It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' criticized as racist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It is odd that the black character is in a crappy chair sitting on their own on the opposite side of the table though, I noticed it immediately. I'm not saying racist, but clearly odd that it was drawn that way.

It was drawn that way because it was a fight to have that character there at all, let alone show Franklin in a way that most of us with our modern sensibilities would consider normal.

You have to recall the times these strips were produced in and the forces arrayed against Schulz. It was monumental that Franklin is there at all in any capacity.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Where’s PigPen!?Charlie Brown hates poor people too!?Damnit!

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

People are saying it's a racist act

A handful of people are saying it’s racist.

A larger contingent are using those handful of people’s comments as ammo against all of the left.

Morons begets morons.

The problem these days is that it only takes a handful to make this a major issue and get the thing banned.

You're right. Most of us don't care, but those squeaky wheels sure will get the grease. And the left doesn't seem to mind them ... in fact, this is a leftist mindset, and it will spawn more.

They barely let Stan Lee get cold in his grave before another small handful started in on how he was a racist. Their gripe? Stan Lee once said that Peter Parker should always be portrayed as a nerdy white male because that's how he had conceived of the character.

The horror! But apparently, the idea that Peter Parker should always be a white male made Stan Lee "problematic" and they had start in on that as soon as he died.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

A lot of cartoons that I watched years ago would be considered racist now.
Example:Tom and Jerry cartoons from the 1940's,they had a black housekeeper.

So did The Jeffersons.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Of course it’s racist.

Christmas is racist. Thanksgiving is racist. Easter too. Oktoberfest is racist. Married with children is racist. Brexit is even somehow racist. The Sentinel islanders are definitely racists.

Tonka trucks are racist. Lego too. He-Man is racist. Fox News is racist. Feminists are racist. Currency is racist. X Box is racist. Gummi Bears is racist (the candy AND the cartoon). Protests are racist. Driving is racist. Not driving is racist.

In fact, if you can find ONE single thing, animal vegetable mineral or idea that some weak gutless libtarded leftist can’t possibly consider ‘racist’ then you’re obviously a racist too.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
in 1983 we had a hispanic housekeeper in El Paso....so?a reply to: mamabeth

Why would no family members clean?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Peter Parker can be black and I think Martin Luther King should be played by a white person.

Wait only one of those is racist?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Peter Parker can be black and I think Martin Luther King should be played by a white person.

I bet Johnny Depp would make a great MLK.
He's a Leftist...so it wouldn't be racist.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Having a housekeeper doesn't mean no family members will clean. It just means no one has to time to clean as much as the house requires. Mom and dad work full-time, so they have a housekeeper who does the chores full- or part-time.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The crazy thing about it is that he didn't say Spider-Man could never be anything other than white, only that Peter Parker should always be a white male.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Actually they said spider Man can be non white, only Peter Parker can't be.

Anything else would make no sense.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Here's a list of leftist who played non white characters and no one cared.

m.huffpost.com...
edit on 25-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Having a housekeeper doesn't mean no family members will clean. It just means no one has to time to clean as much as the house requires. Mom and dad work full-time, so they have a housekeeper who does the chores full- or part-time.[/quot

Nice....

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Here's a list of leftist who played non white characters and no one cared.

m.huffpost.com...

They can do it because everyone knows that as good leftists, they have the best intentions always, even if it's something that might otherwise get someone labeled as racist.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

*shrug*

It is what it is. I don't let it bother me. If someone would rather pay someone else to do housework, that's their choice. With some chores, I understand that impluse. I'd rather pay someone to do them too, and if there is someone out there who doesn't mind doing those chores enough they'd do them for pay ... I'd be happy to pay them.

Myself? I don't mind doing laundry. I might be willing to take in some neighbor's laundry for some extra money.

If they don't do their own laundry, is that some reflection on them?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

People really are that ####ing stupid.

SMH

Pretty soon they'll be burning copies of The Cat in the Hat

She points out that the Cat in the Hat, perhaps Seuss’ most famous character, is based on minstrel stereotypes. “The Cat’s physical appearance, including the Cat’s oversized top hat, floppy bow tie, white gloves, and frequently open mouth, mirrors actual blackface performers; as does the role he plays as ‘entertainer’ to the white family—in whose house he doesn’t belong,” says Ishizuka.

www.slj.com...

edit on 25-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

"One fish, two fish
Red fish, Jew fish."

#WokeTruth

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If these cry wolf racists need a compass, go watch most offensive videos renditions of charlie brown shows.
www.mostoffensivevideo.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
They added a black character. Youre lucky they did that much you special snowflake sissies. I would not bend to your pandering.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It is odd that the black character is in a crappy chair sitting on their own on the opposite side of the table though, I noticed it immediately. I'm not saying racist, but clearly odd that it was drawn that way.

Yeah, he shouldn't even be a character. I mean, you have to be a pretty lazy racist to let that slip, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join