It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deal with Mexico Paves Way for Asylum Overhaul at US Border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: projectvxn

3 cheers for Mexico!

...and of course our expert negotiator, President Trump.

This is the type of solution needed. It is so important to weed out ineligible asylum seekers before they set foot on our native soil.

It also needs to be made very clear that only those fleeing GOVERNMENT PERSECUTION are eligible to apply for asylum. No exceptions!

You got that last part right. We have folks implying all alleged asylum seekers deserve to be admitted to the US without vetting prior to any entry. And isn’t it funny that once the distinction between legal immigration and illegal immigration was finally hammered through to the main stream media, now every potential immigrant is an asylum seeker?

How many of these alleged asylum seekers, by their own admission, are fleeing the sorts of things that many of our own US citizens live with every.single.day of their lives?

And though it’s been stated, and ignored, numerous times in these boards, if one is legitimately seeking asylum, they don’t cross three countries to do it...they would do it in the first country they come to outside of their own.
edit on 24/11/2018 by Lab4Us because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

How many of these alleged asylum seekers, by their own admission, are fleeing the sorts of things that many of our own US citizens live with every.single.day of their lives?

I couldn't agree more Lab4Us

I would wager a significant number are fraudulent claims of asylum. Fortunately, asylum is a privilege and not something we are required to grant. Frankly, we are presently unable to take care of our own people and as a Nationalist I feel that is the most important thing we can do. Once 100% of our people are taken care of, then we can worry about foreign nationals who have their own government for that reason. And if their government doesn't work, abolish it and replace it with something/someone that does

But to think that they should be dumped off the US and we have some responsibility to take care of them? I think that is the biggest lie they've tried to sell us yet

Not that I feel its the government's (AKA each Citizen) job to provide for anyone, but if we are going to even consider granting privileges like asylum, then we need to be double certain no Americans can benefit before even entertaining the thought of providing for a foreign national

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Pretty much tagging to see the mental gymnastics later to still call trumpan evil white racist... but mexico is just some poor brown people being taken advantage of.

That said its a smart move by the Mexican govt, say we will do this but you owe us big later down the road.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It will not pass unless it paves the way for those in immediate danger to cross legally anywhere. That is the heart of the asylum process and has to be maintained. Of coarse 99% of people coming across today are not in immediate danger but claim to be without proof. It is already possible for border agents to reject those not in danger. Better training and more direct enforcement by border agents could also go a long way to stopping the flow. I suppose they will come out with different classes of danger.

Just look up Chong Song if you want to know what immediate danger is and why we have the asylum process at all.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I don't think trump would have done this if the repubs had swept the midterms.

This was initiated by Obrador. Trump just accepted and agreed to work with him. Do you really think Trump would have told him "no" just because of some election?

We will see.

Do you think he's going to change his mind since a few hours ago?

The wall is still needed. At this point, nothing will change that. Maybe if we had done this 20 years ago, but not now.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOne7

It will not pass unless it paves the way for...

Pass what? This is something Mexico is doing to help the immigration issue, in conjunction with Trump. If you mean passing Congress, what power does the US Congress have over Mexico?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Oh that would be great if mexico held all those refugees for us but it aint gonna happen and any deal or treaty does have to be voted on in the usa in order for the border guards to start to turn away legal refugee applicants to wait in mexico.

Te logical step if i were potus would be to remove the unconstitutional deployment of our troops from our border and simply deploy them into mexico to perform the same action that you all get wet dreams about now. Potus could do that without wiping his ass with the constitution.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

"It will not pass unless it paves the way for..." When I read that post, I formed the impression he was referring to funding for the border wall passing Congress.

There is much I could say re: the wall. I also think we need it and have ideas about how we can get it. The reason I won't discuss it here is just because I am tired of getting burned with "post removed" issues or warnings over some minor faux pas. Maybe in another thread just about that.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Quite a few posters admit to wanting no borders. Some say America is for everyone.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

so now washington post is trustworthy news? mass media is only right when it fits your agenda otherwise you laugh at it and call it "fake" just like chicken little falsely claiming the sky is falling when its actually falling no one is going to believe him. you guys have been telling me not to listen to chicken little now you're quoting him?

Whoever you're having these fights with, it isnt me.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Quite a few posters admit to wanting no borders. Some say America is for everyone.

Don't be getting the idea there's some kind of "agenda." That's just conspiracy theory crazy talk.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How much are we paying Mexico for this?

Another part of make Mexico Great.

the Trump Team likely tied the continued generosity of 'Assistance Monies' that Mexico already receives as the 'payment' to act as a screening Agent for both the USA & Mexico (seeing as how that government does not want freeloaders either)

I;m sure that additional $upport for the burdened Mexican Custom$ is also in the payment package agreement...
wow, youse guys don't give the Caucasian, upper class Pres. much room to operate without cutting him down, do ya?

Mexico, in realistic terms, helps the drug cartels continue to exist...so as to reap profits and generate a flow-of-revenue from the USA-into-Mexico populations and arguably into some LEOs dominated by the cartel 'owned' community organizers....

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well, that didn’t last long.

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s incoming government denied a report Saturday that it plans to allow asylum-seekers to wait in the country while their claims move through U.S. immigration courts, one of several options the Trump administration has been pursuing in negotiations for months.

“There is no agreement of any sort between the incoming Mexican government and the U.S. government,” future Interior Minister Olga Sanchez said in a statement.

Link

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Woah!

Hours earlier, The Washington Post quoted her as saying that the incoming administration of Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador had agreed to allow migrants to stay in Mexico as a “short-term solution” while the U.S. considered their applications for asylum. Lopez Obrador will take office on Dec. 1.

WTF WAPO?

I wonder whos telling the truth?

edit on 24 11 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Welp, I guess Trump just closes the damned border until Mexico cooperates.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is definitely an interesting turn of events, if abrupt.

Perhaps this is not how we #MAGA?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I think the Washington Post screwed up in this instance.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Drama.

Intrigue.

Or just a negotiating tactic. Mexico wants more (money, concessions, better trade deals. . . etc)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

How does one simply screw up when making direct quotes or citing primary sources?

Who the hell does that kind of thing and why? Oh wait...

# man. We're screwed. Someone is trying to poison a well somewhere and I think it starts with Joshua Partlow and
Nick Miroff who are the authors of the article.

It could also be that the Interior Minister is lying.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

wow, youse guys don't give the Caucasian, upper class Pres. much room to operate without cutting him down, do ya?

So questioning anything with the government is something against Trump. People should get over the everything said is against Trump thinking.

Dealings are almost always tied to money or guns (military action). I just hope Trump is standing up and using existing leverage instead of buying more cooperation. Waiting for info to be released.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join