It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teeny Tiny "EDIBLE" Toys (of the "CUTE" variety)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What in the F (actual or inactual) is the deal with these "food" toys"??

I first made note of them this summer in the form of "Shopkins" in the show "Who Is America?". My immediate impression was WTF tiny toys tyhat look like food and are shaped like FOOD?!?

Then in recent months I've been in a 'bizarre' position to get all hands on with these sorts on a nightly basis.

Many are the size of being too big for a toddler to try to eat, but many of these (typically "sets") of "toys" are toddler eating size.

Now dont get me wrong, there are a bunch of "food toys" that arent AND carry a practical value in teaching kids to eventually become adepts in a kitchen, but even some of these 'finely' crafted sets carry this same ordeal of parenting I'm getting at. The same one in which moron kids are eating "Tide Pods" (where specialized versions of them for dishwashing machines exist now too), well you might just catch my drift.

I guess as long as they put Japanese'esque CUTE cartoon character faces on them the small children are expected to equate the eating of them as if cannibalism??

BS!

edit on 24-11-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
WHO IS AMERICA "unboxes" "Shopkins":

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Every year, consumer groups release their lists of best and worst toys. Usually, the best toys are educational and provide children with hands-on learning. The worst toys pose some sort of safety hazard.

For example, the consumer watch dog group W.A.T.C.H. (World Against Toys Causing Harm) is warning parents about the potential choking, strangulation and bodily farm certain toys can inflict. This year, the group targeted toys such as a folding trampoline, an electronic sword and some dinosaur claws that tie in with the latest "Jurassic Park" movie.

Safety is important. We all care about safety. But you know what else we parents care about? Stupid toys that tick us off.

With that, here are 10 toys that will probably appear on your kids' wish lists this Christmas, when it's your wish that they would just disappear.

Shopkins. This is my No. 1 with a bullet, and naturally my kids are clamoring for them. Shopkins are tiny, squishy grocery story items that are meant to be collected and traded with friends. They are sold by the pair in baskets for about $3 (in my day, these things would have cost 25 cents in a gumball machine). Plus, they sell play sets, vehicles and many other accessories. They comes in series, so of course early sets are already irritatingly valuable. Maybe what really grinds my gears is when I tell my kids they can see the real live Shopkins when they go to the store with me, and they just laugh condescendingly like I'm the crazy aunt who drank too much at Thanksgiving dinner.
www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I don't know if this is rant worthy. It clearly has a warning on the front of the packet NOT to eat the flaming things.
I just think back to when I was little in the early 70s and would have got this [if it existed then] . Not only would I have known from my peers what the toys are but I can hear my Mum telling me NOT to eat the flaming things because they are not edible and could choke me.
It's so easy to tell kids 'no', if you give a logical explanation as to why. Most kids will get it. If somerkids don't, you may wonder why and look at the parents.
Maybe they have never been taught danger by explanation or they don't listen to their parents for other reasons.

Plus, these toys aren't for toddlers that stick everything in their mouths and choke on it. If you have a child that doesn't understand danger, doesn't listen to you or is too young to crawl, don't buy this toy.

All the other edible looking toys, like erasers and whatever you can come up with, have always been around and the cannibalism thing, just because they have faces, is completely lost on me, unless it's meant sacrcastically. I can't tell.

Why are kids brought up in such a helpless way nowadays? That's the reason they have so many accidents and do stupid stuff when they are older, because they just don't learn to look out for dangers [or cannibalism?!?].

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Simple things amuse simple minds.
Little things amuse little minds.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I know all about Shopkins in my house.
2 daughters played with them for the past 5 years.
Ive spent at least $1000 on the damn things.
Then theres the "Calico critters" Fuzzy little animals made all cute and have a price tag of $30 for a basic furniture set - without any of the characters.
Ungodly amounts of money have been put into those little beasts as well.

Thankfully, none of my kids have tried eating their toys hahah

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Only way to solve this matter would to make them edible like the SpongeBob krapypatties back in the day. Or the mini cola sodas that actually have cola inside.

top topics

join