It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA has recording of Saudi's Crown Prince MBS ordering the murder of Khashoggi

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Arnie123

...and before you say, "Well Trump said blah blah blah", it is of my strongest opinion that he was simply doing damage control, considering our alliance.

That’s the problem.

That Trump has no problem covering for Saudi Arabia while they murder and repress people. It’s almost like they could hijack some airplanes and fly them into some buildings and no one would bat an eye.

Oh I forgot, Trumps different though, right?

Do you know who the victim was??? He was a rotten scoundrel of a man, not some innocent journalist.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

...and before you say, "Well Trump said blah blah blah", it is of my strongest opinion that he was simply doing damage control, considering our alliance.

That’s the problem.

That Trump has no problem covering for Saudi Arabia while they murder and repress people. It’s almost like they could hijack some airplanes and fly them into some buildings and no one would bat an eye.

Do you know who the victim was??? He was a rotten scoundrel of a man, not some innocent journalist.

Do you know about MBS that ordered his execution who our nation supports?
He is also a rotten scoundrel that has a history of disappearing people against his rule and also arms Al Queda terrorists in Syria.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That’s the problem.

There's a bigger plot here than a journalist (more like a contributor) being killed. Would you like Trump to start a war over it?

You "intellectuals" are quick to jump on an emotional response here.

Take my support of Trump out of the equation for a moment. In a world where Dick Cheney started a war on false intel, should we jump on all this convenient intel and evidence? This stuff is so good, that it seems like the start of a Tom Clancy novel.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

That’s the problem.

I thought is stop in and say how i feel about this situation. First of I'll say that I am a Trump fan, but too be clear I'm a fan of his presidential role and not as the man. He's definitely full of himself, definitely a misogynist, definitely out of touch with the real world from his money and power and likely bigoted. But he makes smart presidents decisions in my opinion I realized that how much i do or don't like their charisma and character isn't necessarily a good compass to judge a president on with Obama. I voted for him in 2008 and not was i proud of our country that day. Then i became more and more disappointed and eventually enraged with his actions as President.
I think this situation is a good example of what i mean. The way i see it, if we did hard sanctions on this it sets a model where people will call for us to cut ties with every ally we have. We have high level people here in the US that order killings of people dangerous to their agenda and I'm a fan of fixing things at home more so than policing the world. If you think stuff like this killing doesn't happen here at home you need to open your eyes and ears I think.
It's just my opinion but I think Trump probably had tried to stay away from this because he is more concerned with the welfare of America and the answer to punish the Prince without necessarily hurting us and punishing Saudi Arabia is impossible. I completely believe the Prince ordered the killing but what action would punish him without punishing so many people that had nothing to do with it?
If I were him id let SA know that in part of us staying out of it we expected his power and influence to be greatly diminished, let them police it themselves in return for us staying out of it. It's the best answer i can come up with.
edit on 25-11-2018 by Enigma Publius because: Spelling correction

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I wanted to add that most leaders of other countries must feel the same way. Where as they are quick to criticize many things he does, I haven't heard other leaders calling for us to cut ties with saudi Arabia because they themselves also don't want to hurt their relations. I mean, shouldn't other countries also impose some actions like sanctions as well? He was an American yes, but if some British journalist was killed I wouldn't be comfortable with us supporting that country that killed him either. So to be clear I do not like the way I see we must handle at all. But I don't see another good choice.
Where are the callings for action from our other allies? Maybe they have and I haven't heard about it, that's possible for sure but I don't know if any that have.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Would you like Trump to start a war over it?

Standing up against the killing of an american resident with children that are citizens of the usa does not equate to starting a war. It is a cop out to think we are powerless or that we depend on saudi for anything necessary. Salmon is not saudi as a whole and neither is the king.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Baidu's ‘Deep Voice’ AI software can generate new speech, accents, and tones from just 3.7 seconds of anyone's voice.

