It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Low Birthrate like many other western nations

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I call b's on this one my girlfriend and I have 4 kids together oldest one is 4 youngest is 2 months and guess what she is a cell phone junkie she constantly taking selfies and sending them to me via Snapchat or loading them to Instagram compared to her I am a Lucite most of the 20 something age group people I know are either pregnant or just had babies or both and that is a group of mostly Caucasian and African Americans so I have no idea where they are getting their numbers from.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: chr0naut

If you cant readbwrite and speak the local language how are you going to make money?

Money!

edit on 011CST11America/Chicago006111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We don't need more people. In fact, it's selfish to have a kid without being financial and emotionally stable. We need less babies, and better/prepared parents.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

You have 4 kids under the age of 4, holy crap man that's going get interesting, I take there is at least 1 set of twins. Maybe get a taxi sign for the roof of your car your going to need to get used to it when they all play sports and go to school...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
We don't need more people. In fact, it's selfish to have a kid without being financial and emotionally stable. We need less babies, and better/prepared parents.

I've always felt that way. Lately, however, I am reevaluating this position. It is a very modern viewpoint. Through most all of human history, no one had very much money. There were very few wealthy, the rest were serfs or peasants. Yet they had large families. They had to, infant mortality was high, there were wars and plagues, life was short.

Now we are here. If we don't have our own children, others are going to do that for us. The governments are forcing it upon us. If you want a future for your children, you must have those children, or be replaced. Women that bear children are doing a service that must not be discouraged. Even if they are less than wealthy.

We are in a demographic arms race; a baby race. Lose it and be wiped out.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

That seems silly. Your reason for having more babies is because of race? That's silly. Overpopulated the earth and have unnecessary kids because your afraid of another race being a majority..

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's not so bad lots of diapers and seriously thinking about buying a dozen cows to supply milk but what I am dreading most is when they hit teenage years .

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Imagine what is was like before disposable nappies..

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
People who are "connected" become completely disconnected.

Took me a long time but eventually I too will finally disconnect for good.

People who have no Internet are much nicer. People who are constantly connected? Suck.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Here in the states you turn 16-17 and your parents are looking to kick you out and your on your own with generally no help.

LMFAO Your parents are still legally responsible for you at those ages and no most aren't looking to kick their kids out. In fact we have an epidemic of what the italian's call grandi bambini's. These kids don't leave mom and dads house. They want to just take the nest over and bypass the hard part of building their own nest and filling it with their own babies. They want to just have fun and have everything the hell with kids (too much responsibility and such a drag on your social life) and the hell with building their own space.

Millennial's are the laziest, crappiest kids to ever walk the face of the earth. I'm a millennial. I've watched my millennial brothers and sisters (literal and figurative) with shame. They're easily duped into believing just about anything posted on the internet. They have no desire for freedom and definitely an aversion to responsibility.

You know who had a lot of kids? The baby boomers, who you claim only cared about themselves. Guess our generation ought to learn something from those boomers huh?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

It's not the internet as much as social media. it desensitizes you. you're continually exposed to the most radical, crazy ideas, as well as the most vitriol and hatred you could imagine. The internet is dominated by people who have no friends in real life. There's a reason they have no friends, not because they choose not to have them but because no one wants to be around them.

I deleted my sole remaining social media account over this last weekend. Its been a hard change but a nice one. I'll browse a little here or there but no need to obsessively check it and search it. There's a whole real world going on around us.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I'm glad it's people with your mindset that don't have kids. I have 4. When you and I are old and dying, my 4 will outnumber your zero and they can help determine the direction the world takes. I will have increased my influence and you will have had zero.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: toms54

That seems silly. Your reason for having more babies is because of race? That's silly. Overpopulated the earth and have unnecessary kids because your afraid of another race being a majority..

No. I did not address my reply to any particular race. I was thinking US vs foreign at the time but would say the same to anyone. Why do you have to be so racist? There are examples all over the world of govts bringing in foreign populations to augment those ageing with low birthrate.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I'm glad it's people with your mindset that don't have kids. I have 4. When you and I are old and dying, my 4 will outnumber your zero and they can help determine the direction the world takes. I will have increased my influence and you will have had zero.

I keep seeing posts by people saying the world has too much population, don't have children because global warming, or whatever. We live in countries with such a low birthrate, the govt is trying to bring in more people. They should lecture the countries with sky high birthrates.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Wrong. Maybe you live grew up in an affluent community but in poor areas your in your ads when you turn 18. I already had my own apartment on the otherside of the country by 17.

The typical American parental mindset from the boomers and late Gen X was to kick their kids out either you go to college or get a job and a place all on your own

That is average

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So your kids will be mindless robots with no individual opinions?

Let's see how your kid's kids are doing in a more populated world. If everybody thinks like you, then humanity will grow too big. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have kids, but you should be happy that there are people who aren't having kids or are adopting kids.

edit on 27-11-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Places like Africa are where the population is exploding. When I was young, they always had plagues and famines. Now those problems are improved but they still have 10 -12 children.

The aid workers should start passing out birth control with the food.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The weird thing is. I can't stand being around most people. Even when I had friends I found it quite annoying that I had to spend time with them. It really wasn't "fun" for me.

I deleted myself and all of my posts from Facebook a few years ago. Deleting absolutely everything. Removing tags, pictures, posts. I found out that people on social media are typically nothing more than pride freaks. They pride themselves by sharing something they found. And constantly want your approval. There was a youtube video showing how Facebook is more like an illicit drug. I found myself in that category and then one day I stopped doing that.

Now I only watch Netflix or youtube and play video games. I am so glad that I don't have anyone close. I can actually focus on my job and I am great at doing it.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Wrong.

Nope. Here's the data. LINK

Maybe you live grew up in an affluent community

Nope, lower middle to middle class.

I already had my own apartment on the otherside of the country by 17.

Ahhh, so you're projecting your experience onto everyone else, in spite of the data. Very... millennial of you.

The typical American parental mindset from the boomers and late Gen X was to kick their kids out either you go to college or get a job and a place all on your own.

And yet the data proves that didn't happen, or at least, it happened at a rate much lower than previous generations. The difference is that millenials are whiney babies who never want to move out so they took offense to normal parenting (once you're of age you should spread your wings, little bird) and just wanted to be coddled. So they whined about it a lot more while doing it a lot less.

That is average

No, in fact as a millennial you were more likely to live with your parents than to be on your own by age 27, which was the first time in US history that had been true.

But go on, complain about how no one cares about millennial's and we have it so hard. It does nothing but reinforce the stereotype about us. We literally have the easiest lives of any generation in human history. Yet if you talk to the average millennial they believe the exact opposite. Hell, they believe 2017 was the hardest year to be alive in all of human history. That's how dumb this generation is.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I am happy there are people who chose not to have kids. It's natural selection at work.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join