It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Migrants Breach Wall, Throw Rocks, Get Gassed Back To Mexico - Videos

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The migrants are going to find themselves deported from Mexico. I keep seeing the Mexican government moving towards that outcome. For example they just said anyone that had attempted to cross the border illegally will be deported. And are actively looking for them from videos this tells me they are looking for excuses to remove them from Mexico.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How many people in this Thread Voted in this mid term Election? Obviously not enough because we lost the House so Pelosi, Waters , Schumer , and the rest of these Leftist Ahass Clowns can fight President Trump in Everything he does to keep these Invaders out of our Country. We should have never allowed this to happen , and now the fight for our border has become that much harder to Defend . Anyone who Voted Democrat in the Mid Terms should be doing a Little Soul Searching Right Now .....

edit on 25-11-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

So my question is why are all the men dressed so well and who aren't starving fleeing then?

It is possible that some of these migrants are being paid to be there, similar to agent provocateurs at protests, I'm not saying that is the case but I wouldn't discount it either.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The 'asylum' seekers are as funny as how old westerns showed everyone as clean shaven and fresh pressed. Please. Those people smelled from no bathing, had shabby clothes most often and roamed. The people I see crossing have new clothes, wear makeup and some had no shoes on kids from pics I saw. Really?

NK is disarming. Russia hits Ukraine targets. Iran is really really getting worried about SA and Israel...and people are worried about migrants? Close the border. Repel on sight. Plenty of non-lethals especially if we know where they are coming in.

The US killed US citizens during the Waco raid. Do you think those who are tasked will think twice here?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm getting the distinct feeling - most people know the truth.

The message is US troops and border personnel - stand tall and do your your duty.

If you do not, the citizens will do it for you.

And that's a situation nobody wants.

(Not from the US, but the gist I'm getting.)

edit on 25-11-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Godforbid, but if the border patrol are deemed useless, one can actually have a situation where private militias start operating.

If they're defending their country, it could have some legitimacy.

Will they open fire if shot at?

I have an inkling they probably will.

The glocks versus the carbines.

But then you have a war, which is what they are trying to provoke.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If the US shoots - then you are a country officially at war.

I mean I support you in this case, just considering definitions.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As AC/DC might put it - flip, they've got you by the balls mate.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Not to be alarmist, but if you were born with a penis, like me, and you signed that select service thing - I find it all immensely troubling.

I want the US to be happy.

If Uncle Sam sneezes the world catches a cold.

Funny that way - they claim they want to be in the US, yet surely any idiot must know, they are destabilizing the US.

Hi, just looking for a job at the factory I just destroyed.

But that's the mentality, and why their countries were #holes to start with.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
the vast majority of asylum

So, Mexico offered asylum. Why did they refuse?

Because with Mexican minimum wage being what it is (about $5 US/week), it wasn't much of an offer, perhaps?

You Sr, are rotting inside

First you claimed it was $10 a week, then i explained the actual reality of how things work on Mexico, which you ignored conveniently, now you claim it is $5 a week!!! You are a liar, and you take pride on it, how can you live with yourself?

Here's the proof. Here you said

The offer of a Mexican work visa means that they would likely to be paid minimum wage. This just happens to be less than $10 a week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I explained reality here

But you ran away

Now you come with "Shameless lies version 2.0" "Now even more ludicrous than ever before!!!!"

Here's some actual facts, unlike your lies

Average salary in Mexico
tradingeconomics.com...

Like i said before, only kids would make $5 but not a week, that's a day's salary for a 13 year old doing handy work on someone's store, carrying cases of soda or stuff like that. It is a part time daily pay and this is for kids helping out to get some cash for school, doing small jobs

Someone already pointed out you lying about anything related to this as long as you can put up excuses and you are shameless, you keep going no matter what. Why?

Truth is, the Haitians did not had any problem getting jobs and starting a new life in Tijuana and they are liked so this is not about racism at all or xenophobia or whatever, they are growing and living good lives in Tijuana, they did not complain about beans and rice, or chicken with rice, and water and orange juice as well. Unlike the Hondurans that would take nothing but tacos, pizza and coke or throw away the free food if it was not the one they requested.

And also as i said before, i do live in Mexico, i have seen, they talk bad about Americans, could tell you a few things but i would probably get banned if i would repeat their exact words

You know nothing about their culture you are just parroting around about things you can't understand, you can't even begin to understand the way the live and how they think about you but you want them to succeed even if it means you are going to be spit on your face

There should be a better way to handle this but what you expect and wish to happen is a very big mistake, you just can't get it. You will keep running away, right?

Why did the Haitian migrants receive such a warm welcome in Tijuana and are prospering there?
Why are the Hondurans received badly?

