It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes a fool of herself yet AGAIN with tweet on single-payer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

It isn´t a tax by definition although it´s calculated % on your income and depends. We don´t pay for a doctors visit here (Germany, Europe). The only time you pay is medication (but it´s subsidized already by your health insurance to a great deal) and 10€ per day if you have to stay in hospital, but that´s for the food etc and maximum 280€ per year.

This means, if you are stuck in hospital for half a year, you won´t pay 1700€ but 280€ then it levels off.

MRT, CRT, roentgen, blood samples, all "free" in the sense of, you don´t have to pay extra.
edit on 25-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

So you are saying that capitalism isn't actually to blame, but the interference of our government is the reason for all of our woes?

Taxes and regs aimed to keep people broke are the issue.

Crony capitalism.

Gov allowed insider trading, market manipulaion etc...

Federal and statewide.

I'll give you an example. The billion sqft "Apple"spy server farm going into Iowa right now. They are completely exempt from property tax and hiring a few people.

Nome of our local businesses get, or were even offered this deal.

The initial taxation to corporations has now been subverted to no corporate taxes and over 50% taxes to citizens and renting your property from the gov.

The purpose of gov has been perverted beyond repair.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Wow you're getting fleeced I pay $48 per check to medical and $13 for dental plus, and no deduction on months with 3 checks on that 3rd check.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I´m not saying it´s the best system. But it´s affordable, no one has to die because they lack money for medication and the insurance and pharma industry still makes a ton of money.

Imagine you´d cut off that overhead as much as possible and suddenly you have very affordeable health care for everyone.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Now we are getting somewhere. I kind of believe along the same lines. There is a great system potential in capitalism. But we always run into corruption. The ability to have true freedom and keep what you make/produce is one of the greatest incentives of all time. Also the freedom to enter into contract with one another without the interference of government basically made this country thrive.

Do you have any ideas of how to use the awesome structure of capitalism and prevent corruption that the concentrated wealth allows?

Sure
Let goverment control all natural resources. Make money by letting the goverment pay people to harvest those resources (in a clean, healthy and renewable fashion) then let people buy resources from the goverment, with the money earned, and have a taxfree free private market, where people can build whatever they want with those ressources and sell them as the please, let the market control itself.

Instead of taxes, create money by paying to do "infrastructor work", we get the work done, everybody has a change to earn money by working for goverment, and it generates money for the private free market where everybody can work and earn money as they please.

This is a short version just to explain it, but i think we should do something like that
edit on 25 11 2018 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Actually that sounds less like decency and more like enabling.
Maybe it is.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Mandroid7

What's your income and property tax over there look like?
Easy enough I only work 2 or 3 days a week, and I'm a scummy plasterer lol, my bills are covered and then I'm lazy as #, hence on ATS lots haha.

So, can you answer a simple question?
Not being standoffish dude
What is your guys income and property tax rate compared to the US.

It's interesting to see how you guys operate

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

What's your income and property tax over there look like?
Easy enough I only work 2 or 3 days a week, and I'm a scummy plasterer lol, my bills are covered and then I'm lazy as #, hence on ATS lots haha.

So, can you answer a simple question?
Not being standoffish dude
What is your guys income and property tax rate compared to the US.

For Germany it´s 14.6% and half of that is paid by your employee. And we still have a booming economy...

Edit, my fault, the % I wrote about is what you pay for health insurance per month from your loan before tax.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

..thats the cost for medical?

Thanks

My cost is $150ish/mnth USD for dental and health 1000 deduct on health
edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Yes, 7.3% from your income, for health care.

Property tax depends, I pay like 44€ for 700m² and like 57€ for 10+ha fields per year.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Sounds a cool system same as the UK one....question...do people help non Germans access treatment with scams as I would do with foreign mates?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn
Die of cancer then you dumb # who doesn't know how to cure cancer.
Nice, we probably wouldn't get on with each other lol

Yet, you're the one whose had your body sliced open, stitched up, and drugged up. Just so you can keep working, to keep paying into that social welfare program you call "health" care. And you seriously don't see the irony in that.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I don´t know, I would not. Because refugees think the emergency room is for health checks and a family of 10 will block valuable space because they have a running nose when others have to wait with a broken arm for hours if this happens.

Seen it myself.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Why do you go back to government? The exact same people that are responsible for this mess we are in today.

If there is no system of reward or failure (including the freedom to die from your own stupidity), society will stagnate and collapse. Just like every society in the past that have had a ruler class over the people, just like our current government is today. As someone else stated, basically crony capitalism. An illusion that we are free but in reality, there are rulers over us that are beyond the laws applied to us sheep.

Is there no solution to keep capitalism from descending into tyranny? Is this reality structured so that we will always go through cycles?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Yeah tht's high.
That'd put me at $600 a month

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Wow you're getting fleeced I pay $48 per check to medical and $13 for dental plus, and no deduction on months with 3 checks on that 3rd check.

Maybe that price depends on dependents. My oldest daughter is now in a position to get her own healthcare plan which will free up some of my money paycheck wise. My youngest will remain as she is going to go on to school.

Deductible have slaughtered me in the past few years, not this year *knock on wood*.

Like Ketsuko above said some medicines aren't covered for things like migraines. My daughter was prescribed seizure medication and anti smoking meds and anti psychotic meds. It was quite a cocktail but, helped. They were expensive.

I've worked side work in construction for years to supplement my income from medical bills etc but, I DO pay for my brother in law to be seen at the clinic and get his medications and CPAP equipment because, yes due to some poor less than ideal life choices, he is paying half of his check to child support and there is no way that he could afford insurance on top of that.

So, yes I help support family financially because it's the right thing, for me, to do. I wouldn't want them to suffer because I don't want to share. If that makes any sense?

It's employer sponsored BCBS by the way. I think one reason the premiums AND the deductibles are so high could be the number of single parents that work in the field and have TennCare/Medicaid and don't need to participate in the employer program. I work next to the payroll clerk and 7/10 employees turn it down as not needed.

ETA in all fairness I won't be free from the deductible or things "not included" for her as she would not be financially able to afford that as well, just free from the premium monthly.
edit on 25-11-2018 by TNMockingbird because: clarification is key: the action of making a statement or situation less confused and more comprehensible

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
your earn more than 6000$ a month? There is a cut-off for good earners as well. It´s not like someone who earns 10k per month would pay 730€ every month.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I wouldn't know, I just know taxes ain't so bad in the UK, they are easy street.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

When I'm done with school I'll pay about 1% of my income to insurance. I currently pay a few %.
edit on 25-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

What irony? I support a healthcare system which has kept me alive lol, of course I choose the staying alive choice.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join