It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' criticized as racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So why was the black character in a crappy chair sitting on their own on the other side of the table like a board interview for a job?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

No one complains when black people are over represented in movies and TV with respect to U.S. census figures. Technically, one black person and 6 white people is pretty accurate relative to the U.S. population.

As far as Franklin being the only one on the left side of the table, they should of had Lucy or Peppermint Pattie next to him, implying a mixed race relationship. That would have made it PC enough, maybe.

Of course if this had truly been racist, then Franklin would have been serving dinner and eating in the kitchen after the white folks were through eating.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Funny how a handful of morons can get even more morons worked up.

The American dream!

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Why not? If it was 3 boys on one side and a girl in the other side is it sexist and anti girl?

Are you really saying the intent of adding the character in the 60s was to be racist?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

...eating only the leftover's, as I allow my butler who is white by the way, still a servant peasant though.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The problem is these morons who are a vocal minority win all the time and if you question them you too get labelled racist by the progressive movement.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I've already said I don't think it's racist so quit that, I just question the scene and the oddness of it.
Now, do you not think the seating arrangements are odd? Do you have any guests at your home and have them sitting in the crap chair on their own? I don't, hence I thought immediately it looked odd.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Because he's the last one who showed up so got the last chair. For the time this was made this is highly progressive and was an attempt to combat racism.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sanford & Son lived in a junkyard.
Hollywood is Racist!

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Considering the trailblazing he did by adding and refusing to get rid of the character the seating was probably purposeful to cause that kind of questioning to help shed some light onto the racism of the day. So what we have here is people crying about something being racist when it was probably purposely done that way to draw attention to such behavior in the day to help combat and fight racism.

So the idiots are attacking the work of those fighting for the same cause before them.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

hahahahahahah

Critics are slamming ABC’s “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” for seating its only black character, Franklin, alone on one side of the holiday table — in a rickety old lawn chair.
Meanwhile, white friends — including Peppermint Patty, Charlie Brown, Sally and even Snoopy — were all seated across from him in real chairs as they feasted,

straight put Lavonte in the old jacked up chair

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, straight put the character in despite pressure and demand the character be removed.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Dang I didn't marry a white girl, so am I now going to be put in jail?
True story, I didn't marry a white girl. So I'm a racist?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, straight put the character in despite pressure and demand the character be removed.

"ok. we will put him in despite all the pressure. but his black ass is sitting on the other side of the table in the bull# chair!"

hahahahahahah

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Why not. I married a non white, non American citizen immigrant and I get told I'm an isolationist and only want white people in America.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Did anyone notice that Franklin ALSO got the smallest piece of the pie?
DEFINITELY racist.

link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Considering the trailblazing he did by adding and refusing to get rid of the character the seating was probably purposeful to cause that kind of questioning to help shed some light onto the racism of the day. So what we have here is people crying about something being racist when it was probably purposely done that way to draw attention to such behavior in the day to help combat and fight racism.

So the idiots are attacking the work of those fighting for the same cause before them.

I hadn't thought about that, thanks you've made me look at it from a different perspective now.

link   
Franklin Armstrong

en.wikipedia.org...(Peanuts)

Franklin is shown to be a skilled dancer. He leads Marcie in a waltz in Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown, performs an elaborate break-dancing routine in It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown, and performs another break-dancing number (while also rapping)

Franklin, the black, rapping and break dancing character.

hahahahahahahahah

and calm down.
i dont think its racist but its funny.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I hadn't thought about that, thanks you've made me look at it from a different perspective now.

he could have blazed a trail and had Franklin shred the piano like Shroeder

and

Franklin's skin color was mentioned in The Charlie Brown Dictionary, a picture dictionary using the Peanuts characters; he was referred to in the definition of "black" in showing a picture of him talking on the telephone, where the color of the telephone is black. The description also says that "black may also refer to Franklin's skin tone, which is also known as a Negro person.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Peppermint Patty is a lesbian.

*sits back all smug because DBCowboy be as woke as ####*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join