It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the forgotten smoking guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: james1947
Betty and Barney Hill is now a proven event (after all Betty's map is a 99.1% match to the real world)

In your opinion.

In every aspect of life/existance, 99.1% is a "sure thing", a "done deal", I think you understand where I coming from...So, just HOW is that an opinion?

(Hell we all rely on probabilities far less than that for virtually all of our necessities every day)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: james1947

I consider the Hills case to be a strong one. The argument for extraordinary is more compelling, in my opinion, than the various prosaic ones.

In some other post, I said to you that my confidence isn't high with the starmap. Your confidence is 100% and that doesn't therefore mean everyone else is wrong, stupid or out to piss you off.

For my confidence to match yours I'd need to know that the incident wasn't staged by people associated with programs like MKULTRA or guys like Gottlieb. Thanks to the destruction of most of the evidence, it isn't possible to eliminate that doubt. On top of that, hypnotic regression isn't recognised as infallible and it isn't admissible in courts due to studies that identify the fluidity of our memories.

It's impossible for me to be certain Betty's recollection was accurate which puts a question mark over the starmap. Its provenance is subjective and filtered through the process of hypnosis and the practitioner, Simon.

I hope you can find a way to appreciate that I'm not being dismissive of your belief. You might be absolutely right in your conviction and I can totally dig it.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

In every aspect of life/existance, 99.1% is a "sure thing", a "done deal", I think you understand where I coming from...So, just HOW is that an opinion?

Not everybody agrees with your percentage. That makes it your opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

NOT YOU AGAIN!
crap, i should'nt have mentioned betty and barney, should i have?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Do you not see a rather serious problem with this instance? Just how-in-the-hell did those ET's build anything? How do they manipulate tools?

amazing! you somehow missed the entire point of my thread, despite litterally shoving it in your face:
ETH DOESN'T EXPLAINS ALL CASES! (and thanks to the similarity between all them, IDH also applies to the ETH sounding ones too)

Roswell

nope, all earlier witnesses to the event,, describe completely mundane stuff, only the "late arrivals" (70's and later) describe anything odd

Rendlesham are unknowns

50% of it is unexplained, but the triangle in the woods story and everthing larry warren produced are obvious fabrications

Betty and Barney Hill is now a proven event (after all Betty's map is a 99.1% match to the real world)

for the good of my sanity, i ain't even gonna touch that one, it ended badly last time

The Nimitiz footage is new an not fully analyzed.

agreed

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

man you really reminds me of another guy i always end in arguments with, his name is thommas morrison and he just like you, is a violent ETH supporter and will thrown a tantrum if one even tries to point a flaw on ETH

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

edit on 26-11-2018 by humanoidlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

exactly!

braxton county is a good example, the basic story leaves holes that make mistakes common but nobody ever mentions the ufo wave that was happening at that time and the frametown sighting that is nearly identical to the original report
mainstream ufologists hate UFO waves because they are hard to explain with ETH like a bunch of other things

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

prove it

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

agree
also betty turned into a pretty weird schizo person after the encounter

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

man you really reminds me of another guy i always end in arguments with, his name is thommas morrison and he just like you, is a violent ETH supporter and will thrown a tantrum if one even tries to point a flaw on ETH

I try to not be violent, and to not throw a tantrum. However, when I have science on my side, I do tend to get a bit assertive.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Not everybody agrees with your percentage. That makes it your opinion.

Not everybody has actually done the work to determine what the actual percentage of a match there is...as I have.

The percentage I have was given by a collection of computer vision methods used to analyze images. Its called AForge...check it out, maybe learn something new. In this specific instance the method was called "ExaustiveTemplateMatching"...So, the technology says 99.1%, and I know that there is no one that can dispute it successfully.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I consider the Hills case to be a strong one. The argument for extraordinary is more compelling, in my opinion, than the various prosaic ones.

In some other post, I said to you that my confidence isn't high with the starmap. Your confidence is 100% and that doesn't therefore mean everyone else is wrong, stupid or out to piss you off.

For my confidence to match yours I'd need to know that the incident wasn't staged by people associated with programs like MKULTRA or guys like Gottlieb. Thanks to the destruction of most of the evidence, it isn't possible to eliminate that doubt. On top of that, hypnotic regression isn't recognised as infallible and it isn't admissible in courts due to studies that identify the fluidity of our memories.

It's impossible for me to be certain Betty's recollection was accurate which puts a question mark over the starmap. Its provenance is subjective and filtered through the process of hypnosis and the practitioner, Simon.

