It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes a fool of herself yet AGAIN with tweet on single-payer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Cheaper for whom? The ones receiving it? Sure. And when the money runs out? Oh I forgot, money grows on trees for your type.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: rollanotherone

a reply to: rollanotherone

If you don't like the source, which is also the OP's source, you can go to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez' Twiiter feed to see it.

So NOW Twitter is a trusted news source? How about when Trump uses it?

I prefer to not use Twitter.

This thread is about what Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted on Twitter.

Why is she a credible source on Twitter when Trump is not?

Why don't you ask the OP? The OP made a thread about what Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said on twitter. I"m just commenting within the thread.

Way to act aloof. You got caught, and are now back peddling.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The OP made a thread pointing out the absurdity of a bureaucrat denying a woman what she needs medically and Cortez pushing a system that is famous for allowing bureaucrats to do exactly what that.

We could go back to the VA waitlist scandal allowing veterans to die while waiting for needed care in this country. The VA being a socialized, government run health care system, but I am guessing that would fly right over your head as well.

LOL Look who putting words in the OP's mouth! Maybe you see her tweet that way, but Here's what the OP actually said:

She really is the gift that keeps on giving,

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ✔ @Ocasio2018 Insurance groups are recommending GoFundMe as official policy - where customers can die if they can’t raise the goal in time - but sure, single payer healthcare is unreasonable.

twitchy.com... reenshot/

does she just not get it or is she trolling?

The OP conveniently left out the letter that Cortez was referring to in her tweet, that the OP is mocking.

edit on 25-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I genuinely wish you had tax funded healthcare like I do...I've paid many tens of thousands in taxes over the years and still do because the NHS keeps me fit for work with drugs that cost me just over £8 a month.
I've been stitched up, opened up, had stuff removed lol yet all free at the point of need.

...I pay £8 for prescription drugs because I can still work, if I couldn't work my drugs would be free at the point of collection.

Ad I've never been "drugged up", cut up, stitched up, had stuff removed, except for my paycheck. They sure cut that thing up remove sections of it. So tell me. How is that fair? I'm healthy, eat healthy, work out, but I'm supposed to pay for someone else's bad choices?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Cheaper for whom? The ones receiving it? Sure. And when the money runs out? Oh I forgot, money grows on trees for your type.

Read the links. It's explained in simple English.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

hahahaha

I said yesterday that I'd entertain government run healthcare when the VA has the best medical system in the world and Social Security has a surplus.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I genuinely wish you had tax funded healthcare like I do...I've paid many tens of thousands in taxes over the years and still do because the NHS keeps me fit for work with drugs that cost me just over £8 a month.
I've been stitched up, opened up, had stuff removed lol yet all free at the point of need.

...I pay £8 for prescription drugs because I can still work, if I couldn't work my drugs would be free at the point of collection.

Ad I've never been "drugged up", cut up, stitched up, had stuff removed, except for my paycheck. They sure cut that thing up remove sections of it. So tell me. How is that fair? I'm healthy, eat healthy, work out, but I'm supposed to pay for someone else's bad choices?

Bad choices have never been the reason I've needed treatment but as a tax payer I don't mind funding the healthcare of people who do make bad choices. It is an absolute sign of decent society to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

By the time we add in state taxes and without counting in all the hidden taxes, we're being taxed at about 30 to 40% off the top.

You think yours aren't bad, but you have VAT on top of your income tax. So you are getting double taxed, not counting your hidden taxes.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Ahabstar

hahahaha

I said yesterday that I'd entertain government run healthcare when the VA has the best medical system in the world and Social Security has a surplus.

When the bulk of public school students are all routinely beating every other country's kids at the test measures ...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bingo!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Life is good here with taxes and tax funded healthcare, same for 500 million people in the EU.
Are you saying the mighty US of A cannot do the same as most of the developed world? Really?!
EDIT
Come on ffs, how can you ever justify a refusal to transplant...#ing barbaric in my opinion as a Brit.....my taxes pay for that #, #ing pity US members refuse to pay that cause and just wank over celebrities.
edit on 25-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Read the links. It's explained in simple English.

But you can't explain it? That's appeal to authority. I take it you dont understand it then. Got it. And again, we are done here.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well one thing is for sure, for all the people that think they can do better than the crooks we have in office...

If this potato can get elected any number of reasonably intelligent people should have a good chance of doing so.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

I did explain it, in my own words, and then gave links to back up what I was explaining.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If the VA was the health system for Congress and Gov employees, it would be a good system.

Social Security would be in good shape if Congress didn't use it's fund for other purposes.

It's clear that Congress considers itself more worthy than the citizens they represent.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

They didn't say it was refusal to transplant. It was a problem with her plans to continue with her medication afterward. Again, if she cannot continue with her immunosupressants, then she has no chance. It would be irresponsible with the dearth of available organs to give her the transplant in those circumstances.

Again, I will remind you that we do not know the particulars of the reasons behind the refusal. Everything being said here is simply gross speculation. Everyone is assuming that she's being denied based on insurance alone. However, I might remind you that it's entirely possible that she may very well have an Obamacare insurance plan, and that her insurance plan is being heavily (nearly 100%) subsidized by taxpayer funds, meaning she's not paying for it hardly at all, and that is *still* has such a high deductible that she cannot afford to use it.

This is the crap that was pushed on all of us. And as far as that goes, there was also every chance that she had a plan before that would have covered her medications in a manor she could afford.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I would wish you the healthcare version I grew up with lol, interesting points though.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Sounds more like enabling poor choices to me.

There's a concept called personal responsibility. You should check it out.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Meh, Americans come to Britain to get free healthcare in cahoots with their UK mates lol

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
Die of cancer then you dumb # who doesn't know how to cure cancer.
Nice, we probably wouldn't get on with each other lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join