Could it be, there is something they are doing or the way the act that causes rejection from the Mexican people?

Also you should know that they don't plan at all to stay in Mexico if they can't get asylum in the US, they will return to Honduras, they won't care about the dangers, the long road and all that other stuff that caused people to feel bad for them

I have a question for you. Will you feel bad for them once they are going back to their own country? Are you going to call for help and their rights once they go back and stop caring about the US and all it means?

I wonder for real if you will be feeling bad about them when they stop caring about America and decide they could not care less about Mexico as well and decide they were better all along

Also it will be funny to see how they are going to get their jobs back in Honduras, since the 40,000 Guatemalans that were hired by Honduran companies are not just going to give their jobs up

I guess there are different levels of hell after all lmfao

Hondurans could not stand to live in Honduras, the leave for Mexico and the US, then Guatemalans take over the jobs in Honduras by the thousands, so Guatemalans were way worse than Hondurans but they did not run in droves trying to break into the US somehow

They will have better jobs since now Honduras from the caravans will fail to enter the US, have already rejected the Mexican offer and have nowhere to go but back into their country, where they don't have any jobs now, they gave them away lol

Some of the Hondurans are already heading back, i hope i can see a thread from you about them and how we can all help them get back.

khorosho??
edit on 26-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

Also look at this, it shows truth beyond any other dumb lies that can be said

www.sandiegouniontribune.com...

Ask yourself this, would things be different if there would be people being thankful for the help, instead of calling the food given by Mexico "food for pigs" as they do? And what if instead of throwing out on the streets the bottles of water and juice and the roasted chicken and all the stuff they would actually eat it and be happy about not being left alone in these times? Do you think maybe they would be treated better?

But the Haitians are not like that, and they are even getting small houses so they can be well, Mexico is a poor country, but it can provide at least something to help them out and they can keep going, under safe and better conditions

Hondurans reject that, they want or think they can get welfare, free stuff and then have kids and then just forget about work and stuff

I don't know if you are a guy or a girl or whatever, i can say only this, you need to get streetwise man, you don't have a clue what you are bringing over there
edit on 26-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Yes, you said "some" Trump supporters... but which ones? I am regularly accused of blindly following the man who is in actuality following me. So whenever that reference is used, yes, I figure you're talking about me.

Part of the issue is that there are a few fanatics on both sides who weaponize these labels and talking points, which then are used consistently by the non-fringe members of that side of the debate. The far left calls everyone who agrees with Trump an apologist and says they blindly follow him. You pick it up and apply it to a subset of those who agree with him. But which subset? Who does that include?

On my side, there are those who use the term snowflake to describe anyone who doesn't support Trump. Many on my side use that term correctly to indicate a subset of those who do not support Trump (specifically it should mean someone who considers everyday activities to be terrible occurrences and thus cannot function well in society). But which subset? Who does that include? The hardest thing I have to overcome in trying to get my points across is what label can I use that hasn't been sufficiently weaponized to attack the entire group. I almost never use snowflake any more... liberal is one I am trying to stop using because it isn't really accurate anyway... Democrat is far too broad... I'm trying leftist, but even that one has problems... I even tried coming up with "armadillo" and got zero response. I'm sure you have the same issue.

So there are only two ways left to communicate our positions to the other without becoming angry: either use a freakin' descriptive paragraph instead of a single word, every time, or just try to use the rest of what we say to indicate our lack of desire to weaponize the labels. That last option would include not using them derogatorily. Otherwise, we simply cannot communicate, and we will never even hope to bridge the divide between positions.

That's what this is all about, anyway. Stop the communication. Talking to someone of a different "race"? Better not... there's a list of improper words a mile long and no one is even sure what's on that list from day to day. Talking to a woman? You'll be a sexist if you say the wrong thing. Talking to someone who is gay? Oooh, there's a lot of wrong words in that situation, even if you don't know he/she is gay. Maybe it would be better if no one talked to anyone... that way no one makes a mistake (and that way no one ever discovers what is happening either).

Wanna know why we can't have a reasonable discussion? There's your answer. We're not supposed to.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well I won't argue with you what you say here as its pretty spot on. You are certainly an ardent Trump supporter, in saying that I don't think you blindly follow him, certainly there are factors in that support I disagree with but that's pretty normal and I'm sure it works both ways.

The members I'm singling out are the ones who just constantly spew the tds garbage and post on every thread orange man bad, and so and and so forth, it's not all trump supporters but there certainly are few culprits, hell one a few pages earlier aragantly claimed I should leave this site and post elsewhere.

This is all very frustrating, the divide has now claimed more moderate members to harden their stance, and chased a whole bunch away, there are so many personal attacks now it's become the norm, the mud pit has bled over this site unfortunately.

