It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' criticized as racist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How bad is it they have their own cracker. Can I say cracker???

Snowflake Crackers

Whats the world coming to???

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

We need to start fighting back and attacking every black show that references white people as racist. By the time both sides get done, we should all thoroughly hate each other and there will be no comedy left in the world. What a great time to be alive.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bloodworth

*shrug*

It is what it is. I don't let it bother me. If someone would rather pay someone else to do housework, that's their choice. With some chores, I understand that impluse. I'd rather pay someone to do them too, and if there is someone out there who doesn't mind doing those chores enough they'd do them for pay ... I'd be happy to pay them.

Myself? I don't mind doing laundry. I might be willing to take in some neighbor's laundry for some extra money.

If they don't do their own laundry, is that some reflection on them?

It's called that priviledge

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And a mysterious lack of outrage over this?

The Pocket Book of Boners contains 22 illustrations of boners by Dr. Seuss.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 25-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It was a "pop-up" book as I recall. . . . .

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I guess I missed where privilege become a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It is odd that the black character is in a crappy chair sitting on their own on the opposite side of the table though, I noticed it immediately. I'm not saying racist, but clearly odd that it was drawn that way.

The way I see it, he has the whole side of the table to himself and he is the only one with a spoon. I also see the chair as more luxurious than the others... Yep, he has way more than the white kids.. racist!

/Silly sarcasm off

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone wants to make money to ensure their children have no privilege and have the worst chance possible in life.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

They’ve run out of things in 2018 to cry racism about. Now they have to rewrite history to be offended.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don't think this has stopped millions of people watching Charlie Brown. Just another badleft turn.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

a reply to: mamabeth

There are British comedy's from the 1970's which no broadcaster would dare show these days. White actors in make-up playing the parts of black or asian people.

You remember It Aint Half Hot, Mum? The older Indian guy in that. Well there was a massive row about him wearing makeup to look Indian, cos he was born to white parents.
The thing was though, he was actually born over there and could speak urdhu before he ever learned English
so it was all a mess really.
I showed an old episode to my kids via the web once and the thing that struck me was how often BSM Williams would call someone a poof lmao. If you made that now, you would get lynched!

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

It is odd that the black character is in a crappy chair sitting on their own on the opposite side of the table though, I noticed it immediately. I'm not saying racist, but clearly odd that it was drawn that way.

It's probably been said, but that's literally the point. He's showing that separate but equal isn't equal.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I guess I missed where privilege become a bad thing.

It's not bad. Just very hated today.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

i suspect that a list of the 70s teevee shows that could be re-broadcast in 2018 - would be a very short list

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

They also claim friends was sexist despite being one of the trailblazers that had a balanced cast and the first homosexual televised wedding. It's simply madness masquerading as sanity. It's an attempt to destroy history so we can repeat it.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Hell, even steve carrel said they'd never be allowed to make the office right now. the office ended in 2008. that's only 10 years ago.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
yeah, pity really as they were really well written, though a product of their times. My eldest son was aghast at some of the stuff that was mainstream when I was a kid.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I thought she was the old lady who owned thomas and jerry!

not a housekeeper but a nice old grandma who makes pies all the time
and you only ever seen her socks and frock

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

aye im waiting for the she/he-man remake

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone wants to make money to ensure their children have no privilege and have the worst chance possible in life.

I know. That's why it's horrible to read to our children and raise them with books in the house and letting them see mommy and daddy reading too. They then have an advantage and privilege that other little kids don't have.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join