I hope you can find a way to appreciate that I'm not being dismissive of your belief. You might be absolutely right in your conviction and I can totally dig it.

I can appreciate where you're coming from. When Betty drew her map she placed 24 stars on it. 7 of those stars were not discovered until the Hipparcos mission in the early 1990's. These are the stars the Ms. Fish didn't identify. In fact these 7 stars have not been identified until now, in my analysis.

But, it is these 7 stars that were not known at the time of the original drawing, nor, later when Ms. Fish did her interpretation.

Then there is the one star that nobody has mentioned before, the point of view...from where all this is visible.

Yes, the map is "filtered" through the specter of Hypnosis; but, and this is important, that Hypnosis can not affect the mathematical probabilities of the occurrence, nor can it affect the computer matching process. It is these things that remove the tampering of Humans from the past.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

heh same as him, he is actually a indepedent scientist and he hates how mainstream science ignores ufology because he thinks UFOs are proof that warp drives are possible

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

heh same as him, he is actually a indepedent scientist and he hates how mainstream science ignores ufology because he thinks UFOs are proof that warp drives are possible

I guess retired software architects are chopped liver

And, he is right, UFO's, when they are an extraterrestrial vehicle (as contrasted with everything else) are proof that "warp drives" are possible...but then again, there are modern, working on nano scales, theories that also, and better, prove that Warp Drives are indeed possible.

Then again, it might be possible to create a small warp without any special drive (other than capable of approaching light speed).

And, I would be completely willing to have an intelligent/scientific discussion of your IDH, the problem I have is that there is no scientific foundation for "your flavor" of dimension that I'm aware of. Alternately, we could cross over into the world of the Occult/Western Ceremonial Magick, and the Enochian System...If you can handle that...but, I fear that you will have to rename some things

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

my theories are based in the ages old works keel and vallee

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Mr. Lord, can you help me out here for a moment, or anybody else reading for that matter. What is ETH and IDH? I know I am going to be pissed for not knowing what these things are but I have to ask now instead of thinking about it for days.

I am finding this abduction thread interesting. I have always been skeptical of all of the abduction claims because I cannot ask questions myself to dig a little deeper. The other thing for me is how come there are not more recent abduction claims. It seems like the "good ones" are 20+ years old....

I am not saying that the abduction claims are false, there is some interesting information in all of them.... I am just saying that I do not have as good of an understanding on them as I would like

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AlFeynman

ETH is short for Extraterrestrial Hypothesis, and IDH stands for Inter-dimensional Hypothesis.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

And, he is right, UFO's, when they are an extraterrestrial vehicle (as contrasted with everything else) are proof that "warp drives" are possible...but then again, there are modern, working on nano scales, theories that also, and better, prove that Warp Drives are indeed possible.

Are they really? Chopped liver or not, he better have the lab time and/or IR&D funds to show something for those theories, no? MIT should ring him up. MIT Lightcraft - Silent, Model Plane

Or maybe he should ring up CERN??

Billions of dollars spent attempting to get two lousy protons to annihilate each at speeds approaching the speed of light; the world’s foremost engineering university can’t even envision technology beyond drones, but there are ‘theories’ and ‘working on nano scales’ of technology that usurps all that with a little warp drive? Ok, if you say so, but everyone else says no.

And whoever mentioned the conquering the speed of sound barrier as comparable in achievement terms to that of conquering the speed of light barrier, truly has no relativistic grasp of the sheer magnitudes of difference.

In all likelihood, this is a phenomenon (phenomena) that has been here since time immemorial. As humans, we’ve
made limited sense of it through story-telling, and then more perceptively, through science. And as our tools of measurement become more refined, we’re likely to understand more, just as we are at MIT and CERN...neither of which could pull off a Bob Lazar and backdoor the secrets of the universe (ultimately that is what someone is claiming when these ever-so-often claims of FTL crop up — the best being, the idea/notion/delusion California AF bases routinely launch and land these craft, but I digress...), right?

The star map, I can’t speak to how well vetted it is, but you’re absolutely correct in your assertion about the maths and probablities...problem is, how does one make such a giant leap of faith using the same fundamental maths (simple, irrevocable probability distribution functions) regarding ‘warp drives’/superluminal/FTL/_insert favorite parlance_?

Maybe CERN is a big cover to destroy the earth and MIT is filled with a bunch of teachers and no doers, but it really doesn’t fit too well with the second law of thermodynamics or the ‘path of least resistance’ or the law of conservation and many other tenets of science that would be the case. 100% that isn’t the case — because of science.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Beef! That's your best response ever! Keep up the good writing!

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join