It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA has recording of Saudi's Crown Prince MBS ordering the murder of Khashoggi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No different from Obama

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh? Up late are we? What's going on? Wyd
edit on 24-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: @_@

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

From what we've witnessed over the last couple of years, I don't believe the CIA is the place to go for unadulterated truth...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Keep on shining the light mate , the detractors continue to make themselves look foolish.

a reply to: xuenchen

"Sources" inside Turkey !!!
Who would believe it !!

Sources inside Turkey have been proven correct so far what makes you doubt this is true .... other than the chosen one putting his bulk behind M.B.S of course.

edit on 24-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Hand over Gulen to Turkey and see how fast they change their tune...

This has Brennan's name all over it...

We need to purge the folks in the US Gov't & deep state from the swamp to create a reset with what is going on in the ME region....

It was no surprise to see them strike back against the moves made, it doesn't fit their globalist narrative...

Not a peep over the ARAB Spring OBAMA /Clinton fueled destabilization of the region that fueled TERROR...

Yeah, we should totally hand over a man to a regime that will around and execute him for trumped up political crimes. That is exactly the correct solution to this problem, another murder. Do you actually think anything through or do you just regurgitate the opinions from the comment section of Brietbart?

What in the world does this have to do with John Brennan? Are you saying that Brennan orchestrated the entire murder of Jamal Khashoggi? Really?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This guy was not an American citizen and wasn't even a regular payroll member for the WaPo (or whichever newspaper it was).

This makes it one foreign national with Islamist ties being bumped off by another foreign power.

Why do we exactly care again

He was a defector from Saudi Arabia, had knowledge of key events in the Saudi Goverment and had a position with the Washington Post commenting on events in Saudi Arabia. Looks like he was someone's asset, and got bumped off by his objective.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

So, what should the US do about this killing? Why do we have to police the world?
This happened in Turkey by Saudia Arabia's new superstar(who has gotten his name abbreviated as MBS because he is so well known)- what a crock of sh$t. Something stinks about this whole situation.

Let me give you an ultra quick history lesson. In the Declaration of Independence right there at the top it says:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The killing of anyone by a government regime goes against our values as a country. The killing of a journalist for the content of his speech is just another slap in the face of America. If we don't stand up for our values then we lose credibility on the world stage and other regimes will feel emboldened to do the same or worse.

What Trump has done is absolutely mind boggling. He didn't even call the Crown Prince out for what he did. He even parroted back the trumped up charges that Saudi Arabia used as justification to kill Jamal Khashoggi. He could have atleast said something to the effect of "What you did was bad, don't do that again". No, Trump instead went for the "It's cool bro, I believe you" course of action.

If we as a nation don't make it clear that this is not something we will stand for, what follows may not be a world we want to live in. If you want to live in a world full of autocracies then sure, let's not stand up for our values. America is the largest and most influential country in the world. If we claim to believe that all men have certain unalienable rights and then not stand up for them, the world will stop taking us seriously. The next step will probably be an increased persecution of the press in autocratic nations because they know all they have to do is call Donald Trump and say they didn't do it.

I personally think that we need to place sanctions on Saudia Arabia like most members of Congress. However, at this point in history I would be ecstatic to see a presidential denouncement.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

He was a defector from Saudi Arabia, had knowledge of key events in the Saudi Goverment and had a position with the Washington Post commenting on events in Saudi Arabia. Looks like he was someone's asset, and got bumped off by his objective.

He was a Saudi journalist who had to leave the country so he could speak freely as a journalist , not a defector.
Khashoggi received assurances from the brother of M.B.S that he would be safe if he went to the consulate to get the documents he needed to get married , he was lied to and murdered to send a message to other detractors of M.B.S.

How anyone can find this acceptable in the 21st century is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

He was a Saudi journalist who had to leave the country so he could speak freely as a journalist , not a defector.
Khashoggi received assurances from the brother of M.B.S that he would be safe if he went to the consulate to get the documents he needed to get married , he was lied to and murdered to send a message to other detractors of M.B.S.

Because this happens EVERYDAY and it is beyond people as we worry about our own issues.

That the death of one NON American won't put a dent in how we feel.

Your post is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read and exactly the first world safe space that all seem to enjoy but never leave the safety and comfort it is.

Right now, as we speak, killings and accidents are happening.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I don't think anyone disputes that the CIA may have a recording and that Jamal ordered the killing.

This link has been posted before in a different thread, it details, presumebly, on how it all went down.

www.nytimes.com...

...and before you say, "Well Trump said blah blah blah", it is of my strongest opinion that he was simply doing damage control, considering our alliance.

Politicians and new age folks seem to have forgotten the important relationship we have with them. Sucks too, but I like my cheap gas.

So let me level set here. You believe that Jamal Khashoggi was murdered at the order of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and that the CIA has evidence of it. However, you don't believe it is worth severing ties with Saudia Arabia over.

So far, you and I are on the same page. I think this may be where we differ though.

I think Trump should have at the very least called Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman out. He should have said something to the effect of "We know you did this, don't do this crap again or there will be hell to pay." However, Trump did probably the worst thing possible. He validated on the world stage that he believes Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman even though he has tangible evidence to the contrary. He even littered his statement with the fake charges that Saudi Arabia leveled against Jamal Khashoggi.

Look I know you are a Trump supporter, but I think that even you can read his statement and admit it reads more like a poorly thought out conspiracy theory rather than a presidential statement. Please, if you haven't yet, just read this statement in full.

America First!

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq’s fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries – and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder. After great independent research, we now know many details of this horrible crime. We have already sanctioned 17 Saudis known to have been involved in the murder of Mr. Khashoggi, and the disposal of his body.

Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an “enemy of the state” and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, but my decision is in no way based on that – this is an unacceptable and horrible crime. King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!

