It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes a fool of herself yet AGAIN with tweet on single-payer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: rollanotherone

If you don't like the source, which is also the OP's source, you can go to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez' Twiiter feed to see it.

So NOW Twitter is a trusted news source? How about when Trump uses it?

I prefer to not use Twitter.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So the solution is to get more people to have this terrible insurance?

I never suggested any such thing. Therefore, your entire post is a strawman.

I support single-payer. I support "socialized medicine", especially for life or death issues.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Again, look at the letter. It's from the transplant clinic. It says nothing about the particulars of the plan she presented to them for her after care.

You are meant to think the worst about it from how it's presented.

But in reality, we have no details on she presented them at all. We simply don't know.

Oh. But dont you know? It's on twitter!!! It's got to be factual!!!

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

When I had my stent put in, the followup medication is a powerful blood thinner. It is absolutely essential to keep the patient from having potentially fatal heart attacks. I had no insurance and could not afford the medication. So I told my cardiologist the situation and he sampled me enough blood thinner to keep me on track with medication until the danger had passed.

This was during the height of Obamacare, when I couldn't' find a full-time job to offer insurance, couldn't afford insurance, got no help from the government, and couldn't afford the medication. That's what these leftist fools did to my healthcare. Now they want to do worse, and they have the gall to try and use their own failures as examples of why they need to do worse!

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

If you don't like the source, which is also the OP's source, you can go to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez' Twiiter feed to see it.

This thread is about what Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted on Twitter.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I support single-payer. I support "socialized medicine", especially for life or death issues.

Yes ... because sometimes, it's better for grandma to just take that pain pill and die.

Now, who said that while pitching his health plan while public option was still on the table?

Life or death issues are always best decided by bureaucrats like this lady at the clinic like you can see.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Sookiechacha
#ing hell that is barbaric! I value my tax funded healthcare in the UK, I know loads of people who have had heart surgery and pacemakers free at the point of need.
It's pretty much the same for 500 million EU nationals who benefit from tax funded healthcare...why can't US states do the same for their people?

Well. You just let out your EU secret. Now all of us 'Murkans are gonna come 'gimmigrate' to your fine nation to get us some of that free healthcare.
Americans do that, they have a UK mate then get treated for free if they are 'too sick' to fly out...yeah they get a bill but just fly back to the US and the NHS can forget about it..

I have a dear US friend and I would even sham marry her to get her cancer treatment or whatever if she needed it over here free at the point of need.
I'd do it in a heartbeat and many Americans get treated here because their UK mates have made it happen under whatever scam.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Can't defend your position. Got it.

Moving along now.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Why is she a credible source on Twitter when Trump is not?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Scam? No. Unless you consider illegals coming to America a scam.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Because Cortez makes Trump look like Einstein.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

BULL!

You most certainly do support the same type of interference that led to this woman's problems. Do not try to claim that Obamacare didn't screw up my healthcare, because I was the one who had to deal with it. That was touted as "socialized medicine" and this is just an attempt to make things worse.

Until you get all the insurance companies out of healthcare and make everything covered for everyone, and find a way to pay for it, you're supporting the problem this woman had.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Why is she a credible source on Twitter when Trump is not?

Dont bother. Already established that her point is ridiculous and cannot be defended.

The only thing left is "orange man bad" from this point.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

But we have that in the US as well. If you are hit with something so bad that you are unable to work, you can apply for Medicaid which is ran by the state you reside in. Medical procedures and medications happen on their approval at zero cost to you. You can then apply for social security to pay disability if you are still unable to work. However social security disability is a very long and slow process which generally results in you having to sue them to receive benefits.

Bottom line becomes:
Congested Heart Failure, you will be covered.
The flu, sorry about your luck. Hope you recover in a few days to a week.

Catastrophic care exists for those in need. Free of charge. Medical bills prior to Medicaid can be taken care of by outside charities that work with hospitals or simply written off by the hospital itself for tax purposes. If you are elderly, the outstanding balances might be set up on a payment plan if you have retirement income.

Private insurance companies complicate the process because they can refuse to pay for services needed and then the patient falls into a grey area between having insurance but not qualified for assistance by various government and charitable options.

Edit to add: The number one problem with Obamacare was it put more people in that grey area. And did so by making it mandatory to have a private insurance policy. Meaning you were breaking the law by avoiding what you could not afford. Nevermind that some companies also broke the law by refusing to comply with providing insurance policies. You were still on the hook regardless of your employment situation, unless unemployed and receiving Medicare already. In which, you wouldn’t have a problem unless they refused a procedure.
edit on 25-11-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The letter is from the Clinic, not her insurance. We don't know the particulars of her insurance. She may not even have any.

The only thing stopping her heart transplant is her lack of coverage for her medication. People with no medical overage at all don't get heart transplants, period. It take a lot of medical treatment and tests, and many doctors' consensus, to get on a heart transplant list.

It's true that the health care groups' committee made the suggestion that she solve her financial problem, imposed by her insurance company, that is requiring her to pay an additional $10,000 to cover her medication, not the insurance carrier. It's not the insurance companies' job to sympathize with dying patients. Theirs is to extort more money from dying patients.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Basically, the gray area of too rich, but not rich enough.

The problem with Obamacare is that it drastically expanded that gray area to cover pretty much the entire middle class. IMO it was designed to punish us into begging for single payer.
edit on 25-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Healthcare in America.

My opinion.

Imagine, 10 years ago, you had a leaky kitchen faucet and you hired a plumber (Government) to fix it. So he comes in, breaks 3 of your tv sets, puts several holes in your walls, rapes your pet goat, puts 2 holes in the floor and leaves a pile of poo on your countertop.

You look around and say, "OMG! This needs to be fixed!"

Then Government comes back and says, "I can take care of that".

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
She really is the gift that keeps on giving,

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ✔ @Ocasio2018 Insurance groups are recommending GoFundMe as official policy - where customers can die if they can’t raise the goal in time - but sure, single payer healthcare is unreasonable.

twitchy.com... reenshot/

does she just not get it or is she trolling?

What's not to get? This woman can't get a heart transplant because she doens't have medical coverage for the needed medication. The "committee" is recomending she raise the money she needs to secure the medication through a fundraiser. Maybe you didn't get that.

So, if this woman can't raise the $10,000, she won't get her heart transplant and will die. Get it?

We’re talking about people who get worked up when this woman takes off her shoes.

The people who get off on triggering people have now become the triggerables. My support for this woman grows with every idiot on ATS that tries to call her out. And if you pay attention, it’s never over anything credible or even half-way important.

Every time it’s a lame accusation with an even lamer reason behind it. Sit back, and enjoy watching these idiots implode right in front of everyone. The best part is that deep down inside, they see it too.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Scam? No. Unless you consider illegals coming to America a scam.

I'm only speaking as a Brit who will help any loved foreign friend get treatment in the UK if they need it. I will help my US friend if she ever needs it, and I know of other friends who have helped their US loved ones get free treatment at the point of need.
There are ways and means without the sham marriage, but if a loved friend needs treatment and can't get it in their country then most Brits are the same, your mate is my mate, we'll scam something.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Caught me while editing.

But yes. It hurt far more than it helped. And the exuberant deductibles meant you really didn’t have insurance at all. Because nothing was covered until met. So the add ons of drug rehab for junkies that jacked the premium didn’t come into play until you dropped $10,000 on rehab. And addicts usually spend that on product to remain functional. Recovery really only hits them when they are out, have no money and are going through withdraw.

And don’t get me started on single men needing pre-natal coverage...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join