It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA has recording of Saudi's Crown Prince MBS ordering the murder of Khashoggi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Currently, this news is only being reported by Turkish and Israeli sources. The sources are generally trustworthy but so far no American journalists have confirmed this story

The CIA has a recording of a phone call between Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and an unnamed person in which the crown prince gave instructions to "silence Jamal Khashoggi as soon as possible."[1] This tape has long been rumored to exist but this is the first time its existence has been confirmed by the American Intelligence agency. CIA Directory Gina Haspel "signaled" it's existence while in Turkey last month.

This is the latest twist in the Jamal Khashoggi murder that has entangled the USA, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia in an odd game of statesmanship. In order to have a complete discussion on the topic, here is a timeline of events.

• October 2nd was the last time anyone saw Jamal Khashoggi alive. The last physical evidence shows him entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to pick up documents so that he could marry his Turkish fiancee. When the news of the disappearance first started hitting the news the initial response from the Saudi government was that Jamal Khashoggi left the consulate unharmed. The Turkish government on the other hand opened up a criminal investigation.

In the days following Jamal Khashoggi's disappearance Saudi Arabia's cosul general, the Crown Prince's brother, and Saudi Ambassador to Washington each stated "talk of his kidnapping was baseless".

• October 10th was the day the Turkish authorities released photo's of the 15 suspected members of the Saudi hit squad which Turkey alleged killed Jamal Khashoggi. This hit squad included several security officials known to be close to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. At this time it was reported that Turkey had audio recordings of the actual murder. In addition to the identification of the hit squad the Turkish investigators also released a detailed breakdown of how the Saudi's coordinated this murder including their travel plans.[2]

• October 13th brings a proclamation from Donald Trump in which he vows "severe punishment" for Saudi Arabia if the regime is found to be responsible for Jamal Khashoggi's death.

• October 15th, nearly two weeks after Jamal Khashoggi went missing Turkish officials were for the first time allowed access to the consulate.

• October 16th - Trump spoke with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman via phone. Later Trump informed the media that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman "totally denied" any knowledge of Jamal Khashoggi's fate.

Senator Lindsey Graham told Fox News that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was toxic and recommended he be removed from the Saudi line of succession to the throne. Additionally, he stated if it were up to him, he would "sanction the hell ouf of Saudi Arabia".[3]

• October 19th - After denying any knowledge of Jamal Khashoggi's fate, the Saudi's admit that he was killed inside the consulate after a "fist fight" broke out. When asked they provided no answer to the whereabouts of Jamal Khashoggi's body.

The debuty Saudi intelligence chief and one of Crown Prince Mohammed bin salman's closest aides is fired. Additionally, Saud al Qahtani the Crown Prince's top aide is also removed.

• October 21 - A Saudi official stated that Jamal Khashoggi died in a "chokehold" when 15 operatives overstepped their orders to detain Khashoggi.

• October 22 - Gina Haspel traveled to Turkey and listened to the audio recording of Khashoggi's death.

• October 25 - Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor announces that the murder was "premeditated" reversing earlier statements that the death was an accident

• November 15 - Saudi Arabia announces the Kingdom will seek the death penalty for 5 out of the 11 people charged in the murder. While at the same time exonerating Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of all involvement.

The US Treasury announed sanctions on 17 Saudi officials. The sanctions only targeted individuals with no sanctions on the government of Saudi Arabia.

• November 16 - The Washington Post published CIA reports that concluded Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.[4]

• November 18 - Trump told Fox News that he had no intentions of listening to the audio of Jamal Khashoggi's murder. He was briefed via phone by Haspel that the CIA's analysis held that the crown prince could not have possibly been unaware of the murder plot. We know this as a fact because that same information was also passed on to other members of the government.

Even after being briefed by Haspel earlier that day he told reporters "Recent reports indicating that the U.S. government has made a final conclusion are inaccurate, There remain numerous unanswered questions with respect to the murder of Mr. Khashoggi."[5] In an repeat of Trump's penchant for trusting the word of autocrats over his intelligence agencies Trump also stated:

• Asked by host Chris Wallace if he thinks the crown prince lied to him, Trump suggested nobody can really be sure about anything.

“I don’t know, you know, who can really know?” Trump said. “But I can say this — he’s got many people now that say he had no knowledge.”

Wallace interjected to press Trump, saying, “what if the crown prince, speaking to you, the president of the United States, directly lied to you?” But Trump indicated he’s not particularly bothered by that possibility.

“Well, he told me that he had nothing to do with it,” Trump continued. “He told me that I would say maybe five times at different points, as recently as a few days ago. ... Will anybody really know? Will anybody really know?”

