It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes a fool of herself yet AGAIN with tweet on single-payer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yes, likely I did.

Apologies and I get where your coming from now.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

If it was your oldest account closing it shortens your credit life and lowers your score.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ah, now I get it you were talking about floating interest rate or how it´s translated. I also did 200€ away every month into a special bank account and they guaranteed me 1.6% interest rate for the last 50k if I needed them. While getting 2.5% interest for the money I brought to them over the timespan of 10 years.

I had a slightly different model, maybe that´s why my initial interest rate was around 40-45%, don´t remember exactly.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It´s basically something to enable me buying stuff where only credit card is accepted or bank transfer would be intercontinental, time consuming and costly.

"prepaid credit card" is a bit of a contradiction in itself so I understand the confusion.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: rollanotherone

When you write 85% interest, do you mean from the 2600$ you loose 85% to the bank? Sorry if this seems to be a dense question but maybe something is lost in translation.

Yes. That 85% goes to the bank. That number changes, it gets lower over the years. The bank makes their money on home loans in the first 5 years. After that, they try to get you to refinance, to reset the interest payments.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
Credit cards and your credit score are a tricky thing. I've been paying off my CC's except for $100. My credit score was close to 800 last month but now it dropped 41 points just because I haven't used any credit cards. So by showing I'm responsible with CC's and paying them off, I'm punished for not using them with a lower credit score.

And there in lies the root of the problem. You need to be a good little debt slave if you want to keep your social credits... I mean, lending ability, in good standing.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Nope fixed rate interest.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Me and my wife are 800 with no debt.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Conspiracy theory: establishment dems realized that in 2016 a lot of people were behind Bernie and relevant policies. They sidelined that group, and partly lost as a result.

They knew they had to appease the actual leftist and anti establishment group of liberals to survive, so they chose a young naive easily manipulated version to be a token “leftist” who either will be controlled OR will demolish that branch through her inexperience and lack of knowledge, diminishing those challengers to the dnc.

She’s a foil for their strategy.

Full disclosure: I’m from that branch and was offered an opportunity on her campaign.
a reply to: Aallanon

edit on 25-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Me and my wife are 800 with no debt.

Credit may be well off, but those social credits will never get to the levels needed to be able to fly.

Oh, and congrats on your score. I'm not sure, but I believe that number will degrade if you dont borrow or hold SOME form of debt.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Wow you're getting fleeced I pay $48 per check to medical and $13 for dental plus, and no deduction on months with 3 checks on that 3rd check.

You must be single.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
My question is who are her handlers? Watch this video, Papi is asking polite questions and Cortez seems to not mind answering, until her handlers come in and prevent any more questions.

You’d think said handlers would hide her phone and delete her discuss media accounts as well...at least until she’s sworn in. Then she can claim Congressional lobotomy in effect!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
The ACA made healthcare much , much better for me and my family.

And I got to keep my doctor.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The ACA fixed my health problems. And my mothers. And my sisters.

You ever try the ACA for yourself to see if it's better for you or not?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

We did the calculations. The ACA would have bankrupt us. We tried it from every angle. We even thought about possibly divorcing and staying together, and he still wouldn't be able to afford it. He made too much for subsidy, but not enough for health care. I would have made so little I would have qualified for Medicaid, but even then, I still would have lost both my GP and my neurologist either way because neither one would have taken me with either the ACA plan or Medicaid.

He would have lost his doctor, btw, too.

The only way we would have possibly managed was if I had gotten a full-time job with a minimum salary amount, and then, I would have been solely working to afford our health care and for no other reason. Not one red cent would have gone to improve our circumstances. Every penny I was making that currently goes to improve our circumstances now at part-time? We would have lost that, and then, we would not have been able to easily scrape by single income which would have been the basic result - his income to live on and mine only for paying the premium on a policy with a deductible we could not afford.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

There you go again putting words in my mouth, something that you do too often! You're also projecting a lot of anger onto me, and I don't appreciate that.

You put the words in your own mouth, and I certainly do not appreciate the fact that you support hurting others by making it impossible for them to get healthcare. It's worse when the benefits they need go to the actual fat cats in society (insurance companies) with your approval.

I know nothing about you, your health, your insurance or employment problems. I do know that this kind of thing, that this women in question is going through, happened before the ACA and is still happening now.

I never claimed anything about the ACA at all, but I'll say now that I was extreemly disapointed that Obama didn't ram single payer through, and shove it down our throats, when he had the chance.

That's the whole point... you know nothing about this woman either, other than what you read in a letter. Yet you seem to think the responsible thing to do is to just make another unworkable program to fix something you know nothing about. This newest proposed scheme is nothing more than ACA on steroids.

Single payer in the US, as it is now, will wipe out our access to healthcare. Doctors will not work for free, and there's not enough money here to pay the exorbitant fees they have come to have to charge to protect themselves from a system that threatened them. That precious ACA took care of that, with the express purpose of making the insurance companies rich. That's the only thing it worked well at, and now you and others like you are finally... finally... waking up to the fact that maybe there's something wrong with the idea. Too late, of course, and your solution is more of the same.

That's what single payer would do. It's the only solution. And, contrary to right wing spin, Medicare for all would be cheaper than the current system.

That's the same thing that was said about the ACA... how many people need to suffer for you to get it? How deep does that football fan-boy political outlook go? Deep enough to see someone you care about die because of the glaring flaws in the scheme? Is that what it will take? Or maybe you won't even care then, as long as there's this right wing boogey man to blame it on.

Shameful. Disgraceful. Pitiful.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bravo and well stated, I find it hard to believe how people really miss this stuff......

Maybe were just getting old and pay too much attention to detail lol....

BTW you have a message

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The ACA fixed my health problems. And my mothers. And my sisters.

No, it was a doctor who did that. All ACA did was make it more expensive. Maybe not on you, but overall.

You ever try the ACA for yourself to see if it's better for you or not?

I do not have enough money to "try" the ACA. It bankrupted my area. Businesses closed because they couldn't comply, and took away those jobs. OK, on second thought, I guess I did "try" the ACA... we all did.

I paid for medical insurance my whole life... my whole damn life! Had I put the money I paid the insurance companies in a small portfolio, I would have plenty today to pay for whatever I needed. But instead, the depression threw me out of work, and the ACA made damn sure I stayed that way... no insurance when I needed it, and yet I'm supposed to pay for someone else's? Are you freakin' serious?

I'm tired of making rich dudes richer and myself poorer. If you think it's such a great idea, go start a GoFundMe for Goldman Sachs and get away from my healthcare. You've done enough harm.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The biggest problem is what we see in this very thread. There is no consensus, and little willingness to even understand the issues. It comes back, as things tend to do, with "my politician is better than your politician" and we all get stuck in a worse shape because of it. All the while the people who don't want for anything are laughing all the way to the bank.

There are logical solutions, but they're not Republican or Democrat solutions, they don't make rich folks richer, and thus no one cares.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: DBCowboy
The ACA made healthcare much , much better for me and my family.

And I got to keep my doctor.

You're welcome.

I probably had to pay for it.

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join