It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Military Presence On US-Mex Border Is Reducing The Influx of Narcotics Into the U.S.A.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

Just imagine what a wall could do.

Just imagine what a moat with spiky things and crocs could do.
Then a tunnel becomes a must larger endeavor. And I don’t know about you but I certainly don’t ever want to come face to face with a croc.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The price of drugs will be going up. I just heard that Pharmaceuticals are going up a lot this year too, I suppose big pharma is sort of a cartel too.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Slowing down the drugs coming into the country will simply increase demand. Prices will go up and the drug trade will become more lucrative.

Do you guys ever learn from our past mistakes?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Slowing down the drugs coming into the country will simply increase demand. Prices will go up and the drug trade will become more lucrative.

What is this word “learn” you speak of?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

We don't know what high-tech equipment the military brought with them. In fact, there's probably some detection devices and methods that are undisclosed...or top-secret. It's not like the 1960's, where human intelligence is all there is.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Not sure anymore.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Or maybe it's just the combination of civilian/military/government/volunteers, and additional technologies, that are generating a cumulative effect?

Since there's no war on the horizon where our troops will be needed, we should build a few small bases in strategic locations, and keep 50,000 troops on our southern border permanently.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just imagine what a wall could do.

Imagine having those troops building that wall on the Southern Mexico border after they clean up the cartels and crime and make Mexico a US Territory under an elected Governor with the rights of the US constitution for their (our) citizens.

I can dream can't I?

Much smaller wall.

Make Mexico Safe Again... and part of the US. So much beachfront property

edit on 23-11-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The price of drugs will be going up. I just heard that Pharmaceuticals are going up a lot this year too, I suppose big pharma is sort of a cartel too.

Don't worry. When it comes to LEGAL drugs, Democrats swear that reducing those prices will be near the top of their priority list, starting 1.1.2019. It's what their voters asked for...and what they campaigned on.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

We don't know what high-tech equipment the military brought with them. In fact, there's probably some detection devices and methods that are undisclosed...or top-secret. It's not like the 1960's, where human intelligence is all there is.

Well listen to what the directives were for the troops. It was as a supportive role to BCP. They re-inforced some walls and supposedly added some new ones in some area. They aren't there to scan cars/truck coming through the entry points. What have you been watching to even think that they are doing that type of thing?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Well listen to what the directives were for the troops. It was as a supportive role to BCP. They re-inforced some walls and supposedly added some new ones in some area. They aren't there to scan cars/truck coming through the entry points. What have you been watching to even think that they are doing that type of thing?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Well then, I guess we need to focus on the mental aspect of the problem. Remove the DESIRE to use drugs, like we're working on removing the DESIRE from susceptible people, to shoot others with guns.
edit on 11/23/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Its not the governments job to solve peoples personal drug problems.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I agree. I would move to the Yucatan
edit on 23-11-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The huge question mark on exactly what equipment they brought with them would put at least a temporary dent in anything coming over the border.

Its just not worth the risk, they can as some mentioned hold back shipments and drive up demand then once they figure out what the risk is swoop in and make a killing.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

" sparks narco-gang anger "

Hmm.. them sound like Fighting Words . Care to Walk into a Wall of Fire Amigos ? Naw , didn't Think So .....Piff !

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Bet there are a Few DARPA Robotic Weapon Systems roaming around out there on the Border ..............BANG !
edit on 23-11-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Two days ago, President Trump directed the commanders to enhance the military's role. They're not just building structures and fences now. The degree of expansion is classified.

Never tell "the enemy" what your self-imposed limits are. Obama did that with ISIS in Iraq. Several American soldiers died due to having their hands tied by him.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Or maybe it's just the combination of civilian/military/government/volunteers, and additional technologies, that are generating a cumulative effect?

Since there's no war on the horizon where our troops will be needed, we should build a few small bases in strategic locations, and keep 50,000 troops on our southern border permanently.

The thing is, that I don't think that more policing is actually the solution to the drug problem.

I think that if you decriminalize drugs, create medical intervention schemes and supply drugs under prescription for reasonable prices it takes the criminal profitability out, ensures the maximum public safety and allows addicted users the ability to withdraw under medical supervision.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Its not the governments job to solve peoples personal drug problems.

Yeah, it's not like they had anything to do with the current opiate epidemic, meth epidemic or the crack epidemic in the 80's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join