• November 20 - Trump releases a strongly worded statement stating there is nothing definitive that ties Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to the murder of Jamal Khashoggi. The statement emphasizes Washington's loyalty to the Saudi government, weapons deals, countering Iran, and oil prices. Trump dismissed the CIA findings and instead stated the alliance with Saudia Arabia and the Crown Prince specifically were crucial to US security and economic interests.

The statement was denounced by both Democrat and Republican lawmakers demanding that Saudi Arabia be held responsible for their actions.[7]

• November 22 - News breaks that the CIA has an actual 'smoking gun' phone call in their possession.[1]

So if this proves to be true, that the CIA actually has a phone call that links the Crown Prince directly to the murder of Jamal Khashoggi does that change your opinion of this matter? If the constantly changing story and lies weren't enough, it really appears that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is definetely deeply involved in this murder.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
"Sources" inside Turkey !!!

Who would believe it !!

The Creep Deep State is everywhere 👀

Time to invade Saudi Arabia and set things right 😴

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Personally? I think it's time to panic.

A foreign nation killed someone.

I just made a small poo in my pants because this has never happened before.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't think anyone disputes that the CIA may have a recording and that Jamal ordered the killing.

This link has been posted before in a different thread, it details, presumebly, on how it all went down.

www.nytimes.com...

...and before you say, "Well Trump said blah blah blah", it is of my strongest opinion that he was simply doing damage control, considering our alliance.

Politicians and new age folks seem to have forgotten the important relationship we have with them. Sucks too, but I like my cheap gas.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

...and before you say, "Well Trump said blah blah blah", it is of my strongest opinion that he was simply doing damage control, considering our alliance.

That’s the problem.

That Trump has no problem covering for Saudi Arabia while they murder and repress people. It’s almost like they could hijack some airplanes and fly them into some buildings and no one would bat an eye.

Oh I forgot, Trumps different though, right?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
faK3 n3Wz!!!

Trump is god. He's right. Saudi prince was bigly good. Gave much covfefe. Trump says he's okay. He wouldn't do that. And he knows. People are saying that he's the bigliest judge of Saudi character alive right now. Maybe one of the best. Probably the best ever. Not just right now, ever.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

That’s the problem.

That Trump has no problem covering for Saudi Arabia while they murder and repress people. It’s almost like they could hijack some airplanes and fly them into some buildings and no one would bat an eye.

What a ridiculous post, just forget every other POTUS since, well, since the inception?

Oh I forgot, Orange Man Bad! So only him and not others, right?

Pfff, give me a break 😒
edit on 23-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Truth

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Hmmm...I admit it's a good question to be asking and taking a look at. Clintons, Bush's, Obama. They've all let us down so far.

Then there's Israel's strange relationship with the Saudi's. And maybe even 9/11.

Still and all. What can Trump do since Iran (and RUSSIA!!) will take anything we leave?
edit on 23-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I'm 100% certain that Khashoggi is not the first Saudi citizen murdered by an order from Saudi Royalty. I'm 110% certain he won't be the last.

I sure hope you aren't too upset by these real-world events. Giving yourself heartburn over things you can't change, isn't good.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This guy was not an American citizen and wasn't even a regular payroll member for the WaPo (or whichever newspaper it was).

This makes it one foreign national with Islamist ties being bumped off by another foreign power.

Why do we exactly care again

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
they need us more than we need them. they've got something on trump and they're testing him, imo. he's a puss.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This guy was not an American citizen and wasn't even a regular payroll member for the WaPo (or whichever newspaper it was).

This makes it one foreign national with Islamist ties being bumped off by another foreign power.

Yeah. Justice has no place in American thinking. Murder is fine if we can turn a profit.

edit on 11/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
MAGA!

amusing to see all the "Patriots" change their stance on Saudi Arabia now

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Of course they do. They're the #ing CIA.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah. Justice has no place in American thinking. Murder is fine if we can turn a profit.
Truth be told, that's the cold reality of life and thus the world turns.

Tell us something we don't know.

link   

That’s the problem.

No different from Obama and the ones before him, from the looks of it...

For the record, about half of the Saudis that hijacked some airplanes and flew them into some buildings were pretty shocked to hear about it later.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Cuz it makez tRump look baaaaad!

While we're at it we can ignore all other crimes against humanity that every country has done...ever. Since this is such an injustice, we should also forego any and all military programs we currently have.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
faK3 n3Wz!!!

Trump is god. He's right. Saudi prince was bigly good. Gave much covfefe. Trump says he's okay. He wouldn't do that. And he knows. People are saying that he's the bigliest judge of Saudi character alive right now. Maybe one of the best. Probably the best ever. Not just right now, ever.

You'd probably feel better about him then if he sent a few billion in cash to Iran, amIright?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Morality has no place in MAGA.

America Only!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join