It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russians Are Going To Verify That The Moon Landing Was Real

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Aperture speed

The terms are lens aperture and shutter speed. Two different functions that can control the amount of light during film exposure. There is film speed (often referred to as ASA) which is how sensitive the film media is to light.

There is no aperture speed.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If they would like to do this it would be very much appreciated and I'd support then 1 billion %.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Thank you.

I was going to make this same comment.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
That's like saying that american christians are going to prove that catholics are right and Shroud of Turin is real. Ruskis not only kept lying and covering stuff for decades they still do it via various state funded media and if there's major coverup involving alien presence on the moon then you can bet russians are part of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Playing devils advocate here

The stuff on the moon could have been out there by unmanned drones.

Orrr

The real moon landing happened and some of the men died(see Apollo 1) and the rest went but didn't dare take photos of them self possibly dying.

I think we went but they monkyied with the pics
edit on 25-11-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

Playing devils advocate here

The stuff on the moon could have been out there by unmanned drones.

I appreciate the devil's advocacy caveat but:

A lot of the experiments that they set up needed doing by people - they couldn't have been done by robots, which at the time were not all that sophisticated.

There's also the fact that we have live TV footage of them doing that set-up, and photographs. Those photographs and TV footage contain details that have also been confirmed by subsequent orbital probes but were not known about before, like smaller craters and rocks that were below the threshold of the Lunar Orbiters in the 1960s. The images also record Earth from the surface exactly as it should be appear (as confirmed by weather satellites), and the scientific equipment beamed back data for many years from the locations in which they landed. It isn't just a question of one thing provides the proof, everything hangs together - right down to the smallest details.

Orrr

The real moon landing happened and some of the men died(see Apollo 1) and the rest went but didn't dare take photos of them self possibly dying.

Other than Apollo 1, who died? All of the people who went came back, they took photos, broadcast on TV and filmed on 16mm, you can see their faces. I've met several of them.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There are many interesting opinions in this thread.
I do find it interesting that there has been so many manned missions into space by many nations, and yet not once back to the moon by anybody.

Was it really that hard to go the once, so hard that almost 50 years later with massive jumps in technology right across the board no other attempts have ever been made ?

I just find that very odd.
edit on 25-11-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What manned missions? Why would a manned mission to the moon make sense?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I expected to get lit up for trying to set the facts straight. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

So Russia lands a rover in an area where they know we didn't land and send back pictures saying "LOOK, NOTHING THERE" I am not saying I trust our government here in the U.S. but I distrust the Russians even more.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
China will launch a mission and say both the US and Russia are lying, and a few hundred years laters people are living like an episode of Firefly.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

So Russia lands a rover in an area where they know we didn't land and send back pictures saying "LOOK, NOTHING THERE" I am not saying I trust our government here in the U.S. but I distrust the Russians even more.

The moon has been mapped in detail by China, Japan and India. You could not pass off one area as another. You wold also be able to tell where the transmission came from.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
So do you think that they get up there see nothing and then lie, creating more fake pictures?

Seems to be crazy if they would do that, but a guess it's possible.

I think some people will say we didnt go in 69 but sometime after, maybe when we got the traiangles up and running, like in the 80s or 90s
or maybe more recently , they went up to the moon and planted all the "stuff" so if someone goes there they will find the evidence.

The conspiracy lives on... 😉

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I do find it interesting that there has been so many manned missions into space by many nations, and yet not once back to the moon by anybody.

Not just the moon. Apart from the (apparent) Apollo missions, no other earthbound creature has ever gone past low earth orbit.

I find that incredibly "interesting"... Or maybe just very disappointing.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Oh I think we went with humans, but they were worried that the men were going to die of not be able to transmit for whatever reason

The pictures and video were basically the pay off for the American public, I do t think the powers that be wanted to say 'sorry the equipment broke, or the astronauts are sick of dying' broadcast to the world and had back ups ready.

Some made it into the actual media releases as actual photos and movies.

But still I think we went.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The USSR sent two probes to the moon with a variety of life-forms on board. The first one was a success and the creatures on board survived. The second one crash landed on Earth, killing everything on board.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
We went my Grandfather worked it. I graduated with a guy that retired from the cape a few years ago.

We went

Nothing positive in the cost benefit analysis in the end.

Other things to spend money on like war and welfare.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
They can not even figure out who sabotaged their space station rides so i would not hold my breath waiting for the truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here's an interesting thing to ponder about manned spaceflight...

In 1969 it took about 3 days to reach the Moon from Earth. The distance is nominally 252,000 miles (it varies).

In the 50 years since we've been to the Moon mankind has yet to develop a spacecraft which can travel appreciably faster than Apollo did. Yes, some of the probes like Voyager have accelerated themselves to greater speeds using the gravitational pull of other planets like a slingshot, but still they are only traveling in the tens of thousands of miles per hour.

For 50 years we've heard stories about travel at velocities approaching the speed of light, and how it's likely possible. No one has done it yet, but they say it might be possible. Fifty years!

Now, let's look at the Moon shot a little more carefully. The trip to the Moon took 3 days, that's 72 hours or 4,320 minutes. 4,320 minutes equals 259,200 seconds. So in 1960's technology it took 259,000 seconds to travel to the Moon.

Traveling at the speed of light, this journey would take just under one and one half SECONDS! (we won't get into the slowing down part).

And today, 50 years later, if we were able to launch a mission to the Moon it would take...still 3 days.

People talk about progress, about how humans are ingenious beyond description. What's the single greatest technological invention of the human race in those 50 years? The cell phone. What major disease has been cured in the last 50 years? Nothing. Wars still exist, famine still exists, cancer still exists.

Whether mankind actually landed on the Moon in 1969, or if they just went there, isn't really the question. I'm not even sure it's even relevant anymore. What we should really be asking ourselves is why the hell are we not significantly more advanced then what we are??? Look at how many technological leaps happened in the 50 years that preceded 1969, there were tons of them (nuclear power/weapons, disease, etc.), but since 1969? Well, we got...the cell phone...woo-hoo.

Fifty years!
edit on 11/25/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What's the single greatest technological invention of the human race in those 50 years? The cell phone

Are you being serious?

MRI Scanners are a far greater technological invention over the past 50 years.

Bloody Cell Phones lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join