It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes a fool of herself yet AGAIN with tweet on single-payer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Mandroid7

I recently aquired my first credit card ever, it´s a prepaid digital one. So I can buy stuff from the USA and such, where you always seem to need credit cards.

Never understood the loaning of money except for a home, either.

Well, even with a home loan, you pay the same amount in interest as your borrowed amount. My half million dollar home, in the end, will have cost me around one million. Right now my payments are mostly going into interest.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Now we are getting somewhere. I kind of believe along the same lines. There is a great system potential in capitalism. But we always run into corruption. The ability to have true freedom and keep what you make/produce is one of the greatest incentives of all time. Also the freedom to enter into contract with one another without the interference of government basically made this country thrive.

Do you have any ideas of how to use the awesome structure of capitalism and prevent corruption that the concentrated wealth allows?

Sure
Let goverment control all natural resources.

No on needs to read any further than this.

Nope, cause ideas and other thoughts are bad and dangerous - so youre better not read any further, youre feelings might get hurt by the fact that someone else has other ideas than those you have

edit on 25 11 2018 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yeah we are crazy like that here. I had no credit, auto dealership was like "please take this $40,000 srt8 Jeep"

17% interest was the loan. I laughed and walked out

Our healthcare system is crazy though. Too many hands in the cookie jar.

It's like 10k to be looked at with one eye open, 20k with both eyes and six figures if you need a bandaid.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'm actually for single payer. Just trying to make it an honest debate. I don't think my money should pay for cancer some one got from smoking. I do think someone who did nothing wrong should be covered.

I think too many people got the idea that they shouldn't pay directly, period, and when I say that, I mean they shouldn't pay for anything at all related to their health.

I think we need to go back to the idea that the doctor, especially your general practitioner, should be paid for things like your basic yearly checkup and for making sure your bad sore throat is really just a cold and not strep, etc. Those things are minor, routine care. They should not cost an arm or leg, and they shouldn't have to.

You should be able to pay your GP up front for them and it should be routine to do so.

We handle our cars that way, but we carry insurance for them. Yet, no one expects the insurance to pay for their oil changes or brake pads.

There is a place for insurance against the major things -- the devastating illnesses or traumas. I think those policies could carry riders for chronic illnesses as needed to cover the more exotic treatments those can demand which are more expensive, and those policies ought to be portable and not tied to employment or confined to your state of residence.
edit on 25-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Now we are getting somewhere. I kind of believe along the same lines. There is a great system potential in capitalism. But we always run into corruption. The ability to have true freedom and keep what you make/produce is one of the greatest incentives of all time. Also the freedom to enter into contract with one another without the interference of government basically made this country thrive.

Do you have any ideas of how to use the awesome structure of capitalism and prevent corruption that the concentrated wealth allows?

Sure

Nope, cause ideas are and other thoughts are bad and dangerous - so youre better not read any further, youre feelings might get hurt by the fact that someone else has other ideas than those you have

Have you ever worked for the US government?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Damn, what interest rate?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Fair one, but you are not the accolade of the world lol

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Is that all? My last doctor visit I was called a deplorable and Kavanaugh was a rapist. I walked out and never went back. Doctor sent me a letter telling me I need to not be rude. THAT is the kind of healthcare you will get with socialized medicine. With what I have now? I AM able to walk out and go to another doctor in my plan. Luckily I have options.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Sure

Nope, cause ideas are and other thoughts are bad and dangerous - so youre better not read any further, youre feelings might get hurt by the fact that someone else has other ideas than those you have

Nope, and thank god for that

And you havent read any further on my comments, else you would know that i dont mean the current goverment, just something to control the harvesting of resources so we dont run out etc. I actually suggested a computer for that work. I just call it goverment in lack of a better term.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Then you´re doing something wrong, because I pay less than 3% and in the first years I paid every cent that was left over into it so the interest rate went down as much as possible.

I don´t know the english term but in most contracts you can pay off a certain amount of money per year on top of the rates. I plunged 5-10k extra each year and in the end it saved a multiple of that amount in interest rates. The money you pay extra goes directly into paying off your original loan, without any interest attached, obviously.

Again, you´re doing/did something wrong.

edit on 25-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Damn, what interest rate?

The 4% we are currently paying. Mortgage payment is about 85% interest, 15% principle.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Haha!

Yeah we are already seeing gov overreach.

They asks your children if there are any firearms in the house.

Next will be banning ownership to people who used any drugs they knew where bad in the first place.

-probably the entire purpose of obamadon'tcare

Bypass hippa laws

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The answer is you're lying, back of the line and break out your checkbook.

They can pay a smoking tax on their insurance.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Mine is about 50 50 principal and interest.
edit on 25-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Then you´re doing something wrong, because I pay less than 3% and in the first years I paid every cent that was left over into it so the interest rate went down as much as possible.

I don´t know the english term but in most contracts you can pay off a certain amount of money per year on top of the rates. I plunged 5-10k extra each year and in the end it saved a multiple of that amount in interest rates. The money you pay extra goes directly into paying off your original loan, without any interest attached, obviously.

Again, you´re doing/did something wrong.

No. We're doing that too. Paying an extra $500 or so per month on top of the $2600 we're paying. But the larger payment is still around 85% interest. I get what you're saying and most people SHOULD be doing this. But sadly, most people barely pay off their CC balance statements let alone save money for their retirement.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I think just like with my credit cards, you can't fall into the trap of paying the minimum. Always pay that back quickly. My rule of thumb is if I can't pay it off in three months I don't buy it.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

In the US there is no limit. You can pay off as much as you want. We're just paying the minimum because the extra is going to me finishing my schooling. It's going to cost $350,000 or a bit more for me to finish. I'm including the loss of wages I'll experience.
edit on 25-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Credit card should be paid monthly.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Holy crap dude.

Not to derail this thread too much

So, if you pay say double your payment per month is that pmnt applied directly to principal, or do they try and put it towards interest?

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sure

Nope, and thank god for that

And you havent read any further on my comments, else you would know that i dont mean the current goverment, just something to control the harvesting of resources so we dont run out etc. I actually suggested a computer for that work. I just call it goverment in lack of a better term.

You're lucky then.

Who programs these computers? Who maintains these computers? The only answer is, humans. How far can we trust humans? Not very far at all.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join