movie where they futilely throw themselves against a castle wall.

Huh? Did you even see MPaTHG? There is no such scene POSER! You lied upon the Ggggggrail! Never speak falsely about the Python. This is WAR!

Fake News bub...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen
also to note more specifically:
The US role in the Honduras coup and subsequent violence-

....a number of U.S. officials -- most notably then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- played an important role in preventing Zelaya’s return to office and the junta consolidating its power in the face of massive nonviolent protests.
www.ncronline.org...

How US policy in Honduras set the stage for today's migration
theconversation.com...

Since the coup, writes historian Dana Frank, “a series of corrupt administrations has unleashed open criminal control of Honduras, from top to bottom of the government.” The Trump administration’s recognition, in December 2017, of President Juan Orlando Hernández’s re-election—after a process marked by deep irregularities, fraud and violence. This continues Washington’s longstanding willingness to overlook official corruption in Honduras as long as the country’s ruling elites serve what are defined as U.S. economic and geopolitical interests.

Organized crime, drug traffickers and the country’s police heavily overlap. The frequent politically motivated killings are rarely punished. In 2017, Global Witness, an international nongovernmental organization, found that Honduras was the world’s deadliest country for environmental activists.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
the vast majority of asylum

So, Mexico offered asylum. Why did they refuse?

Because with Mexican minimum wage being what it is (about $5 US/week), it wasn't much of an offer, perhaps?

yeah compared to their home country with no income 5 bucks is a windfall.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Krakatoa

And the definition of "is" is what again?

You're the one using language to try and determine law, along with personal preferences. As if a word should prevent us from doing the right thing

It doesn't matter. These asylum laws were put in place for a reason

Economics, politics, war, climate change - these things are not going away. We have to take some responsibility for much of it. What we have now is a conflict of philosophy and approaches to a remedy

Uhhh... They Jews weren't looking for jobs. They were trying to get out of a gas shower and a community dirt nap.

The problem isn't Hitler and his country genociding Jews... It's drugs and gangs, much like we have in the US. The Cartels are their countries problem. Not the US. It's not a reason for them to be in the US. It's not what the law was created for.

Honduras 2017/2018 - Amnesty International

Guatemala 2017/2018 - Amnesty International

So, they are NOT just "looking for jobs".

... and the US needs to be made culpable for its covert creation and support of the drug trade across the world.

The CIA, Contras, Gangs, and Crack - Institute for Policy Studies

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They are coming here to expand the drug trade because of all the issues of legalizing pot and losing jobs there. professional pot farmers headed this way

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Uhhh... Factor in Cost of LIVING foo!

I can go there and live like a king where here, the man is keeping me down with my current salary and I'm considered middle class.

You're looking at numbers but numbers didn't factor in how low cost everything is.

Also... I don't know 1 person that works less than full time (under 40 hours). Yeah I agree there are a lot of part timers out there.... Burger King, WalMart etc... But those aren't exactly decent jobs. Those are low wage jobs.

But there are a lot of people employed in those low-wage, part-time, jobs.

You can't just throw away relevant data. I'm pretty sure that very few Americans are billionaires, but you can't use billionaire data as if it were a good average. You have to use everything.

That is the other thing, these migrants see only afluent Americans on the media. Even the president talks things up rather than face the truth of homelessness, imprisonment and poverty. The migrants believe the lie that the US is the land of opportunity and the home of the free 'cause that is all they ever see.

Not to mention, you're using MINIMUM WAGE. Those people need to start somewhere. You want them to make full time electrician pay? Or maybe VP pay... How leftist is your thinking? It's not like they're going to get even minimum wage in the US. They're not documented... We pay cheap for cheap labor. Why do you think they call it cheap labor? We use them for that exact purpose. Is that humane? Didn't think so.

Pipe dream man... Pipe dream.

Of course, if they are granted asylum, they won't move into cushy jobs. The majority will get the minimum wage and no more. In the US or in Mexico.

But if they do accept asylum (on the Mexican or US terms of asylum), they wouldn't be undocumented.

So, they have a hope (should I say 'dream'?) of being a normal American, one day, if they can only just get 'in'.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
They are coming here to expand the drug trade because of all the issues of legalizing pot and losing jobs there. professional pot farmers headed this way

No, they are heavily disguised space aliens, come to put metal straws in our ears, and suck out all our mojo with their "Braino-Vac's"

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If the government can open fire on students at Kent State I don't see the problem blasting a bunch of immigrants. Maybe we should just go back to shooting college students (Question Mark)

In the videos they look like a bunch of well dressed and hungry rodents trying to steal a free meal. Legal or lead. If you're that well dressed you don't need to be in our country. The bums on our street look worse than those idiots.
edit on fMondayAmerica/Chicago1504699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Huh? Did you even see MPaTHG? There is no such scene POSER! You lied upon the Ggggggrail! Never speak falsely about the Python. This is WAR!

Fake News bub...

Pretty sure it is nearly the final scene where they attack the french taunter's castle with Arthur's army and the police come and break it up, arresting everyone.

The penultimate scene.

Could be Mandella Effect though. It's a vage recollection of Cleese & co banging away at a solid castle wall.

I think you are right. Mandela Effect! Wasn't there at all when I checked.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I appreciate your acknowledgment the borders should be secured and these people kept out and not allowed to charge in.

That's just how it should be, I don't think people should be allowed to illegally force entry, they should go through the legal process like everyone has to.

The President and his supporters think the same thing. Yet, somehow it’s ‘bigoted’?

You are misunderstanding, I don't think anyone is arguing due process shouldn't be upheld, some of us myself including are arguing this is not invasion and there a processes in place to deal with these things, this whole send the military crap was a ploy to generate fear and votes through that fear. This migrant caravan is not the first nor will it be the last.

Well see, due process doesn't apply here until after their status has been approved.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join