It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All federal funding to PBS/NPR should be stopped unless bias changes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Agreed. This bias has been plain for years, why should we pay to propagandize ourselves?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The problem is this BS disguised as news just confirms people's bias. Both political ideologies are guilty here. It's just one side does it to a level where it is ripping a nation apart.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I think one of the issues is that, normally, its very difficult to recognize our own bias. This trait that is inherent to all of us has been used as manipulation.

So, we have a bunch of folks that have redefined a heavy bias as either "centrist," or even "unbiased." It also creates an environment where literally every differing viewpoint is seen as "right wing propaganda." In essence, reality is seen as propaganda with all the trappings that implies.

Its really a shame, because I think stations like PBS specifically have a ton of potential as a concept.

I agree with you 100% and I would be VERY happy to donate to PBS/NPR if they could accept their pre-conceived bias and do something to mitigate it. I support a lot of what they do but I also HIGHLY disagree with about 50% of what they put on the air - where they have to single out specific "gender issues", "homosexual issues", etc (a queue of progressive ideals/qualities). I relly don't need to listen to 4 hours of womens, trans and homosexual stories on a Friday night from 7 to 11. That is what sealed it for me - it was clear as day they were at war with traditional values (and men for the most part).

My plan is to call in whenever they have a fund raiser and tell them I'll donate XX amount, then when it comes time to give them all the info tell them that the donation is waiting and ready for them if they can clean up their biased reporting.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Used to watch PBS back in the day.

Before there was an internet, we watched "Wall Street Week" with Louis Rukeyser.

His show was classic. Before Cramer and financial news network and all that crap. His shining hour was the October 18 1987 stock market crash.

And Saturday Night Live opened that week with a WSW sketch featuring John Lovitz as Louis Rukeyser, and Phil Hartman as a nervous financial analyst. The week's recommended investments:

"We are urging our clients to go down to their bank first thing Monday morning, and withdraw absolutely all their money... insist on cash."

Lovitz/Rukeyser asks what investments they trust: "bottled water, canned foods, propane, rural real estate. we're also recommeding, ah, shotguns...."

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

100 % . Hope it happens

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join