It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes a fool of herself yet AGAIN with tweet on single-payer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Can you tell me that our government which cannot manage to educate our children or run a socialized system for just our veterans could actually run such a service for 350 million of us?

This is where our skepticism comes in. Most of the government-run services in this nation fail at a high level.

Ha! I see no riddles in this post. Its plain as day and i highly agree with every bit of it. As i posted earlier, the USPS is a prime example. And people like Cortez want it run by government, yet still wont accept Trump is their president. Makes me shake my God damn head.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I see 40% in the UK. I don't know what that encompasses. I pay 30% for medical dental, fica, retirement, life insurance, federal and state tax combined.
edit on 25-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I'm rooting for this girl. Not because I agree with her on anything but because I want to watch her beat all of your nastiness and the nastiness of the alt righters who hang on her everyword

Nasty group you people are

Those evil scary alt righters. Maybe we should government mandate their own bathrooms so they can feel safe from violent people like you.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Why do you go back to government? The exact same people that are responsible for this mess we are in today.

If there is no system of reward or failure (including the freedom to die from your own stupidity), society will stagnate and collapse. Just like every society in the past that have had a ruler class over the people, just like our current government is today. As someone else stated, basically crony capitalism. An illusion that we are free but in reality, there are rulers over us that are beyond the laws applied to us sheep.

Is there no solution to keep capitalism from descending into tyranny? Is this reality structured so that we will always go through cycles?

I dont want to go back to goverment, so lets call it something else.
We only need someone to keep an eye on resources, and make sure it is renewable etc and that people gets payed. It could be a computer with a printer

The same with all infrastructure. Use a computer, make a "gofundme-page" where people can create work for the "goverment" to pay others to do.
If youre town need roads fixed, you go to the gofundme page, and create work, then someone who needs money, can go do that work, goverment only needs to print the money (pay someone to print money)

No need for all kind of laws, privatice everything, even govement.

The problem in our society, is that people are given more power than others. Why on earth is it necessary to give away power to someone else to govern my life?

I dont have the perfect answers to youre questions, but i got ideas, and others does too, and somewhere in that mix we might be able to find some solutions.

Do you have any ideas?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Where do you live? What would you pay for a chest MRT or any other special treatment or medication?

I´m not saying our system is the best but no one has to die because of monetary reasons in first place.

Dental is also included, at least the checkups and then some. A ceramic insert cost me 220€, including the root treatment (killing the root of a tooth)
edit on 25-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Closer to 10, but this is the first year I've gotten that high.

I do a lot of investing, so it's all-in living broke between huge gains.

That would be split out to 12 mnths.

I'm pretty crazy though. I'm living in an rv while I'm building my house in the Tennessee mountains right now.

I had to sacrifice all fun stuff to get to that point, but it was well worth it, I can do whatever I want(almost) now.

Not to be bragadouchis, but if my retarded a@@ can do it, anyone can.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
If you earn more than 4300€ per month, every € above that is not going to be included into the %.

That means, someone who earns 4300€ pays the same insurance as someone who earns 43000€ per month..

around 330€ per month is the upper limit and you can always go private, that is a bit more but you get single room treatments and such.

Actually, you would live cheaper here with more benefits when it comes to health insurance.

edit on 25-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Whatever the tax rate, if one person doesn't go bankrupt because of cancer then I'm happy.
...commie bastard I am lol
edit on 25-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Now we are getting somewhere. I kind of believe along the same lines. There is a great system potential in capitalism. But we always run into corruption. The ability to have true freedom and keep what you make/produce is one of the greatest incentives of all time. Also the freedom to enter into contract with one another without the interference of government basically made this country thrive.

Do you have any ideas of how to use the awesome structure of capitalism and prevent corruption that the concentrated wealth allows?

Sure
Let goverment control all natural resources.

No on needs to read any further than this.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Ok, I understand.
Thanks

Crap, that still puts me at $423 vs $150 usd

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm actually for single payer. Just trying to make it an honest debate. I don't think my money should pay for cancer some one got from smoking. I do think someone who did nothing wrong should be covered.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That´s the way to go. Homeowner and maybe aquire a second house for renting out and you´re setup for when you´re old.

That´s how I did it. Never had a fancy car or the newest fasion. Now I´m old and suddenly after the last payment for the house, I was able to get all the cool stuff I always wanted.

If I want something, I can buy it and still have enough left for my family if I leave this earth. Not bragging either.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Charleston SC. I don't know the #s but I can use the #1 hospital in the state that's nationally ranked for next to nothing.
edit on 25-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: rollanotherone

What irony? I support a healthcare system which has kept me alive lol, of course I choose the staying alive choice.

Keeping you alive to continue to pay into the system that "keeps you alive". But sure. The Yanks are the ones that speak in crazy riddles.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I'm actually for single payer. Just trying to make it an honest debate. I don't think my money should pay for cancer some one got from smoking. I do think someone who did nothing wrong should be covered.

I'd cover everyone mate, even those who make bad choices.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The country would have been enough

So USA. Do you have to pay extra for treatments in general? Like, heart surgery or such?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yep exactly, if you can't buy it with cash, don't buy it.

Just got my first credit card at 38 yrs old

-with auto paid balance linked to checking, just to play the dumb credit game for lowe r insurance rates etc...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I agree but people lie. What's to stop that life long smoker from saying "I never smoked a day in my life. Black lungs? Dont know what you're talking about. Now give me a pair of new lungs."

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I recently aquired my first credit card ever, it´s a prepaid digital one. So I can buy stuff from the USA and such, where you always seem to need credit cards.

Never understood the loaning of money except for a home, either.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I won't. It's not helpful to be an enabler. It leads to more bad choices.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join