I would not believe anything I hear from this point forward in time. Listen to the examples in the link below and you will understand why we can't believe anything we hear any longer.

‘Deep Voice’ Software Can Clone Anyone's Voice With Just 3.7 Seconds of Audio
edit on 25-11-2018 by ArJunaBug because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOne7

Standing up against the killing of an american resident with children that are citizens of the usa does not equate to starting a war. It is a cop out to think we are powerless or that we depend on saudi for anything necessary. Salmon is not saudi as a whole and neither is the king.

Sure, but what will be enough of a response for the non-Trump fans? I'm noticing an eyebrow raising amount of European countries selling weapons to SA, which have halted sales now, but it all lays at Trump's feet? Sounds like everyone's hands are bloody here.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArJunaBug
Baidu's ‘Deep Voice’ AI software can generate new speech, accents, and tones from just 3.7 seconds of anyone's voice.

I would not believe anything I hear from this point forward in time. Listen to the examples in the link below and you will understand why we can't believe anything we hear any longer.

‘Deep Voice’ Software Can Clone Anyone's Voice With Just 3.7 Seconds of Audio

This is what I was thinking. With the tools at the disposal of the intelligence communities, it would seem rather easy to fake some audio. At this point we know every single detail about this hit squad, what they even had for breakfast the week prior, and whom gave the order from which phone in which palace.

When has that ever been the case before?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"Sources" inside Turkey !!!

Who would believe it !!

The Creep Deep State is everywhere 👀

Time to invade Saudi Arabia and set things right 😴

Just imagine the spoils.... the same spoils saddam houssein dreamed of. The dollar would be safe from cllapsing..all the housing for the poor solved... Education and health care for all citizens. Or only development of more exotic weapons and invade the rest of the middle east. Yes..!! Thats it...invade the rest of the middle east and have that problem sorted once and for all time..

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: BlackJackal

Well, the man was a CIA employee through WaPo, so I guess it shouldn't surprise us that, in order to get justice for this human being, the CIA is willing to reveal that they either A) have a spy very close to MBS, close enough to record assassination orders, or B) they have whatever device he used to verbally give the order, tapped or hacked.

The CIA is all about justice, truth, and preserving human life, and their human resources department is one of the best, I mean, they always take good care of their employees and would never let their death remain a mystery because they understand how important closure is to the human soul and so they strive to always promote an emotionally healthy environment.

Therefore, we have to cut ties with one of our only allies in the battle against the DeepState.

Cause the CIA luckily "found" a recording.

What? The Saudi's are an ally in a battle against the Deep State? What the hell are you smoking?

No one is saying anything about cutting ties. People simply don't want dictators to think its ok to just kill any journalist that speaks ill of them. Just call out Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and say we know what you did moron, don't do it again and then put some sanctions in place.

If you want to argue against putting sanctions in place for someone that isn't an American citizen then why did we put more sanctions on Russia for the poisoning of Sergei Skripal? He was far less connected to the USA than Jamal Khashoggi was but we still put sanctions in place and Skripal didn't even die.

LINK

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Well, the man was a CIA employee through WaPo, so I guess it shouldn't surprise us that, in order to get justice for this human being, the CIA is willing to reveal that they either A) have a spy very close to MBS, close enough to record assassination orders, or B) they have whatever device he used to verbally give the order, tapped or hacked.

The CIA is all about justice, truth, and preserving human life, and their human resources department is one of the best, I mean, they always take good care of their employees and would never let their death remain a mystery because they understand how important closure is to the human soul and so they strive to always promote an emotionally healthy environment.

Therefore, we have to cut ties with one of our only allies in the battle against the DeepState.

What? The Saudi's are an ally in a battle against the Deep State? What the hell are you smoking?

No one is saying anything about cutting ties. People simply don't want dictators to think its ok to just kill any journalist that speaks ill of them. Just call out Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and say we know what you did moron, don't do it again and then put some sanctions in place.