The only course of action is to rise above the garbage, ignore the fringe and try to find common ground. Both sides are guilty of stifling the conversation and both sides need to suck it up.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
the vast majority of asylum

So, Mexico offered asylum. Why did they refuse?

Because with Mexican minimum wage being what it is (about $5 US/week), it wasn't much of an offer, perhaps?
You Sr, are rotting inside

First you claimed it was $10 a week, then i explained the actual reality of how things work on Mexico, which you ignored conveniently, now you claim it is $5 a week!!! You are a liar, and you take pride on it, how can you live with yourself?

Here's the proof. Here you said

The offer of a Mexican work visa means that they would likely to be paid minimum wage. This just happens to be less than $10 a week.

I said about $5 a week (which is an approximate), which is less than $10 a week. Both statements are consistent, however I have discovered that they are wrong. I apologize profusely.

I explained reality here

But you ran away

Now you come with "Shameless lies version 2.0" "Now even more ludicrous than ever before!!!!"

Here's some actual facts, unlike your lies

Average salary in Mexico
tradingeconomics.com...

Like i said before, only kids would make $5 but not a week, that's a day's salary for a 13 year old doing handy work on someone's store, carrying cases of soda or stuff like that. It is a part time daily pay and this is for kids helping out to get some cash for school, doing small jobs

Someone already pointed out you lying about anything related to this as long as you can put up excuses and you are shameless, you keep going no matter what. Why?

Truth is, the Haitians did not had any problem getting jobs and starting a new life in Tijuana and they are liked so this is not about racism at all or xenophobia or whatever, they are growing and living good lives in Tijuana, they did not complain about beans and rice, or chicken with rice, and water and orange juice as well. Unlike the Hondurans that would take nothing but tacos, pizza and coke or throw away the free food if it was not the one they requested.

And also as i said before, i do live in Mexico, i have seen, they talk bad about Americans, could tell you a few things but i would probably get banned if i would repeat their exact words

You know nothing about their culture you are just parroting around about things you can't understand, you can't even begin to understand the way the live and how they think about you but you want them to succeed even if it means you are going to be spit on your face

There should be a better way to handle this but what you expect and wish to happen is a very big mistake, you just can't get it. You will keep running away, right?

Why did the Haitian migrants receive such a warm welcome in Tijuana and are prospering there?
Why are the Hondurans received badly?

Could it be, there is something they are doing or the way the act that causes rejection from the Mexican people?

Also you should know that they don't plan at all to stay in Mexico if they can't get asylum in the US, they will return to Honduras, they won't care about the dangers, the long road and all that other stuff that caused people to feel bad for them

I have a question for you. Will you feel bad for them once they are going back to their own country? Are you going to call for help and their rights once they go back and stop caring about the US and all it means?

I wonder for real if you will be feeling bad about them when they stop caring about America and decide they could not care less about Mexico as well and decide they were better all along

Also it will be funny to see how they are going to get their jobs back in Honduras, since the 40,000 Guatemalans that were hired by Honduran companies are not just going to give their jobs up

I guess there are different levels of hell after all lmfao

Hondurans could not stand to live in Honduras, the leave for Mexico and the US, then Guatemalans take over the jobs in Honduras by the thousands, so Guatemalans were way worse than Hondurans but they did not run in droves trying to break into the US somehow

They will have better jobs since now Honduras from the caravans will fail to enter the US, have already rejected the Mexican offer and have nowhere to go but back into their country, where they don't have any jobs now, they gave them away lol

Some of the Hondurans are already heading back, i hope i can see a thread from you about them and how we can all help them get back.

khorosho??

OK, I quoted someone else's figures and I suspect that they were referring to Guatemalan wages, not Mexican. Apologies I shouldn't have just assumed they were correct.

So I went back and did the figures for myself, as follows (feel free to verify and cross check):

(*Note: I have usually rounded to two decimal places in these figures.)

A working week in Mexico = 48 hours

The minimum wage is 88.36 pesos per day, but that is not in the hand, that is before tax.

So we have to calculate income tax and deduct that.

Working days per year, in Mexico, in 2018 = 254 days.

So, annual minimim wage before tax = 254 working days times 88.36 pesos a day = 22,443.44 pesos a year.

Which puts you the in non-resident tax bracket of 15% of income.

So the amount taken in tax = 22,443.44 pesos time 0.15 = 3,366.52 pesos in tax.

Income in the hand is, therefore, actually 22,443.44 pesos take away the tax of 3,366.52 pesos = 19,076.92 pesos.

Now we know our income after tax, we can calculate the daily pay in the hand to be 19,076.92 pesos divided by 254 working days = 75.11 pesos in the hand, per day.

