It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancy a Joint?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Sounds epic. I normally would have smoked but on this occasion it wasn’t practical.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like it roasted myself.

I do like a pink roast but I fancied doing something different.

To accompany I’m doing babaganoosh (sp), crispy wedges and something else I haven’t thought of yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Don't slow roast a topside. It'll waste a good cut of meat.

That's my only advice really.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like it roasted myself.

I do like a pink roast but I fancied doing something different.

To accompany I’m doing babaganoosh (sp), crispy wedges and something else I haven’t thought of yet.

My daughter had a bad reaction to Tahina. My other daughter won't even try it. I am chicken, I can eat a little sesame seeds but do not want to push it.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Don't slow roast a topside. It'll waste a good cut of meat.

That's my only advice really.

Toprump = topside?

I would agree but it's ten a penny. In uk we eat this almost every Sunday, aka the Sunday roast. Hence why I wanted something different.

So yes, if it was a one off i would have delicately roasted.

It got eaten. It was different. They loved it. It was not a waste. If I had have done the standard roast it would nut have been remembered.

Wow. I am almost taking umbridge over your mild opinion. Just proves how personally we take food.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The end result was roasted aubergine because I could not find tahini in the shop. Maybe that is fate.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
How do you make a vegan roast?

I can only imagine, take all the veggie burgers you have and put them in a blender.

When it's kinda clay-like, get a broomstick and build your "roast" around it.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: rickymouse

The end result was roasted aubergine because I could not find tahini in the shop. Maybe that is fate.

We just picked up our half of a grass fed organic Limosin cow yesterday. All packaged up from a packing plant about fifty miles away. We know the people who raise the cows, they do an excellent job. So do the people at the packing plant, with our meaty soup bones and the the short ribs included, we came out with eighty two percent of the hanging weight on the 399 pound half. It winds up costing us about five dollars and seventy cents a pound overall, but the meat is great and this one was hung thirteen days. It is better if it hangs three weeks but two weeks is fine with grassfed Limosine.

The certification when they went to certified grassfed and certified organic raised our cost about a buck a pound though, the beef tastes the same because they raise it the same. But a hundred bucks minimum goes towards the certification and inspection processes. I liked it much better when it was a buck cheaper.

So we give a lot of beef away as Christmas presents to my family. If you consider what it actually costs us per pound when we eat way less than half ourselves, it costs us say fifteen bucks a pound. But we only have to give presents to the grandkids and great grandkids. We have so much junk, We may give away a hundred bucks worth of meat as presents but do not even want anything for a present. We have been donating stuff to vinnies for their thrift stores and I just got rid of my shop and must have given away about three thousand bucks worth of tools and supplies and antiques we could have sold at rummage sales. I hate having a rummage sale, I would rather shop at them than sell at one.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
How do you make a vegan roast?

I can only imagine, take all the veggie burgers you have and put them in a blender.

When it's kinda clay-like, get a broomstick and build your "roast" around it.

LOL Not exactly but, you can make a "meatloaf" type product out of lentils and quinoa and it's not too awful. I've had it once and it was heavy on the tomato sauce.

It was edible for those who want to play participate in the tradition of Sunday roasts.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: and14263

Purposefully clickbait title. Do I need to avoid clicking your threads at all in the future?

Please do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join