That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi. In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have been a great ally in our very important fight against Iran. The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. It is our paramount goal to fully eliminate the threat of terrorism throughout the world!

I understand there are members of Congress who, for political or other reasons, would like to go in a different direction – and they are free to do so. I will consider whatever ideas are presented to me, but only if they are consistent with the absolute security and safety of America. After the United States, Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world. They have worked closely with us and have been very responsive to my requests to keeping oil prices at reasonable levels – so important for the world. As President of the United States I intend to ensure that, in a very dangerous world, America is pursuing its national interests and vigorously contesting countries that wish to do us harm. Very simply it is called America First!

If we don't stand up for the small transgressions stopping the larger ones will be that much harder. If we want to experience a world full of autocrats, then sure let's not do anything. But, I'm sure that is a world that no one here truly wants to see.

At the very least, Trump should atleast call the guy out. We have the goods against him and even though Trump attempts scare tactics of jobs and oil prices, Saudi Arabia won't be able to hurt us economically because they need us far more than we need them. I mean the same logic applies to when Trump wanted to renegotiate NAFTA. I'm sure that neither Canada or Mexico really wanted to do it, but they didn't have much of a choice in the matter.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Because this happens EVERYDAY and it is beyond people as we worry about our own issues.

Your post is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read and exactly the first world safe space that all seem to enjoy but never leave the safety and comfort it is.

What makes this different is that it was the killing of a prominent journalist who was murdered for the content of his speech ordered by the leader of a country. We must at the very least convey to the world that we will not stand for rulers that carry out these types of actions. Unless we want other leaders to start killing any journalist that prints something they don't like.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Only multiple kid's killed with a gun make most Americans feel for a person's death.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

What makes this different is that it was the killing of a prominent journalist who was murdered for the content of his speech ordered by the leader of a country. We must at the very least convey to the world that we will not stand for rulers that carry out these types of actions. Unless we want other leaders to start killing any journalist that prints something they don't like.
Naice views, journalist are murdered everyday in the middle east. Some small, others freelance.

Regardless, just the reality of life.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Does it ?

Ah , I see.

That's more like it Arnie , ridicule is much easier than logical debate.

You don't say !
Thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'll provide a olive branch and say that Trumps rebuke could have been much more severe.

Don't forget, Trump has targeted Saudi before in his tweets.

This time, it's different as he is in a position of power and things "matter" now.

So, sure he could have been more aggressive in his response, but by that same token, careful about how we do things.

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Does it ?

Ah , I see.

That's more like it Arnie , ridicule is much easier than logical debate.

You don't say !
Thanks for the info.

Truth hurts and thus the reality of the world turns. Don't get caught with your pants down because "Orange Man Bad".

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: underwerks

...and before you say, "Well Trump said blah blah blah", it is of my strongest opinion that he was simply doing damage control, considering our alliance.

That’s the problem.

That Trump has no problem covering for Saudi Arabia while they murder and repress people. It’s almost like they could hijack some airplanes and fly them into some buildings and no one would bat an eye.

Oh I forgot, Trumps different though, right?

No different from Obama and the ones before him, from the looks of it...

For the record, about half of the Saudis that hijacked some airplanes and flew them into some buildings were pretty shocked to hear about it later.

Look, most of the posts you make on this board are in the form of Whataboutism. For one it adds nothing to the discussion and secondly it is intellectually disingenuous. In your head it may sound good to say "What about Obama" but in reality it only shows you have nothing constructive to add to the topic and you would like to shift discussion to another topic that you feel better about. If someone asks you about the weather, you don't respond "Yeah, but what about taco Tuesday?"

Whataboutism is actually a propaganda method developed by the former USSR and as you can tell from the content of this board, it was extremely successful. The most prominent uses of this form of propaganda have been by Russia, Northern Ireland (During the Troubles), and Donald Trump. Have you ever heard the phrase "by what about the price of tea in China?" According to some etymologists that phrase originated as a catchall to combat people using whataboutism during the Troubles in Northern Ireland.

Anyways, the point is you probably didn't realize that what you are doing is a logical fallacy and wouldn't knowingly attempt to be disingenuous and you are probably only doing this because you have heard it used so often by Trump and other members of this board.

Whataboutism

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Truth hurts and thus the reality of the world turns.

The truth is that if this had happened at the Iranian Consulate it would be a different story but as it's Saudi , who's teat America feeds off , it's a non issue because ... Money !

Sad to see America leave the moral high ground because of filthy lukre.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Truth hurts and thus the reality of the world turns.

The truth is that if this had happened at the Iranian Consulate it would be a different story but as it's Saudi , who's teat America feeds off , it's a non issue because ... Money !

Sad to see America leave the moral high ground because of filthy lukre.
You come off as some idealistic and immature school girl naive to the inner workings of a cold world.

If we follow decorum, you have to be "bad" in order for our lives to continue as they are. During that time, we can do a little bit of good, like AID and economic support.

Its like the concept of something having to "die" daily to keep us alive, in essence, we EAT THE DEAD TO LIVE.

So, morality has its limits and unfortunately, those limits don't extend beyond the comfort and safety of our nation. Which is why I critized you earlier about talking from your natural safe space.
edit on 24-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Hmmm

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I'll provide a olive branch and say that Trumps rebuke could have been much more severe.

Don't forget, Trump has targeted Saudi before in his tweets.

This time, it's different as he is in a position of power and things "matter" now.

So, sure he could have been more aggressive in his response, but by that same token, careful about how we do things.

www.marketwatch.com...

Nope, I agree with you. Things do matter more now than when he was candidate Trump.

I know that we will never be on the same page politically, but I do respect you having the fortitude to admit Trump wasn't 100% right in this situation.

Giving ground in online debates is extremely rare and it is a sign of maturity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join