It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i remember someone sayin somethin about ats havin integrated chess or somethin on it? does anyone have any info on this, cos a tourny would be fun. i have no clue how to play chess though....

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Haven't played for a long time, but I'm for some Internet chess.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i suck at chess but i'd play

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
well i guess i'll go find a few books or somethin, i dunno.

i hear chess is the hard one, checkers would bebetter lol! all the complex moves and stuff, i dunno.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
William is realy busy working on the site and he plans to get the chess up soon thats all. A little dealy.

Chess is a very hard game to learn. It takes awhile, but against a guy who never played in his life is a differnt story.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
william is incredibily dedicated to his work, if i'm in NYC anytime soon ima order and pay for a pizza and have it delivered to his house lol.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The best way to learn how to play chess is to just take a stab at it like a madman. Don't stop stabbing until the game is done. When it is over look for more victims to stab and stab that until they scream, "Bloody murder". Then when you are done with them, then stab some more people, and more and more and more till there is nothing left to stab. That is how I learned. I may not be the best, but then again I never said I stopped stabbing either. So take a stab at it. It is really fun. Chess is probably the greatest game ever created. It does so much for your intellect it is amazing. I figure that if their is still a world at the time that chess will be just as popular, if not more popular thousands of years from now. Chess is timeless and a pure classic.

As for the chess progress. Well I don't know the specifics but last time I heard, William mentioned that the project was harder than he thought it would be to produce. So he hasn't forgot. He just lacks the resource for the time being. I hope that helps. I am sure that when William sees this he will give you the 411.

Abraham

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Word, I love chess, I play as much as a can. I love making the most random move, just so you can see how your oppent will react, once you learn their reactions and style you set em up for systematic destruction.

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by SaltyBeachedRat]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If the ability to have a chess tourny is developed, I would be very interested.

Sounds great!

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It's simple to learn, but the hard part is getting good at it. The pieces have simple movement (only the knights are a little difficult to understand for a lot of people).

I would be happy to see a chess thing here.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
With chess I'll have no free time outside of ATS!!

new topics

top topics

join