It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI6 Scrambling To Stop Trump From Releasing Classified Docs In Russia Probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The Telegraph has talked to more than a dozen UK and US officials, including in American intelligence, who have revealed details about the row.

British spy chiefs have “genuine concern” about sources being exposed if classified parts of the wiretap request were made public, according to figures familiar with discussions.

“It boils down to the exposure of people”, said one US intelligence official, adding: “We don’t want to reveal sources and methods.” US intelligence shares the concerns of the UK.

Another said Britain feared setting a dangerous “precedent” which could make people less likely to share information, knowing that it could one day become public. -The Telegraph

www.zerohedge.com...

For starters, I know this is Zerohedge which many people have a problem with, but the telegraph is behind a pay wall for me, and I only quoted the parts from the telegraph.

So what is the UK afraid of coming to light?

Remember back in March of 2017, when Fox news analyst Judge Napalitano was suspended for claiming that the US intel agencies may have worked with the UK intel agencies to spy on people connected to trump?

Fox News has dropped a legal analyst who claimed British intelligence might have helped spy on Donald Trump during his bid to become US president.

Andrew Napolitano had been pulled from the channel, a source at Fox said. The network made no immediate comment on Monday.

Napolitano said last week on Fox & Friends he had three intelligence sources who said Obama went “outside the chain of command” to watch Trump.

Britain dismissed the report as “nonsense” after the White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, quoted it in a briefing, part of the administration’s continued defence of Trump’s unproven contention that Obama wiretapped him at Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The director of the FBI, James Comey, testifying before Congress on Monday, became the latest official to state that no evidence had been found to support Trump’s charge.

www.theguardian.com...

Uk officials said it was nonsense. Comey said there was no evidence for that. And people like me that expressed concern over this story were laughed at as Conspiracy Theorists (though on ATS thats more of a compliment)

(Also, notice now that Napalitano has been let back on Fox, he has not brought this up again and is far more critical of Trump)

Well if it was all nonsense, what is MI6 worried about? There must be some involvement of UK intel officials in the spying of Carter Page, or else they would have no reason to try to convince Trump to not declassify the documents.

Now keep in mind, many people who dislike trump, democrats, MSM people and others are very very very concerned with Russian trolls posting on Facebook. They demand investigations, they want social media to combat fake news, some even say this could have swung the election.

And yet most of those same people have no problem at all with a foreign spy agency working with Obamas intel agencies using dirt paid fro by the Democrats and DNC to spy on thier opponent running for President.

I am tired of intel agencies, rather the be US, UK or wherever, telling the people we cant see these documents because sources and methods will be jeopardized and lives will be at risk, only to see over and over when the info does come out that they are completely lying, and the only thing exposed were facts that were embarrassing to these intel agencies

Lastly, seeing as how Russian Times now has very limited press credientials in gthe US because they are considered foreign propaganda, i think the BBC should be forced to follow suit, seeing as how their government seems to have interfered in the election in a far more substantial way. And perhaps its time to levy some sanctions against the UK, if in fact they meddled in the US election.

+40 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Honestly? Screw 'em. Don't spy on US citizens for Democrat political cronies.

Kiss my ass Mi6. You earned this one.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Keep doing the hard work Grambler. I look forward to reading your posts. This one is definitely an eyebrow raise.

Things that make you 'hmmm' indeed.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Honestly? This must be the worst excuse for these lies and liers not getting out into the public knowledge.

I bet the whole affair becomes so appalling to everyone involved, they just invent any excuse available in the spy masters bible of lame excuses.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Keep doing the hard work Grambler. I look forward to reading your posts. This one is definitely an eyebrow raise.

Things that make you 'hmmm' indeed.

Thank you!

For those ionterested, I will be discussing this and more on my channel during a live stream at 11am today.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Yea, only the US gets to spy on allies for political gains...

I really really want trump to declassify everything! Put everything in the public.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

This is a good point.

The us does this all the time. For example, they were outed spying on Merkel at one point.

So its pretty rich of the US establishment to then act appalled about Russia doing this.

And even more rich for them to selectively single out russia, when it seems that the establishment under Obama was in fact working with UK intel officials to spy on his opponent.

BUt I agree, everything should be released.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The SPYGATE documents can't be released until Bob Mueller's witch-hunt is terminated.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I hope he does declassify it all. The British establishment has proven itself since brexit to be in need of being burnt down and clearing out. Showing conspiracy against US democracy will start a nice little fire.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Another said Britain feared setting a dangerous “precedent” which could make people less likely to share information, knowing that it could one day become public. -The Telegraph

So what is the UK afraid of coming to light?

The answer to your question is right there in your own OP.

"Another said Britain feared setting a dangerous “precedent” which could make people less likely to share information, knowing that it could one day become public. -The Telegraph"
edit on 24-11-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

As others have said, yes, release EVERYTHING. All documents. All unredacted. Bring both "parties" secrets o light.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Does that also include bad intelligence? I think we could do with less of that. WMDs come to mind.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
MI6 and US Intel is one and the same entity only separated by borders allowing them to spy on each other for the benefit of the swamp. They mostly classify everything now to cover their criminal activities... Trump should declassify and take his case to the public.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on 24-11-2018 by Stevenjames15 because: no point in debating

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Lol, yeah right same old tired story. Speaking of when is tRump gonna release those documents? Or is this the one time he is bowing down to another country? Roflmao. a reply to: Grambler

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
MI6 and US Intel is one and the same entity only separated by borders allowing them to spy on each other for the benefit of the swamp. They mostly classify everything now to cover their criminal activities... Trump should declassify and take his case to the public.

This!

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I personally think a major row between the US and UK governments would either split the US or UK down the middle considering we're almost the same country culturally speaking (despite being across the "pond")...
edit on 24-11-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I don't think anyone could stop trump if he really wanted to release them.

I think the idea of releasing them is just to rally his base.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I really really want trump to declassify everything! Put everything in the public.

I don't disagree here. But as an American citizen who has no personal interest in spying on our allies, I certainly don't want foreign agents working with a particular party to rig an election.

We were told it was the Russians and Trump/Republicans, now it looks like the British and Democrats have the most to worry about.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Screw MI6.

Let the entire corrupt IC burn to the ground.

Playtime is over. Everybody out of the pool...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join