It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web hosting with HostPapa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
DON'T DO IT!!

There was a mistake on their landing page, and I was over charged as a result. They continually delay returning the overcharge, and ignore my request to have my new account cancelled under their 30-day money back guarantee.

The service has been awful, the interface hasn't changed in 5+ years, and the price is ridiculous.

All of my accounts have been closed except the 30-day guarantee and moved to another service.

Do yourself a favour and don't use HostPapa

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

Well, there is that saying, you get what you pay for.

Write a registered letter and cancel your subscription with it ASAP. Then, depending on the post service you use, you´ll even have an exact time and date when the letter was delivered.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Good advice, thanks!

I should have remembered this when I saw the HostPapa guarantee.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

Thank you for the consumer advisory. I host my own servers but i am cuious on the details of your hosting package.

I had an experience one time where join.me offered a free trial for 3 weeks for their pro account service which was extended to new accounts at $15 per month. When the trial ended my account rolled into a paid account at $25 per month. I called customer service and asked why i am not being charged the $15 when i signed up for the trial and they explained that price was only available during the week when I enrolled in the trial and the effective price in their terms of service was the price when my trial ended. I no longer have a join.me account and use splashtop instead, which is better and cheaper.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta
a reply to: verschickter
I should have remembered this when I saw the HostPapa guarantee.

Cant promise it, but they can guarantee it. Words matter, know the difference. :-p

top topics

join