If you want to argue against putting sanctions in place for someone that isn't an American citizen then why did we put more sanctions on Russia for the poisoning of Sergei Skripal? He was far less connected to the USA than Jamal Khashoggi was but we still put sanctions in place and Skripal didn't even die.

LINK

That's how we got the red line in Syria.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: TheOne7

Sure, but what will be enough of a response for the non-Trump fans? I'm noticing an eyebrow raising amount of European countries selling weapons to SA, which have halted sales now, but it all lays at Trump's feet? Sounds like everyone's hands are bloody here.
I am thinking you made a great point there. It is a delicate situation but not so delicate as to not act at all. We do have some clout with those other countries you speak of.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Kashoggi wasn't a journalist. Sure he wrote a few pieces, but he was a terrorist supporter and sympathizer as well as a spy. The left is actively engaged in trying to whitewash kashoggi into an innocent journalist when that simply isn't true.

Now did he deserve what happened to him. No. Is it a great thing that Saudi Arabia's government is killing these people, probably not. Though, we'd kill spies if caught, so is there really a lot of moral superiority we have here?

Now what I find interesting is how pro-saudi the left was until trump came to power and got saudi arabia talking to israel. Now they're lying about a spy being killed and acting like we have some obligation to be outraged at it. IDGAF that kashoggi was killed. Has absolutely zero bearing on my life. I don't live in saudi arabia, I never plan on being a spy or a "journalist" in saudi arabia, so why should I care?

In 2018, seventeen journalists have been killed in mexico by cartels/government. Where's your outrage? I'm equally non-outraged, though it hits closer to home since it's our neighbor, but their corruption is well known.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Enigma Publius

Amen

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Where's John Clark when you need him?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enigma Publius

That’s the problem.

I thought is stop in and say how i feel about this situation. First of I'll aft that I am a rump fan, but too be clear I'm a fan of his presidential time and not as the man. He's definitely full of himself, definitely a misogynist, definitely out of touch with the real world from his money and power and likely bigoted. But he makes smart presidents decisions in my opinion I realized that how much i do or don't like their charisma and character isn't necessarily a good compass to judge a president on with Obama. I voted for him in 2008 and not was i proud of our country that day. Then i became more and more disappointed and eventually enraged with his actions as President.
I think this situation is a good example of what i mean. The way i see it, if we did hard sanctions on this it sets a model where people will call for us to cut ties with a.k.a.every ally we have. We have high level people here in the US that order killings of people dangerous to their agenda and I'm a fan of fixing things at home more so than policing the world. If you think stuff like this killing doesn't happen here at home you need to open your eyes and ears I think.
It's just my opinion but I think Trump probably had tried to stay away from this because he is more concerned with the welfare of America and the answer to punish the Prince without necessarily hurting us and punishing Saudi Arabia is impossible. I completely believe the Prince ordered the killing but what actin would punish him without punishing so many people that had nothing to do with it?
If I were him id let SA know that in part of us staying out of it we expected his power and influence to be greatly diminished, let them police it themselves in return for us staying out of it. It's the best answer i can come up with.

That is supposed to say "BOY was I proud of our country that day"

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

LINK

I thought he was an American citizen? I still think we are pursuing the only real option but I'm just trying to clarify

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This guy was not an American citizen and wasn't even a regular payroll member for the WaPo (or whichever newspaper it was).

This makes it one foreign national with Islamist ties being bumped off by another foreign power.

Why do we exactly care again

Correct he was not a citizen, he was a legal US resident. Employed by a US company. Who was executed for exercising the rights we claim to protect as a country. That should be an issue to most people.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The Saudis seem to have had a role in 9/11:

Wiki: Alleged Saudi Role in september 11th

But the US did not kick their butts, they invaded Afghanistan instead. The US seems to have helped the Saudis cover up their involvement. Why, then, should we expect any move against SA over the killing of one person?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join