It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO and time travel (backward)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There is the Goddard incident as an example of a time slip:
www.messagetoeagle.com...

If we wanted to start with something simple, create a SSD or hard disk drive that could be written back into the past from the future. Maybe that would involve isolating the state from the starting time and the present. Then the only way information could be written is from the future.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JayJay77
Do any of you believe that an alien civilization, if advanced enough, could travel backward in time or at the very least communicate backward in time?

IMHO - Absolutely impossible...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: merka

Which would make time travel pointless because you can't do anything with it that's not been done.

I always figured the big bang is a repetitive process, that all matter goes back to a point of singularity eventually and everything starts again, dark matter says otherwise though. But if things did happen that way, a civilization advanced enough could potentially escape the bubble and start at day 1. The rest would be a waiting game.

Time travel could be possible with alternate realities, which again would be kinda pointless, since it's not your reality. I guess with enough study you could make the perfect universe though...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: JayJay77

What if they aren't "alien"?

Highly advanced and evolved humans from a distant future, trying to change the past to create a better alternative future?

BREXIT ! ..... aaaahhhhhgggggggg

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think time travel is somehow a different timeline and possibly interdimensional..... it gets deep dont ask me to explain i will get a headache

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Maybe the reason the aliens crash sometimes is because the "Earth Time Defense Force" from 2150 keeps intercepting them and shooting them down?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The first indication that should tell you that time travel is possible is your own thoughts specifically those things we call memories and every time you recall one you are essentially travelling through time itself...
Although the math which says also that time travel is plausible only black projects of this time have accomplished it...
Unless of course you have had an encounter with what you could only deem to be a UFO when in reality it’s possible you were looking at yourself from another place and time...
Sounds strange to most I’m sure, but I just brushed the surface there...
edit on 25-11-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: ausername

What if they weren't human?

Highly advanced and evolved forms of Penis Snakes (yes its a real snake) that can operate outside the bubble of time.

The Penis Snake.

\

I dunno , that's to Hard to Believe........

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JayJay77

Why does it have to be alien? Because by the time we find out how to do this we also know we ARE aliens?

But, you asked about time travel. Yes, it is us in the future or is it us in the past 20 thousand years ago before we built ourselves up and removed us almost from existence. A lot to think about.

One timeline though. The alternate reality. Nah. Just the ability eventually to live it over and over until you get the ending you want. I mean, we are just living in a simulation...right?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
infinite timelines. The one's nearest being the most similar, but never the same. Being infinite, you can never pick the timeline you came from, infinite granularity. In each timeline, entropy differs. Some things don't happen, some do. Eventually, that has a profound effect on the future. Time travel either way may be possible, but we could never return to exactly where we departed.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

But ones own energy is not infinite. There is more energy to create more life each day but we are what we are. How can our energy exist in two places?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I recently listened to a Coast-to-Coast show called Mantis Encounters (non-free content).

If I remember right the 7-foot Mantis species that gifted us with the insect of the same name said to their contact that they exist outside of our conventional time stream. For our species time runs only forward, but the Mantis beings would seem to be exempt from that restriction.

Sounds hilarious, I know, but for some reason the man telling the Mantis story did not come across as a complete lunatic. You would have to listen to the interview to see what I mean.

The question remains why a super-advanced species living beyond the boundaries of time and space would gift Earth with female insects that eat their male partners after sex. What were they trying to tell us?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Time is personal. From your perspective, even if you were somehow to physically or mentally interact with a construct of reality that we could reasonably call the "past" or "future," you would always be moving forward along your personal timeline. Nothing will change that until you die.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There is an interesting experiment out there called the "delayed choice quantum eraser". Basically some researchers took the predictions of quantum mechanics at face value, and set up an apparatus to test whether information really does go back in time in a quantum system.

en.wikipedia.org...

The result they got is interesting. You know how "quantum entanglement" can supposedly send information instantaneously in a way (but not quite exactly...) ?

Well, they demonstrated that in that weird way where it sends information instantly, it can actually send information faster than instant.

The "twin" particle can actually know something about the other BEFORE it happens.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadlink
I think time travel is somehow a different timeline and possibly interdimensional..... it gets deep dont ask me to explain i will get a headache

Quantum mechanics comes to the rescue for time paradoxes too. It actually gives a fairly simple solution.

Suppose you go back in time and kill Hitler before he can become famous.

Version without quantum mechanics:

------------------------

So: 1. Hitler dies young. A new time line emerges, with no Hitler in it.

2. Your future self (if you are still born) doesn't know about Hitler, and doesn't go back in time to kill him. (Saving his life by inaction.)

3. The original timeline is restored. You are born, grow up, learn about Hitler, get a time machine and kill him.

4. Non-hitler timeline is restored. You don't go back in time and kill him.

5.......... etc...........

Basically time is stuck in an infinite loop.

------------------------------

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Now let's add quantum mechanics. In quantum mechanics, some of what quanta do is truly random. Infinitely random. Has absolutely nothing to do with the quanta's previous state.

So let's repeat this experiment.

2. Your future self (if you are still born) doesn't know about Hitler, and doesn't go back in time to kill him. (Saving his life by inaction.)

3. The original time line is restored, starting from the moment Hitler should have died in time line #2.

However, because some of what happens is perfectly random, the original time line doesn't progress in an exactly identical manner. Your future self may, or may not choose to go back in time and kill Hitler. (Indeed you may or may not still be born if a different sperm finds a different egg.)

Maybe you do still kill Hitler. Maybe you don't. But the loop is no longer an infinite loop. Even if it takes a trillion tries, time will simply re-roll the quantum dice until a consistent timeline emerges.

(Many of the random outcomes that lead to consistent timelines are not very happy outcomes for the time traveler....)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Now let's add quantum mechanics. In quantum mechanics, some of what quanta do is truly random. Infinitely random. Has absolutely nothing to do with the quanta's previous state.

So let's repeat this experiment.

3. The original time line is restored, starting from the moment Hitler should have died in time line #2.

However, because some of what happens is perfectly random, the original time line doesn't progress in an exactly identical manner. Your future self may, or may not choose to go back in time and kill Hitler. (Indeed you may or may not still be born if a different sperm finds a different egg.)

Maybe you do still kill Hitler. Maybe you don't. But the loop is no longer an infinite loop. Even if it takes a trillion tries, time will simply re-roll the quantum dice until a consistent timeline emerges.

(Many of the random outcomes that lead to consistent timelines are not very happy outcomes for the time traveler....)

Or there are no paradoxes because everything that will happen and everything that already has happened is one timeline. Meaning, you cant go back and successfully kill Hitler - since we know he existed, that will never happen. Someone travelling back in time would already have affected the timeline. Someone could have travelled back and failed - or they simply cant because its impossible. No matter what you do, you cant change either the past or the future.

But granted, it is a rather boring way to look at time travel, lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: merka

I remember reading a theory on time travel a whole ago. I can't remember where so won't be able to provide links but it was similar to this up to a point. That point wadb the time tha Time Travel becomes a reality. It's as far back in history future time travellers will be able to go

I confess I can follow it so far but it goes after my head after a while...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
By the time you discover the truth, could it be a lie?

How would you know, if you can't go back and check?

Surely there must be a foregone conclusion based on faith, or the definite will never definitely happen.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join