But the working week in Mexico is 48 hours. Since we are comparing it against American currency and conditions, we have to first work out what that means as hourly rate, so we can 'compare apples to apples'.

The Mexican working week = 48 hours, therefore, if we divide it by 5 days we get 9.6 hours worked every day.

So, 75.11 pesos per day after tax divided by 9.6 hours = 7.82 pesos after tax, per hour.

In the US, a standard working week is now 33 hours, so the equivalent pay for an equivalent US week = 7.82 pesos per hour after tax times 33 hours. This equals 258.06 pesos per week, after tax.

Using an online currency converter, I got an equivalent wage of $12.68 US per week after tax.

Still a crap offer, which I'd like to think was my original point.

edit on 26/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Excellent points. I'm at the stage now, where I don't want to communicate with anyone on the "left," who scoffs at my thread or position. It's not worth getting angry and raising my blood pressure. That's because Leftists will ridicule you for being a conservative and then they'll deflect any valid points you make, by ignoring the facts completely, or by making fun of your opinion. I'm at a point now, where I'll just start a thread and let others debate the subject matter...I'll post content from a source or two, that describes the subject matter...post my opinion based (hopefully) on common sense and/or facts...then post content from sources that validates my opinion...then grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the comment "sh!t show," that invariably arrives full force on a thread with a controversial issue.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I forgot to add there are also more than 2 sides here, I'm labeled left here but I don't identify as either side, I have both liberal and conservative views, as well as other views that don't fit either stance, and I refuse to assign myself to one of these labels, I know there are few others here that feel the same way ,or at least similarly.

Just the label itself left or right is enough to generate a discord .
edit on 26-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
So you take your child through the concertina up to the wall where guys are throwing rocks at Border Patrol Agents in a foreign country, and now are distressed that they responded with tear gas? What kind of parent puts their kid in that situation?
i have never seen anyone answer this. And would really like a straight face no bs conclusion.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Yes, I do support Trump... or, more accurately, Trump supports me (but that doesn't fit the framework of most conversations). It's good to hear you don't lump me in with blind supporters. Thank you for that.

I am guilty as charged with using the phrase "orange man bad." I do so to point out (hopefully) through sarcasm that the opposing argument isn't making logical sense in some respect. It is also a part of something I picked up on early in his campaign: the makeup (or tanning or whatever causes that). I have referred to him as the "Jack-o-lantern in Chief" many times. Before the political turmoil of today, making fun of political figures was a time-honored tradition, and that face just screamed "pick on me!" That was all in good fun, although I admit it can be hard to tell the difference oftentimes.

I will also say that, while we have more than our share of disagreements on issues, you are not what I am referring to when I say "leftist." You have made me stop and think on more than one occasion.

Now, where do we go from here?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Don't fall into that trap.

It doesn't take many posts to discover someone's true intent... and often that true intent is not to debate, but to stir the pot. What these people don't realize is that they are so transparent and the only reason anyone is giving the time of day is, they're irritating. I've known people like that in real life as well... they're angry, corrosive... and they're alone. Even when surrounded by others, they're alone.

Sad. Bigly sad.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

There's not many people who are not a combination of what today passes for left and right. Strangely enough, I used to be a liberal when I was young. Now I'm a conservative. None of my tenets have changed! It's the political definitions that have changed around me.

You might find it strange that I support full legalization of marijuana, not just medical. Or maybe, as staunchly as I feel against abortion, I do not support making it illegal. I support welfare, expanded welfare even, just with some changes to help those who have fallen through the cracks and to help others get off of it and work. Those are liberal positions. But I'm a conservative? What?

No, I'm a redneck. I believe in self-sufficiency, reward for hard work, equality for all under the law, compassion for one's fellow man, and an honest days work for an honest days pay. I apply those tenets to whatever issue comes up, and if I happen to agree with a politician on them, I support him. If I disagree with a politician, I oppose him. Life is simpler that way.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

waco isnt even the best example, patton crushed former veterans protesting for higher wages w frigging tanks en.wikipedia.org...://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain private planes bombed striking miners, the gaurd shot people at kent state,waged war on the Mormons,and the whole civil war to think that the troops wouldnt fire or attempt to protect the border is foolish just be happy they are only using tear gas so far

further examples en.wikipedia.org...

the wisky rebellion where the president him self took the field of battle

the forcible internment of Japanese american citizens

the little rock nine situation which involved the gaurd forcing integration of schools in the south

not military but the police fire bombing of philidephia neighbrohoods over civil rights issues in 1985

Shays' Rebellion

Utah War

the Battle of Lincoln

1892: Homestead Strike

1892: Wyoming: Johnson County War

John Fries' Rebellio

Buckshot War

Anti-Rent War

Dorr Rebellion

Green Corn Rebellion Oklahoma

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics